Windows 10: Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft

Discus and support Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft confirmed an issue affecting Direct Access on Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices recently. The issue affects devices running windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 14, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft

Microsoft confirmed an issue affecting Direct Access on Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices recently. The issue affects devices running windows 11 version 21H2 and 22H2, in other words all release versions of Windows 11, as well as the Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1, 21H2 and 22H2, and the Enterprise version LTSC 2019, Windows Server 2022 and Windows Server 2019.

Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft direct-access-issue-windows.png

Microsoft describes the issue in the following way: connections to Direct Access may fail on affected systems after "temporarily losing network connectivity or transitioning between Wi-Fi networks or access points". The issue occurs after the installation of the October preview updates or newer updates on affected systems.

Microsoft notes that the issue "should not affect" other remote connectivity solutions, such as VPN and Always on VPN.

Most Home devices are not affected by the issue, as Direct Access is used primarily to access network resources of an organization remotely.

Microsoft used a Known Issue Rollback to fix the issue. It may take up to 24 hours to propagate the change to devices that are not managed. Restarting the device may help speed up the resolution of the issue according to Microsoft.

Enterprise-managed devices do not receive the fix automatically. Administrators need to install and configure special policies to resolve the issue on these devices.

Group Policy downloads are found on all support pages that provide information on the issue. You may check the Windows 11 version 22H2 support page to download the policies for all affected issues.

Direct Access, sometimes also referred to as DirectAccess by Microsoft, is a networking technology that enables remote connectivity. It enables Windows users to access network resources of organizations without using a VPN connection.

Remote clients are always connected to the organization with direct Access. Microsoft recommends the use of Direct Access only on Windows devices that run versions of Windows prior to Windows 10. On Windows 10 and later, Microsoft recommends that organizations use Always on VPN instead.

Now You: do you connect to other devices remotely?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 14, 2022
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Confirms DirectX 11 to Accompany Windows 7

Microsoft's Ben Basaric, product marketing manager for Windows products, confirmed to PC Games Hardware that the next major update to the DirectX API, DirectX 11 would accompany Windows 7, the next major consumer operating system software by Microsoft. This, overwriting his own statement given to the website earlier that he wasn't sure if DirectX 11 would be ready to ship with the OS upon its launch. Furthermore, he also indicated that Windows Vista will have access to the updated API, although not sure at what point in time.

Source: PCGH

btarunr, Nov 14, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2022
  4. Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft

1. Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft - Similar Threads - Direct Access issue

2. Microsoft confirms Narrator issue in Windows 11 version 23H2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Narrator issue in Windows 11 version 23H2: Windows 11 users who install the latest version of the operating system via ISO or media may not be able to start Narrator during installation. Microsoft confirmed the issue today on a support site that it uses to list known issues publicly. Narrator is a key accessibility...
  3. Direct Access and Windows 11 Clients

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Access and Windows 11 Clients: I have a basic direct access setup in place that has been working fine for years with Windows 10 clients. I also have a "manage out" group policy set so that a few computers can provide direct support to those connected via direct access and this has also been working fine....
  4. Direct Access and Windows 11 Clients

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct Access and Windows 11 Clients: I have a basic direct access setup in place that has been working fine for years with Windows 10 clients. I also have a "manage out" group policy set so that a few computers can provide direct support to those connected via direct access and this has also been working fine....
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue: Microsoft confirmed a remote desktop issue that is affecting the company's latest operating system, Windows 11 version 22H2, today. The issue affects devices running the Windows 11 2022 Update, but not devices that run the original release version of the Windows 11 operating...
  6. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 desktop and taskbar issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 desktop and taskbar issue: Microsoft confirmed another issue affecting its Windows 10 operating system. This one may affect the appearance of the desktop or the taskbar on the Windows 10 device. [ATTACH] According to Microsoft, it may happen that either disappears momentarily or that the device may...
  7. Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Printer issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Printer issue: Microsoft confirmed a new Windows 11 issue that is affecting some printers on the operating system. The issue is serious, and Microsoft has applied a safeguard hold on updates to Windows 11 version 22H2 for devices that are potentially affected by the issue. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 11 - Direct Access support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Direct Access support?: Hi there. I have joined a Windows 11 Enterprise computer to my work-domain for testing I work in IT, and it seems like the client will not connect to DirectAccess . I have verified that the policies are in place and some elements are working. For example, I get the...
  9. Windows 11 - Direct Access support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Direct Access support?: Hi there. I have joined a Windows 11 Enterprise computer to my work-domain for testing I work in IT, and it seems like the client will not connect to DirectAccess . I have verified that the policies are in place and some elements are working. For example, I get the...
  10. Microsoft confirms installation issues in Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms installation issues in Windows 10 updates: Microsoft has finally confirmed that the Windows 10’s August cumulative update is failing to install on some PCs with May 2019 Update. The cumulative update in question is KB4512508, which was released on Tuesday with a number of security fixes for core Microsoft services,...