Windows 10: Windows 10 and background downloads.

Discus and support Windows 10 and background downloads. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I tried Windows 10 a few weeks ago, just for a day because i wanted to see what it was like. I went back to my windows 7 install as I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zooburner, Aug 13, 2015.

1. zooburner Win User

Windows 10 and background downloads.

Hi there

I tried Windows 10 a few weeks ago, just for a day because i wanted to see what it was like. I went back to my windows 7 install as I think its wise to wait to SP1 on such a new OS before really considering it.

There was one thing that worried me slightly when testing it, it seemed to re-download and install deleted apps, have many failed updates, what worried me right now is that few have reported that a trail version of office is downloading and installing without permission.

If this is true I find it staggering, maybe its just a setting that needs changing I don't know, can anyone clarify if these reports are true or not or am I concerned over nothing. ? If the price of a free upgrade is that Microsoft simply download anything they wish to your computer then it's simply not worth it.

Zoo

:)

zooburner, Aug 13, 2015

2. My Windows 10 download doesn't seem to be making progress.

I reserved my Windows 10 Copy and got a notification saying that it was ready to install in the background. Two days later it still says that Windows 10 is downloading in the background and when I click 'view download progress' nothing happens. Any ideas?

CharlieKingsbury, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Background Downloading In Store In Windows 10 Mobile.

Does Windows 10 Mobile "Store" Support background downloading as like its PC counterpart.

For Example, store on windows 10 pc keep downloading app and games in background even if after closing it.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Dushyant008, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 and background downloads.

1. Windows 10 and background downloads. - Similar Threads - background downloads

2. New app and background I didn't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New app and background I didn't download: I logged onto my computer and realized that my background was changed, and I have a new app that is called "learn more about this picture" and it has a camera on it. I am worried about this, I don't know if it is a virus or if it is just an update. Can anybody help me out and...
  3. New app and background I didn't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New app and background I didn't download: I logged onto my computer and realized that my background was changed, and I have a new app that is called "learn more about this picture" and it has a camera on it. I am worried about this, I don't know if it is a virus or if it is just an update. Can anybody help me out and...
  4. PC Keeps crashing, freezing, BSOD while gaming and downloading files in the background -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps crashing, freezing, BSOD while gaming and downloading files in the background -...: First of all, thanks to all the other threads I have found and read on here. What brings me here today is that none of those fixes seem to be working for me.Here is a link to the Minidump files of all my crashes uploaded to onedrive as suggested by countless threads I read...
  5. PC Keeps crashing, freezing, BSOD while gaming and downloading files in the background -...

PC Keeps crashing, freezing, BSOD while gaming and downloading files in the background -...: First of all, thanks to all the other threads I have found and read on here. What brings me here today is that none of those fixes seem to be working for me.Here is a link to the Minidump files of all my crashes uploaded to onedrive as suggested by countless threads I read...
  6. PC Keeps crashing, freezing, BSOD while gaming and downloading files in the background -...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hey, When starting up my pc the background app Internet Download Manager showing on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey, When starting up my pc the background app Internet Download Manager showing on the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArgyleDiamonds [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zhov54/hey_when_starting_up_my_pc_the_background_app/
  8. Downloading games on Xbox app, Svchost.exe program runs in background starts using 75% of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading games on Xbox app, Svchost.exe program runs in background starts using 75% of...: Hi I was using the Xbox app last night to download a pc game to cross platform. The download however was only getting 5 mbps tops. I check my task manager and my router which both confirm the p.c. is using over 50 mbps. Upon digging further I find svchost.exe is running in...
  9. Downloading games on Xbox app, Svchost.exe program runs in background starts using 75% of...

Downloading games on Xbox app, Svchost.exe program runs in background starts using 75% of...: Hi I was using the Xbox app last night to download a pc game to cross platform. The download however was only getting 5 mbps tops. I check my task manager and my router which both confirm the p.c. is using over 50 mbps. Upon digging further I find svchost.exe is running in...
  10. Downloading games on Xbox app, Svchost.exe program runs in background starts using 75% of...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging