Windows 10: Windows 10 and background downloads.

Discus and support Windows 10 and background downloads. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I tried Windows 10 a few weeks ago, just for a day because i wanted to see what it was like. I went back to my windows 7 install as I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zooburner, Aug 13, 2015.

1. zooburner Win User

Windows 10 and background downloads.

Hi there

I tried Windows 10 a few weeks ago, just for a day because i wanted to see what it was like. I went back to my windows 7 install as I think its wise to wait to SP1 on such a new OS before really considering it.

There was one thing that worried me slightly when testing it, it seemed to re-download and install deleted apps, have many failed updates, what worried me right now is that few have reported that a trail version of office is downloading and installing without permission.

If this is true I find it staggering, maybe its just a setting that needs changing I don't know, can anyone clarify if these reports are true or not or am I concerned over nothing. ? If the price of a free upgrade is that Microsoft simply download anything they wish to your computer then it's simply not worth it.

Zoo

:)

zooburner, Aug 13, 2015

2. My Windows 10 download doesn't seem to be making progress.

I reserved my Windows 10 Copy and got a notification saying that it was ready to install in the background. Two days later it still says that Windows 10 is downloading in the background and when I click 'view download progress' nothing happens. Any ideas?

CharlieKingsbury, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Background Downloading In Store In Windows 10 Mobile.

Does Windows 10 Mobile "Store" Support background downloading as like its PC counterpart.

For Example, store on windows 10 pc keep downloading app and games in background even if after closing it.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Dushyant008, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 and background downloads.

1. Windows 10 and background downloads. - Similar Threads - background downloads

2. Windows Update is automatically downloading updates in the background, even if I set my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update is automatically downloading updates in the background, even if I set my...: I have this problem for days now, and don't know how to resolve it. I kept ticking "Metered Connection" on & off and still, caught Windows Update Downloading in the background. - - - - - - - PC SPECS - - - - - - - Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition Version: 1803...
  3. downloading in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading in the background?: Hello. I keep seeing my gigs being used even though I am not doing anything on my computer. I have already done the following: 1. Shut off background apps 2. Turned off automatic download of apps 3. Turned off live tiles 4. Turned off automatic updates for my...
  4. Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes: I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that anymore and would like to be able to select the ones I want or create my own from several themes and/or pictures from those...
  5. Are background 'apps' downloads considered an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are background 'apps' downloads considered an update?: The CBS log displays that a download has taken place in the background referencing the various apps. By coincidence or plan this desktop shut down instantly at the time that apps download action ended. At restart the apps download started again. The log included a record of...
  6. Background download constantly

Background download constantly: Hi, i'm new to this forum so what I want to ask might have been discussed here.. I just upgraded and clean installed my PC to win 10.so after i installed my LAN drivers it started downloading something.I thought it might have been the updates but when I checked the update...
  7. Background Downloading from Internet(?)

Background Downloading from Internet(?): I have a fairly new Dell Precision 3620 Work Station with an i5 processor that has a catastrophic problem trying to use the internet. I can use the internet at my DSL speed of .63 Mbps for about 1 minute after I turn on the computer then the speed drops to .06 Mbps. Not just...
  8. BITS keeps downloading Windows 10 in background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BITS keeps downloading Windows 10 in background: Hello everyone! Yesterday I was able to upgrade for free to Windows 10 from Windows 7. And to be honest I'm don't really like to upgrade, I always want to do a fresh install when I have to change my operating system. And from what I read on some blogs, there are issues...
  9. Edge to get background downloading (mobile)

in Windows 10 News
    Edge to get background downloading (mobile): This could be a handy feature on the mobile version of Edge, would like to see this appear on other apps also When it comes to mobile browsing, there are some who want no limits, including the background downloading of files. Although for many this option is of minimal...
  10. automatic background downloads running?

in Windows 10 Support
    automatic background downloads running?: i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file automatically which i can monitor on NetMeterEvo, and these automatic downloads r taking all of my bandwidth traffic and i...