Windows 10: Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

Discus and support Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm a Windows 10 user. I'm using Windows 10 latest build update in dual boot mode with Ubuntu 22 LTS. When starting it up, it always shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Đức Nguyễn Anh, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

Hello, I'm a Windows 10 user. I'm using Windows 10 latest build update in dual boot mode with Ubuntu 22 LTS. When starting it up, it always shows startup default lock screen, specifically, this photo:However, Windows does display its daily Spotlight lock screen after entering its sleep mode. I want to make the lock screen available even when Windows 10 startup. How do I do when booting Windows with Windows being the first & preferent operating system in GRUB Boot Loader?

:)

Đức Nguyễn Anh, Nov 15, 2022

2. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual booting

Hello. I have a Windows 10 laptop and I'm using its lock screen spotlight as the daily lock screen background. However, the spotlight has stopped functioning after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual booting. I did verify the Windows 10 integrity by running "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" and found no corruption. Please provide some helps for me to resolve this.

Đức Nguyễn Anh, Nov 15, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Help with dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu

This is your whole problem. What you should have done is to put GRUB in sdb1 and Windows Manager in sda1 so that Windows Boot Manager is in control.
    So what suggested above will not make any difference. GRUB is still in control of booting process.
    To fix your problem. You will need to:
    1. Move GRUB from sdb to sdb1
      |grub2 - how to move grub boot from one partition to another in linux - Ask Ubuntu
    2. Rebuild The Windows Boot Manager ie. create a brand new BCD to boot Windows 10.
    3. Once done with steps 1 and 2 above. Windows will not know UBUNTU exists and vice versa.
      Depend on the priority set in the BIOS, it will boot directly into that OS.
      However, you can boot either one from Boot Menu (Using whatever key that your Laptop assigned to: F2, F10....)
      Since I hate Dual Boot and seldom boot into Linux, I will stop here.
      Now, go to step 4 to create dual boot.
    4. Use Easy BCD to create an entry for dual boot with UBUNTU. Once done, you should get a nice GUI dual Boot Menu
      and it will boot directly into either Windows or UBUNTU.

Here's the detailed explanation: How can I move windows 10 boot files to another drive to allow linux

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2022
  4. Wingo101 Win User

Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

Windows Vista Startup Problem ( Dual Boot)

I've got a dual boot set up on my computer, with Windows XP Professional 32bit & Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I haven't booted into Vista for quite some time now because I get better performance from XP. But now, if I try to boot into Vista, it goes through until after the Welcome screen & just gets stuck on a black screen with the pointer showing.

I have tried repairing the startup using the Vista CD.

Any suggestions?

Wingo101, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

1. Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS - Similar Threads - always shows startup

2. After installing Ubuntu 20.04.06 LTS as a dual boot, even after selecting the Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing Ubuntu 20.04.06 LTS as a dual boot, even after selecting the Windows 10...: After installing Ubuntu 20.04.06 LTS as a dual boot, even after selecting the Windows 10 option from the GRUB menu, Ubuntu still boots up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-ubuntu-200406-lts-as-a-dual-boot/e32d5646-dbd4-4d7b-bb9c-b8605642636d
  3. After installing Ubuntu 20.04.06 LTS as a dual boot, even after selecting the Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing Ubuntu 20.04.06 LTS as a dual boot, even after selecting the Windows 10...: After installing Ubuntu 20.04.06 LTS as a dual boot, even after selecting the Windows 10 option from the GRUB menu, Ubuntu still boots up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-ubuntu-200406-lts-as-a-dual-boot/e32d5646-dbd4-4d7b-bb9c-b8605642636d
  4. Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS: Hello, I'm a Windows 10 user. I'm using Windows 10 latest build update in dual boot mode with Ubuntu 22 LTS. When starting it up, it always shows startup default lock screen, specifically, this photo:However, Windows does display its daily Spotlight lock screen after entering...
  5. Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS: Hello, I'm a Windows 10 user. I'm using Windows 10 latest build update in dual boot mode with Ubuntu 22 LTS. When starting it up, it always shows startup default lock screen, specifically, this photo:However, Windows does display its daily Spotlight lock screen after entering...
  6. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...: Hello. I have a Windows 10 laptop and I'm using its lock screen spotlight as the daily lock screen background. However, the spotlight has stopped functioning after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual booting. I did verify the Windows 10 integrity by running "sfc /scannow"...
  7. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...: Hello. I have a Windows 10 laptop and I'm using its lock screen spotlight as the daily lock screen background. However, the spotlight has stopped functioning after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual booting. I did verify the Windows 10 integrity by running "sfc /scannow"...
  8. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  10. Black screen in Windows 10 dual booted with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen in Windows 10 dual booted with Ubuntu: My computer (dell inspiron) is dual booted, with windows 10 and ubuntu. Normally, when I power my system on, the grub menu comes up and I select windows from it. The first option in the menu is ubuntu, which is selected automatically if I don't select anything. Since...