Windows 10: Windows 10 and a new SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 and a new SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I tried to transfer all my stuff from my old HDD but couldn't It told me I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertCloughXR, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 and a new SSD

Hello,

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I tried to transfer all my stuff from my old HDD but couldn't

It told me I didn't have permission. I didn't have a security tab in the HDD properties window nor could I install one.

What can I do to rectify this problem?

Thank you

Robert

:)

RobertCloughXR, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 and a new SSD

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 and a new SSD

1. Windows 10 and a new SSD - Similar Threads - SSD

2. How to move OS from HD to SSD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move OS from HD to SSD ?: So i have about a 100 gb ssd. its connected to a different sata than the hard drive windows 10 is installed. How do i get just the OS to run from that ssd ? I want to use the hard drive just for software and different files as storage. Im getting a new ssd i want to use...
  3. Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510: I made a bootable USB for Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft site and installed a new 500GB Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD in a Dell Precision M3510. I put the flash drive in a USB port, and changed the BIOS boot sequence to look first for the USB drive. After powering on the...
  4. SSD Drive Full for unknown reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Drive Full for unknown reason: I have a 240GB SSD C: which I have only installed MS Office to. Yesterday my C: was showing over 12GB of free storage and today it says that the drive is close to full. In that time I have browsed the internet nothing heavy and no downloading and used a few office...
  5. Can you give me any advice on how to Install Windows 10 best on a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my...

Can you give me any advice on how to Install Windows 10 best on a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my...: Hi, I am thinking about installing a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my HP Laptop next week. I would prefer to do a Clean install of my Windows 10 Pro for a fresh start. Questions: Do you have any Tips on how to make it function optimally from day one? And any advice for...
  6. `SSD C:drive 120GB and Local hard drive D: 2TB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    `SSD C:drive 120GB and Local hard drive D: 2TB: MY start up SSD drive keeps filling up and stops everything working due to 'LOW SPACE' How can I make the C drive just for windows start up & updates and everything else automatically go to my D drive. ? I have done everything that Win 10 suggest but cant stop it all jamming...
  7. Windows 10 SSD Installation - Screen flickering and monitor crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 SSD Installation - Screen flickering and monitor crash: Hello! I just built a new PC and have installed Windows 10 to an SSD. Immediately after installation, Windows continues to work as normal, but after a couple minutes, the display crashes - it flickers between black, the blue monitor sleep screen, and a flash of a garbled...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a new SSD

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a new SSD: Hello, I've been running Windows 7 since 2014 on a computer and I didn't want to go to Windows 10 at the time of the free upgrade. I recently saw that the upgrade is still doable. I'm now considering upgrading my PC hardware with a new SSD drive which would have no Windows...
  9. New Laptop - empty m.2 socket - doesn'r recognise SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Laptop - empty m.2 socket - doesn'r recognise SSD: Okay, Don't know if anyone can help with this... Wife has new laptop with a small-ish (256GB) SSD drive. The Motherboard has a spare m.2 socket (or is it mSATA or PCIe??) I have purchased a SATA III M.2 drive which fits the spare socket (Transcend 420S). The PCs BIOS...
  10. New Machine, New HDD with OEM OS, new 250GB SSD

New Machine, New HDD with OEM OS, new 250GB SSD: I have a new Dell in a box with the OEM OS Win 10 home on a HDD. I have a clean, new 250 GB SSD from a previous machine Before I start it up, I would like to install the OS to the 250GB SSD . Would I be better off to start up from the HDD and then migrate to the SSD, or...