Windows 10: Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors.

Discus and support Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this issue after installing my second and third monitor, in the windows settings, I have the "Combine taskbar buttons"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Logan Shier, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors.

Hello,

I've been having this issue after installing my second and third monitor,

in the windows settings, I have the "Combine taskbar buttons" setting: Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors. 50d47778-20ad-40ce-bb29-037445a944db?upload=true.jpg set to "Always, Hide labels" but that doesn't apply to my second and third monitor.

First monitors taskbar : Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors. a8bcd5f7-2e7e-4f11-88a4-444d09523366?upload=true.jpg

Second monitors taskbar: Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors. be730eb3-1556-4d47-97b8-2a46822a5558?upload=true.jpg

I was hoping you could help with this, thanks for your time.

P.S.: sorry for the formatting being weird and hard to follow.

:)

Logan Shier, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click a blank area on the taskbar and choose
      Taskbar Settings.

• Under Combine Taskbar Buttons, choose
      Always, hide labels.

• Exit Settings.

You may also go through How to use the taskbar
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors.

Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors.

1. Windows 10 "Always, hide labels" not working on other monitors. - Similar Threads - Always hide labels

2. how do i always show taskbar labels?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i always show taskbar labels?: ditto always combine icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-always-show-taskbar-labels/8c7e445d-76eb-49ff-a941-85190164aea3
  3. Windows always opens on wrong monitor

Windows always opens on wrong monitor: Hello, I use 4 monitors, 1 is the internal laptop screen, 2 & 3 are external monitors and the fourth is a smart TV. I only use 3 of these when all are connected, the two externals and the TV. When all are connected the laptop screen is disconnected. Every day when I wake...
  4. Hide the Windows taskbar on my 4th monitor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide the Windows taskbar on my 4th monitor only: I have a 4 monitor setup and I can either have the taskbar displaying on all 4 monitors or just the first monitor. I would like the monitors 1, 2 and 3 to display the taskbar and *no taskbar* on the 4th monitor. 125517
  5. Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10: ALCON, I want to make the left side of my Windows 10 dual-display look like my right-side (screenshot attached), but can't figure out the options. I don't have much experience using the Taskbar anywhere but at the bottom, so my attempts to discover the possibility have...
  6. Changing number labels for monitors

Changing number labels for monitors: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) I have a setup using 3 monitors, and originally they were numbered correctly (1,2,3, going left-to-right). However, after reformatting my computer, the numbers have changed themselves to be 1,3,2 going left-to-right. [ATTACH] This is very...
  7. Is there any way to hide the labels on the Windows Task Bar and prevent their horizontal...

Is there any way to hide the labels on the Windows Task Bar and prevent their horizontal...: Is there any way to hide the labels on the Windows Task Bar and prevent their horizontal expansion? I would just like to have the small icons visible....
  8. Can't always log into other sites

in Browsers and Email
    Can't always log into other sites: Two examples: 1. My bank and 2. My Kroger pharmacy. I can open the sites, type in my ID and password and the original screen pops back up asking me to log in. I went over to the Google browser and was able to get in with no problem. This has started only after installing...
  9. Hide Other WiFi connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide Other WiFi connections: I live in quite a dense neighbourhood, meaning there are hundreds of wifi connections around. windows does it best to show me these, when in truth I do not need or want this long list. I only want my own connection and perhaps the HP network printer I have. seem to...
  10. Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows: wW1TY5jDGrk As shown in this video (you might have to set the quality to 720p), you can switch on and off the drop shadows of your Windows 10 desktop icon labels. However, after using the auto arrange snap window function (drag and drop any window to the left or right...