Windows 10: Windows 10 Always Requiring Frequent Restarts

Discus and support Windows 10 Always Requiring Frequent Restarts in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My machine requires frequent restarts, and it's not just the software that's installed on it, but Windows that's acting up. When I try to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HoneycombWX, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Always Requiring Frequent Restarts

My machine requires frequent restarts, and it's not just the software that's installed on it, but Windows that's acting up. When I try to open the start menu, it won't open, and Action Center will do the same thing. Going into the Start Menu to restart Explorer, I get a dialog box that says that "Start Menu and Cortana have stopped working" and wants me to sign out and back in again. So I do that.

The same thing keeps popping back up, over and over, and unfortunately, it seems as though a stalled Windows service within svchost.exe (can't determine which one) is causing everything to become stuck all at once. This process has BrokenInfrastructure, DcomLaunch, LSM, PlugPlay, Power, and SystemEventsBroker in one. Closing this process results in a BSOD.

Every other time I restart Explorer and it got stuck, it shows up in the "analyze wait chain" list.

That's not all the reason it requires frequent restarts: Sometimes I have to shutdown a misbehaving app (e.g. STEAM and the case of the AWOL in-game overlay.) Until Steam is closed, then I can't start a new process. But how can I close Steam if it keeps telling me I can't close it and its GameOverlayUI component because of access denied?!

So yeah, a couple of rants. I'm not sure if this has affected my Laptop, but as of the moment, I can't get Wikipedia to re-download on both of them!

:)

HoneycombWX, Sep 23, 2015

2. Video_TDR_Failure (igdkmd64.sys)

My Dell computer with Windows 10 crashes frequently, displaying Video_TDR_Failure (igdkmd64.sys). When the computer restarts the clock always indicates 1 hour earlier than before the crash. What is the problem?

Mergatroyd 01, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

PC won't connect to network/internet on first boot. - Always requires restart. Happens in Windows 10

Pramod Kumar Chandra, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Always Requiring Frequent Restarts

1. Windows 10 Always Requiring Frequent Restarts - Similar Threads - Always Requiring Frequent

2. Application unaccountably requires frequent restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application unaccountably requires frequent restarts: I use the free version of Phrase Express, which until recently worked without a hitch--even when I used an outdated version. For some time now, however, it has stopped working frequently, often many times a day. When it stops I must exit the program and restart it. Before...
  3. Application unaccountably requires frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application unaccountably requires frequent restarts: I use the free version of Phrase Express, which until recently worked without a hitch--even when I used an outdated version. For some time now, however, it has stopped working frequently, often many times a day. When it stops I must exit the program and restart it. Before...
  4. Application unaccountably requires frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent restarts: After installing latest updates KB5012117 and KB5012599 my pc started to go into error and restarts immediately after loading. I tried uninstalling last updates via safe mode but thats not working. Probably i will have to reset my pc?...
  6. Frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent restarts: After installing latest updates KB5012117 and KB5012599 my pc started to go into error and restarts immediately after loading. I tried uninstalling last updates via safe mode but thats not working. Probably i will have to reset my pc?...
  7. Frequent Restarts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Restarts on Windows 10.: I built a new PC a few weeks ago and, since then, have been experiencing frequent blue screens and restarts. Recently I haven't seen any BSOS'd, but my PC has been randomly restarting. I have tried testing the RAM, as per one of the BSOD error codes, but that was not the...
  8. Restart Always Requires Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart Always Requires Bitlocker Recovery Key: On my new Lenovo Thinkpad X270, I disabled TPM and switched from UEFI to Compatibility mode so that I could boot from a CD that required this. When I switched the settings back and rebooted, I was asked for the Bitlocker recovery key. My first question is why was I asked...
  9. MS window 10 restarts frequently

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS window 10 restarts frequently: sir, We have recently purchased systems with window 10 pro (64 bit) RAM 4GB. Right from the purchase of this system with windows pro 10, we are facing lot of problem. Systems restarts frequently with blue screen error message PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA llio.sys". Its...
  10. Windows 10 1809 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1809 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required.: After cumulative update January 2019 of win 10 ver 1809, the computer does recognize wake up events from sleep (Before the Jan 2019 cumulative update it could wake up from keyboard press, mouse click or even by remote desktop trigger from LAN). I confirmed that that the wake...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntoskrnl cpu remove-appxpackage