Windows 10: Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Has anyone figured out how to prevent Windows 10 from requiring a new login after sleep mode? BTW...I don't mind a new sign-in after power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RKBraden, Feb 5, 2021.

1. RKBraden Win User

Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

Has anyone figured out how to prevent Windows 10 from requiring a new login after sleep mode?

BTW...I don't mind a new sign-in after power restart...that's a good security measure. But why do I need to constantly sign-in on a protected computer that I walked away from for several minutes???

I tried to get an answer for this a couple of years ago but no one had an answer....any new approaches?

:)

RKBraden, Feb 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

w/10 Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep how to stop this

PhilipMckee, Feb 5, 2021
  3. lenberman Win User
    will not ask for password after sleep

I am trying to make W10 ask for my logon password after going to sleep. I went into the settings and clearly set it to ask for the logon after it has gone to sleep. I set it to sleep after 15 minutes and it does go to sleep , but shaking the mouse will wake the system without asking for the logon. Does anyone know why this happens?
    Len
    San Diego, USA

lenberman, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

Sleep and Password. windows 10

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You may try this steps:

• Type Power & sleep settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Additional power settings
    • On the right side of the screen, click on Require a password on wake up
    • Under password protection on wake up, select the button that says required a password (recommended)
    • When your computer wakes up from sleep.
    • No one can access your data without entering the correct password to unlock the computer.
    • Clck on create or change user account password if you do not have one or you want to change your password.
    • Click on save changes below.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

1. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep. - Similar Threads - always asks password

2. After sleep windows 11 does not ask for password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After sleep windows 11 does not ask for password.: I have this option enabled that after sleep I should be prompted for a password but it does not prompt for a password and jumps straight back into desktopAnyway to fix this?...
  3. After sleep windows 11 does not ask for password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After sleep windows 11 does not ask for password.: I have this option enabled that after sleep I should be prompted for a password but it does not prompt for a password and jumps straight back into desktopAnyway to fix this?...
  4. Sleep does not ask for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does not ask for password: When I press the power button to wake up my windows 11 from sleep mode, the time is displayed and I press enter and the desktop appears without me needing to type in the password. How can I change this so I need to type in the password when I want the laptop to come out of...
  5. Sleep does not ask for password

Sleep does not ask for password: When I press the power button to wake up my windows 11 from sleep mode, the time is displayed and I press enter and the desktop appears without me needing to type in the password. How can I change this so I need to type in the password when I want the laptop to come out of...
  6. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  7. ALWAYS asks for username and password

ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  8. will not ask for password after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    will not ask for password after sleep: I am trying to make W10 ask for my logon password after going to sleep. I went into the settings and clearly set it to ask for the logon after it has gone to sleep. I set it to sleep after 15 minutes and it does go to sleep , but shaking the mouse will wake the system without...
  9. always ask password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    always ask password: please tell me what to do in order to disable the password from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/always-ask-password/f5a78340-5969-4209-bb88-930f57e9aaed"
  10. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...