Windows 10: Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

Discus and support Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking through the forums, I notice that a lot of people have threads pointing out that Windows 10 simply doesn't play 5.1 sound consistently, some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by twocrudedudes, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

Looking through the forums, I notice that a lot of people have threads pointing out that Windows 10 simply doesn't play 5.1 sound consistently, some threads going back to 2016. I'm still having this problem and I see no response whatsoever to this issue.

Why is this not working? Why hasn't this been fixed? I need my speakers to play 5.1 and I haven't found a good reason from Microsoft or the community managers as to why it doesn't. This is extremely frustrating, and honestly, very bad customer service.

This is just one more strike against Win10 in an increasingly longer list of problems that simply didn't exist in previous versions.

Please fix this.

:)

twocrudedudes, Jan 11, 2020

2. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jan 11, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound :p

cadaveca, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

5.1 surround sound

Just upgraded to latest Windows 10. Surround sound is not on audio channel menu. Only "stereo" is listed. Surround sound is also now not working on ONKYO receiver. Windows says I have latest sound driver.

All other help messages talk about realtek. I just have what came with Dell computer.

DwightHarris10, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

1. Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound - Similar Threads - surround sound

2. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  3. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  4. Different Motherboard does not support 5.1 Surround Sound System?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Motherboard does not support 5.1 Surround Sound System?: So I will begin stating my current problem after listing a few things:My previous motherboard was a GIGABYTE H610, that I had for a few years. It got burnt.I replaced said GIGABYTE motherboard with one from Geonix, that I donot know the complete name of.A few clashes occured...
  5. Different Motherboard does not support 5.1 Surround Sound System?

Different Motherboard does not support 5.1 Surround Sound System?: So I will begin stating my current problem after listing a few things:My previous motherboard was a GIGABYTE H610, that I had for a few years. It got burnt.I replaced said GIGABYTE motherboard with one from Geonix, that I donot know the complete name of.A few clashes occured...
  6. Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound on the SUBWOOFER channel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound on the SUBWOOFER channel: Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output.In the Sound settings -> Speakers -> Properties -> Levels -> Balance -> "Sub" I have to set the level to 0 while the other channels L R C LS RS have a max value, i.e. 100 to get rid of distortions on the...
  7. Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output: Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output.In the Sound settings -> Speakers -> Properties -> Levels -> Balance -> "Sub" I have to set the level to 0 while the other channels L R C LS RS have a max value, i.e. 100 to get rid of distortions on the...
  8. Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output: Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output.In the Sound settings -> Speakers -> Properties -> Levels -> Balance -> "Sub" I have to set the level to 0 while the other channels L R C LS RS have a max value, i.e. 100 to get rid of distortions on the...
  9. Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output

10. How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?

How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?: I have a mini PC running Windows 11 with the HDMI connection to a Sony AV receiver to either a TV or projector.PC configuration shows only 2 channels.Tried all the suggsetions out there - latest drivers, etc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 and audio 5.1