Windows 10: windows 10 and disabling history deletion

Discus and support windows 10 and disabling history deletion in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; trying to figure out how to stop the children from deleting web history have typed in gpedit.msc and comes back with cant find it make sure that I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mrfreeze1, May 7, 2019.

1. mrfreeze1 Win User

windows 10 and disabling history deletion

trying to figure out how to stop the children from deleting web history have typed in gpedit.msc and comes back with cant find it make sure that I've typed it in correctly I have looked in the windows file and its not there either any help?

:)

mrfreeze1, May 7, 2019

2. Delete History

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, provided us few more details on the below questions.

1. Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge in Windows 10?

2. Are you referring items in the Address Bar drop-down list?

3. When trying to delete the History, did you uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data"?

Please follow the below steps on How to delete the browsing history in Internet Explorer 11.

• In Internet Explorer, press CTRL+ SHIFT + DEL keys together on your keyboard to display the
      Delete Browsing History dialog
    • Check the box next to History.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 7, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 7, 2019
  4. Mack_65 Win User

deleting browsing history

When I attempt to delete search history in Windows 10 I receive the message "All history could not be deleted-try again" Any suggestions on how to actually delete ALL the history?

Mack_65, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 and disabling history deletion - Similar Threads - disabling history deletion

2. How to disable the deleting of history in chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the deleting of history in chrome?: google chrome deleted my history gradually every days automatic how to disable it?please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-deleting-of-history-in-chrome/35115f84-a914-4b77-8deb-8455bcad2d21
  3. How to disable the deleting of history in chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the deleting of history in chrome?: google chrome deleted my history gradually every days automatic how to disable it?please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-deleting-of-history-in-chrome/35115f84-a914-4b77-8deb-8455bcad2d21
  4. Not delete history in Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not delete history in Windows Defender: Hi, I haven't been able to clear some elements of the Defender history for a while. I try all sorts of ways, but part of the story rubs, another doesn't want to.Everything is erased from the story, but here are the ones I can't delete, which says:Protected memory access...
  5. Windows 10 History Folder Auto Deleted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 History Folder Auto Deleted.: Hello, I was messing around trying to find the startup folder, and I went into appdata\local, and found a history folder under microsoft, I clicked on it out of curiosity and then my file explorer automatically closed. I went back to the file and it was not there! Is this...
  6. How to delete browsing history in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete browsing history in Windows 10?: How do I delete browsing history on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-browsing-history-in-windows-10/f32d9261-b11e-4cbe-a703-3c1c32ff7678"
  7. Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you...
  8. Enable or Disable PIN History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable PIN History in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable PIN History in Windows 10 [img] Information PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services. One important difference between a password and a Hello PIN is that the PIN is tied to the...
  9. Delete Account Picture History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Account Picture History in Windows 10: How to: Delete Account Picture History in Windows 10 How to Delete Recent Account Picture History in Windows 10 You can choose an account picture in Windows 10 to be associated with your user account (local and Microsoft) that you will see whenever you sign in to your...
  10. Enable or Disable File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable File History in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable File History in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically back up versions of your files on a schedule to a location you select...