Windows 10: Windows 10 and aptX Intel AX200

Discus and support Windows 10 and aptX Intel AX200 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been asked so many times gotta be a FAQ at this point..... According to Microsoft, Windows 10 support aptX out of the box but turns out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by laim, Aug 18, 2020.

1. laim Win User

Windows 10 and aptX Intel AX200

This has been asked so many times gotta be a FAQ at this point.....

According to Microsoft, Windows 10 support aptX out of the box but turns out that's not nearly enough for the actual use of aptX headphones. The bluetooth stack used must also support it. So when is Microsoft going to make this mandatory? I have the Surface Pro 7 and Surface Go 2, both with the Intel AX201 with wifi6 and bluetooth 5.0. And yet, wireless audio quality is a lot worse than Android phones or iphones with AAC, which is seriously turning me off from the Surface devices.......

There used to be a kludge to install the Intel Bluetooth Audio package to have this work with Intel Bluetooth adapters prior to AX200 but installing that with the AX200 will cause audio issues on windows 10.

It is issues like this that let Android/apple devices to move ahead of windows devices........

:)

2. Windows 10 & AptX

I am planning on purchasing a new Windows 10 laptop.

The ones I am interested in come with "Intel Bluetooth 4.2".

Today I have a Windows 7 laptop with an AptX dongle that I use for my AptX headphones and hifi.

Is AptX support built into Windows 10 so I can buy any of these laptops or do I need to call the manufacturers and check for special AptX enabled drivers?

Thanks very much, William

willyhoops, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 & AptX

Of course contacting the manufacturer is not always the solution in questions of drivers. That is the typical fob it off reply of the bad IT support desk. Its that sort of attitude that gets customers stuck in the middle because the hardware manufacturer
    says support always depends on generic Windows components and the OS manufacturer says support always depends on proprietary drivers.

I have hunted aroubd the web and many people are pointing to a Windows 10 bluetooth page which describes the capibaility of Windows 10 Bluetooth and which adds AptX to the list as a new feature compared to Windows 8. However, its not clear to me if this
    Windows 10 upgrade will work with all devices. Over at Intel they say our 4.2 Bluetooth is AptX capable, but support depends on your OEM drivers. Its the usual three way chaos that kills all Windows users and which the Apple crowd are so pleased with themselves
    for avoiding. Namely who is responsible for what is uncertain and nobody except the world expert knows what works with what and why.

willyhoops, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Notlag939 Win User

aptx on W10/ W10mobile

I read Microsoft community, and found the Windows 10 and W10mobile has no doubt to support Bluetooth aptx codec. Bluetooth

I try that success on W10 PC with aptx enabled dongle, sound really good and no delay during video playback.

however, it is a different story on phone.

- sound quality is less rich when comparing the same song same headset on aptx enabled PC and on the phone

- one of aptx feature low latency is not showing when I play video on Lumia 930 and Lumia 1520, ie, sound delay when playing video.

Another point is, aptx should be licensed from CSR to work. even the hardware is embedded. CSR shows device list which obtained aptx license, but I only find Lumia 630 in the website.

it makes me suspect whether aptx is really working on Lumia phone?

Wish someone from Microsoft can help to clarify. Thank you.

Notlag939, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and aptX Intel AX200 - Similar Threads - aptX Intel AX200

2. intel ax210 and ax200 can't do hotspot in 5Gh windows 11/10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel ax210 and ax200 can't do hotspot in 5Gh windows 11/10: hellosome know why in my pc that have intel ax210 can't do 5Gh and why 6Gh isn't posible? windows 11also why in windows 10 with intel ax 200 can't do 5Gh hotspot?How can I decide what kind of security I want my hotspot to have?...
  3. Intel AX200 - 'The selected band 5Ghz is not available' on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel AX200 - 'The selected band 5Ghz is not available' on Windows 11: Can anyone please help with this issue of choosing a 5GHz band on Windows 11? I contacted Intel and they think it is a Windows problem. Please see the full discussion here between Intel and...
  4. aptx

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    aptx: does windows 10 support aptx adaptive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aptx/281502cd-b6ed-4058-a47c-29e444ca2a44
  5. Intel AX200 won't automatically connect at startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel AX200 won't automatically connect at startup: This is probably a broken record - tons of AX200/201 complaints especially since 20H2 came out. Mine is a slight variation on the theme. The network card works, but DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY CONNECT AT STARTUP even though the box is checked in the network settings to do so....
  6. placa intel ax200 problemas de bluetooth

placa intel ax200 problemas de bluetooth: Hola Tengo una laptop Asus X456 U , que tenia una placa wifi Realtek RTL8723BE para actualizar instale una placa Intel AX200 NGW con wifi 6 y bluetooth 5.1. La conexión a internet no tiene ningún problema, incluso se nota la mayor rapidez, pero la conexión de bluetooth , a...
  7. ApTx

ApTx: Hi I have a bluetooh APtx compatible headphone, when connect to my phone it clearly shows ''ApTx powered by Qualcomm'' and I see less lag on videos and movies. On my Windows 10 laptop with Intel 9560 Wireless adapter that supports Aptx I see more lag and no indication of...
  8. Intel AX200 Wifi Card connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel AX200 Wifi Card connectivity issues: I am at the end of my tether. Recently upgraded my ancient PCI wifi Card to a TP Link AX3000E. Since upgrading, I have frequent issues when connected to my Virgin Superhub 3, where I will randomly loose connection (and go to connected, but no internet) until I use the...
  9. Is there a Windows 10 Driver for Bluetooth aptX? aptX HD?

Is there a Windows 10 Driver for Bluetooth aptX? aptX HD?: I have a USB 5.0 enabled laptop running Windows 10 Pro 1909 and want to send high-fidelity sound over USB to a DAC with aptX capability. Can I do this or even better, aptX HD with Windows 10? If so, please explain. -- JCW2...
  10. Intel ac 9560 Bluetooth driver problem (Aptx)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel ac 9560 Bluetooth driver problem (Aptx): So I've been trying to get Aptx and my headset automatically connecting when turned to to simutaniously work but haven't succeeded. When I install the bluetooth drivers from intel or my motherboard manufacturer everything works great and the headset auto connect when I turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ax200 aptx

2. ax200 aptx ll

3. intel ax200 aptx

4. codec aptx intel wifi 6 ax201,
  5. what codec support intel ax201,
  6. aptx windows10 ax200 driver,
  7. bluetooth aptx Intel AX200