Windows 10: Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network

Discus and support Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to connect 2 private PCs, 1 W10 and 1 W11, on a single WiFi network. Something that should be so simple is proving to be a real PITA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ColinStone, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network

I am trying to connect 2 private PCs, 1 W10 and 1 W11, on a single WiFi network. Something that should be so simple is proving to be a real PITA wasting hours and hunting around.I have been to the Network and Sharing centre on both PCs and enabled File sharing on both plus removing passwords. But I still get a no access message when I try to access a drive from the other machine.

:)

ColinStone, Nov 10, 2021

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Nov 10, 2021
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network :)

FLY3R, Nov 10, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network

1. Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network - Similar Threads - Simple Network

2. simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018

in Windows 10 Gaming
    simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018: Hello, I have been having issues installing any optional app features on Windows, I have freshly installed windows and still having the issue on 22H2 version of Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to install via power shell Tried to repair windows system filesDISM codes The...
  3. simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018: Hello, I have been having issues installing any optional app features on Windows, I have freshly installed windows and still having the issue on 22H2 version of Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to install via power shell Tried to repair windows system filesDISM codes The...
  4. simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows10 - networking 2 pc's...simple, right?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 - networking 2 pc's...simple, right?: I have several PC's here at home and recently converted a couple to Windows10 from Windows7. I know...I should have done this a couple of years ago but I really like W7.Anyway, I need the other PC's to be able to use a shared folder on SERVER. What's the easiest way to do...
  6. Windows10 - networking 2 pc's...simple, right?

Windows10 - networking 2 pc's...simple, right?: I have several PC's here at home and recently converted a couple to Windows10 from Windows7. I know...I should have done this a couple of years ago but I really like W7.Anyway, I need the other PC's to be able to use a shared folder on SERVER. What's the easiest way to do...
  7. Windows10 - networking 2 pc's...simple, right?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...: I purchased two identical refurbished Windows 10 Dell PC's at basically the same time days apart. They are part of a workgroup in my small office that are all connected through a router, large switch and wired. This group of computers has existed for 10 plus years and each...
  9. Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...

Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...: I purchased two identical refurbished Windows 10 Dell PC's at basically the same time days apart. They are part of a workgroup in my small office that are all connected through a router, large switch and wired. This group of computers has existed for 10 plus years and each...
  10. Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing