Windows 10: Windows 10 always locks immediately after logon

Discus and support Windows 10 always locks immediately after logon in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since this January 2019, the most Windows 10 systems (about 1620 computers) have been in the main problem of locking the system immediately (3-5... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Seung Kim (seung.kim), Nov 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 always locks immediately after logon

Since this January 2019, the most Windows 10 systems (about 1620 computers) have been in the main problem of locking the system immediately (3-5 seconds) after logon.

Windows 10 systems have the following things.

• managed computers by higher educational institutes.
    • Mixed of different build versions of Windows 10 EDU 64-bit such as 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903 - For sure, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 1903 on several computers. But they still have the same problem.
    • All users are using domain account authenticated through our Active Directory services (Windows 2008)
    • Run Screensaver (after 20 min) by Group Policy Objects
    • Turned on GPO Debug level on several computers to analyze the log. (I am not sure some logs are helpful to find solutions from Google search)
    • Uninstalled KB3159398 from domain controllers (Before the KB3159398 was uninstalled, they already have the same problem.)

When any domain account is logged onto the Windows 10 system, the system will be locked immediately while login in. Then, end-user has to log onto the system again. Then, the Windows 10 system will be unlocked.

Windows 7 systems don't have the same problem yet. I know that Windows 10 system architecture is quite different rather than Windows 7. I am happy to give the GPO debug log or Windows event log to someone helping me if necessary.

SK

:)

Seung Kim (seung.kim), Nov 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Lock Screen to Logon Credentials not working as desired

The recent upgrade(s) of my Windows 10 Pro sees Version 1709 and OS Build 16299.19 loaded. My original settings of not seeing the lock screen picture not appearing on the logon screen has seen the lock screen picture not being displayed at all, instead it is just a plain colour. However if I allow the logon screen to appear on top of the lock screen picture, then the lock screen picture is visible. A change the picture, even to one of the defaults, it still doesn't work as desired.

Suggestions to resolve this issue welcomed.

trolleybus, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows 10 always locks immediately after logon

[SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

I did.

Windows 10 always locks immediately after logon [​IMG]

Didn't make a difference!

Edwin, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 always locks immediately after logon

1. Windows 10 always locks immediately after logon - Similar Threads - always locks immediately

2. why it always locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why it always locked: Be free it for student https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-always-locked/c1ca1aad-2ed5-42c8-9c17-83b52b30c808
  3. Prevent face unlock immediately after locking the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent face unlock immediately after locking the laptop: I have windows hello face unlock enabled on my laptop. When I lock the laptop with Win+L the laptop comes to lockscreen and immediately unlocks because of face recognition. I want it to remain locked at least for a few seconds till I move away from the screen and only unlock...
  4. Prevent face unlock immediately after locking the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent face unlock immediately after locking the laptop: I have windows hello face unlock enabled on my laptop. When I lock the laptop with Win+L the laptop comes to lockscreen and immediately unlocks because of face recognition. I want it to remain locked at least for a few seconds till I move away from the screen and only unlock...
  5. Windows 10 hangs after logon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs after logon: After I logon to my windows 10 pro computer I get a black screen and am unable to do anything. I can press ctr-alt-del and click on task manager but it never shows on the screen. I tried to boot into safe mode and also in this mode I am unable to start task manager. Once I...
  6. Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logon Failed After Updating Windows 10: I just updated Windows 10 on one of my Dell desktops. After the reboot I got the following message: The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User Profile could not be loaded. How do I fix this? I tried using both my pin and password and both failed Marc Marcuzzi...
  7. Windows 10 returns to logon screen immediately after successfully log into Administrator...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 returns to logon screen immediately after successfully log into Administrator...: My laptop is a Thinkpad T430 running on Windows 10 Education 10.0.18362.836 Version 1903. It worked well in the past year with one Administrator account, which is set up with a gmail address and uses fingerprint or pin to log in. Today I decided to change the account type...
  8. Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown: Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restarts-immediately-after-shutdown/c73b6d59-c862-4fad-9afa-c0c213268b4a"
  9. Windows 10 Home. Missing Lock or Logon screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home. Missing Lock or Logon screen: I no longer have a logon on screen or a Lock option anywhere. I'm pretty sure this changed after the latest update. June 12, 2018—KB4284835 (OS Build 17134.112) When I start the computer I get logged in immediately, and I have no way of lock the computer. When me...
  10. Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock: I have a new computer that I just installed Windows 10 Pro on. (It's still not activated though.) It has all the latest updates. So once in awhile when I try to log in after the box was locked (WinKey+L sequence), it gets stuck on this screen (just took the picture):...