Windows 10: Windows 10 and Bluetooth GPS Receivers

Discus and support Windows 10 and Bluetooth GPS Receivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a Garmin GLO Bluetooth GPS receiver after checking that it was Windows and IOS compatible. However after attempting to set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MurrayLowe, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 and Bluetooth GPS Receivers

Hi,

I recently purchased a Garmin GLO Bluetooth GPS receiver after checking that it was Windows and IOS compatible. However after attempting to set up the device with my Surface Pro 4 I was extremely disappointed to discover that the device is compatible with earlier Windows systems, but NOT with Windows 10. I understand this to be a Windows issue, rather than a device issue.

Can I ask if there are any plans to restore Bluetooth GPS capability in future updates to Windows 10?

Thanks,

Judy

:)

MurrayLowe, Nov 27, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Nov 27, 2018
  3. walkamin Win User
    Bluetooth GPS receiver on windows 10

Can I use a bluetooth gps receiver for maps on windows 10? Will the built in location services use the Bluetooth receiver?

walkamin, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 and Bluetooth GPS Receivers

Bluetooth GPS receiver on windows 10

If the Bluetooth GPS receiver have drivers that integrate properly with the Windows 10 location platform it should work however most GPS receivers don't do this today.

Analy [MSFT], Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and Bluetooth GPS Receivers

1. Windows 10 and Bluetooth GPS Receivers - Similar Threads - Bluetooth GPS Receivers

2. External GPS on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External GPS on Windows 10?: I have a Trimble GPS device which connects to Windows using Bluetooth and I would like to use its GPS data in Location Manager so that all apps which use Location Manager end up using this device's GPS data instead of the Windows default. Is there a way to select the device...
  3. Windows 10 GPS Location Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 GPS Location Issue: I moved from my old address in the US over a year and a half ago, yet every time I run location services on an app, or in a browser including Chrome, Edge, or Firefox it populates my Memphis, TN address. I currently live in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I have tried everything,...
  4. GPS . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS . . .: Along4 with7 my text problem. I have a Dell Vostro 3583, laptop. Is, it possible to add GPS? Then, I assume, I could enter a city, anywhere. And watch7 th7e traffic moving4 around . . . Using GPS? If it can't be done? Oh7 well, h7ad to try. Th7anks for reading4 . . ....
  5. Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting

Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting: Why can my bluetooth GPS unit (i.e. Garmin Glo 2.0) pair with my windows 10 tablet but not communicate any location data to it? This is extremely frustrating! This is an option for IOS and Android! Why can't Windows 10 communicate with the bluetooth GPS. I specifically set up...
  6. no gps signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no gps signal: hay m using lumia 540 windows 10 latest version in my lumia when i try to navigate and tap on get directions than its show no gps signal i already try roll back and update it but still same problem i think its a windows or map issue but unfortunately Microsoft stop update for...
  7. gps tracking in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gps tracking in windows 10: I have a windows ten computer. Also have an XP computer. With XP I could/can attach my handheld Garmin Venture HC GPS to it and use the National Geographic TOPO mapping software. I can track myself in real time. With the "upgrade" to a windows 10 computer, I attach the same...
  8. gps tracking in windows 10

gps tracking in windows 10: I have a windows ten computer. Also have an XP computer. With XP I could/can attach my handheld Garmin Venture HC GPS to it and use the National Geographic TOPO mapping software. I can track myself in real time. With the "upgrade" to a windows 10 computer, I attach the same...
  9. Can't connect a Garmin Bluetooth GPS receiver to Windows 10.

Can't connect a Garmin Bluetooth GPS receiver to Windows 10.: I just bought a Garmin GLO, Bluetooth GPS receiver who claim it is compatible with Windows Vista or later. After receiving it I discover, in the tiny print, that it's not compatible with Windows 10. After much research, I have discovered that there is no Bluetooth GPS...
  10. Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013 and GPS-360 receiver compatible with Windows 10 (1807)

Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013 and GPS-360 receiver compatible with Windows 10 (1807): Is there a fix for this? I have read through the Microsoft community forums regarding this issue but no one seems to get it to work with later Windows 10. My work required Street & Trips and I can't go back to previous versions of Windows. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth gps receiver for windows 10

2. bluetooth gps windows 10

3. windows 10 bluetooth gps receiver

4. windows 10 bluetooth gps