Windows 10: Windows 10 always gets stuck at restart, but when starting up from a shutdown this doesn't...

Discus and support Windows 10 always gets stuck at restart, but when starting up from a shutdown this doesn't... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,I have a weird problem. My Asus laptop is old but is still working. However, whenever I attempt a restart it almost always gets stuck on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FellWyrm, Jun 9, 2021.

1. FellWyrm Win User

Windows 10 always gets stuck at restart, but when starting up from a shutdown this doesn't...

Hello,I have a weird problem. My Asus laptop is old but is still working. However, whenever I attempt a restart it almost always gets stuck on the restart screen after the computer turns on. This does not happen when I do a shutdown then manually start my computer. I tried restarting in safe mode but didn't work. Anyone has any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?Thanks in advance!

:)

FellWyrm, Jun 9, 2021
  2. grandekid Win User

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Jun 9, 2021
  3. StefanM Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

When you say "force shutdown" you mean you hit the power button?

Try from a CLI:
    shutdown.exe /force

StefanM, Jun 9, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows 10 always gets stuck at restart, but when starting up from a shutdown this doesn't...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 always gets stuck at restart, but when starting up from a shutdown this doesn't... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 always gets stuck at restart, but when starting up from a shutdown this doesn't... - Similar Threads - always gets stuck

2. Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart: When I reboot, the startup usually takes about 2 minutes to complete.While that is happening, the taskbar on ALL monitors does not display except the Main display.If you hover over the main display taskbar, it shows the loading sign.Then as soon as it is close to finishing...
  3. Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart: When I reboot, the startup usually takes about 2 minutes to complete.While that is happening, the taskbar on ALL monitors does not display except the Main display.If you hover over the main display taskbar, it shows the loading sign.Then as soon as it is close to finishing...
  4. PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.: The title basically explains it all. I have tried everything. Disabling fast startup, disabling wake on LAN, trying a clean boot, and nothing has succeeded. This is a brand new installation of Windows as well. Any help is appreciated, thank you. submitted by...
  5. Windows 10 restart and shutdown stucks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restart and shutdown stucks: These days my laptop starts to stuck in restart and shutdown screen without the loading circle of points and my pc acts like there is no restart , i still see the mouse cursor and the pc goes sleep mode Pleas the force shutdown suggestion isnt helpful bcz it always do this...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart: Hi, I usually do hibernate my PC until I have recently noticed the problem that my PC is not shutting down or restarts, no matter whatever ways I tried. It goes to display like "Shutting Down"or "Restarting" and then it stalls. I have kept it for hours, but no change, which...
  7. Windows is getting stucked always.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is getting stucked always.....: My device is a Acer E 15. 8GB ddr3 ram , intel core i5 8th gen processor , with dedicated nvidia 2gb vga. It doesn't have any hardware problem. It runs with windows 10 pro latest updates. 1 During the boot process windows logo displayed and loading nearly 10-15min to...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart: I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I...
  9. No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart: When I shutdown my desktop computer and then start it I have no mouse. If I select Enter on my keyboard I can get to the login screen. Then I tab over to the Power icon and select it with the Enter key. I use the arrow keys to move up to Sleep and select Sleep with my Enter...
  10. Shutdown from start menu now restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown from start menu now restarting: System is Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1607 build 14393.321. Ever since the latest cumulative update to this build, I find that about half the time that I select Shutdown from the start menu, I actually get a reboot instead. If I use the command line shutdown.exe -s instead,...