Windows 10: Windows 10 and Distributed Link Tracking

Discus and support Windows 10 and Distributed Link Tracking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under Win 7 I am almost certain that the DLT service DID NOT repair LNK files if the target was on a removable drive! But under Win 10 it appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjd, Dec 7, 2015.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

Windows 10 and Distributed Link Tracking

Under Win 7 I am almost certain that the DLT service DID NOT repair LNK files if the target was on a removable drive!

But under Win 10 it appears that the DLT service DOES repair LNK files if the target is on a removable drive!

Is anyone aware if and where this is documented - it may have changed in Win 8 which I skipped. Couldn't see anything obvious in a Google or Bing search

Or am I imagining things again ? *Party

:)

2. Windows 10 and Distributed Link Tracking

Thanks Deepika - Done, for anyone following see ==>>
    Technet - Windows 10 and Distributed Link Tracking

I'm so out of touch with MS - I thought Technet was dead, or maybe that was MSDN - the other day I actually went into a MS Shop to get something sorted with Hotmail, they were very helpful - but...

RP

RightPaddock, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 and Distributed Link Tracking

Under Win 7 I am almost certain that the DLT service DID NOT repair LNK files if the target was on a removable drive!

But under Win 10 it appears that the DLT service DOES repair LNK files if the target is on a removable drive!

Is anyone aware if and where this is documented - it may have changed in Win 8 which I skipped. Couldn't see anything obvious in a Google or Bing search

BTW - this is not a complaint, just want to know what's going on - I'm leaning on this as support for my assertion re DLT behaviour under Win 7 ==>>

Distributed Link Tracking and Object Identifiers

Am I misremembering or imagining things ?

Its so hard to get accurate info on issues that have no glitz . bling, baubles, or glamorous eye candy. Sometimes I think MS only caters to large corporates and know nothing journalists.

RightPaddock, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 and Distributed Link Tracking

1. Windows 10 and Distributed Link Tracking - Similar Threads - Distributed Link Tracking

2. Distribution Groups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distribution Groups: Hi,Got Exchange 365,and distribution groups that are: On-premises & in cloudHow to clean distribution groups both type from deleted accounts, and disabled users?Thanks, Gil....
  3. Distributing unlicensed windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Distributing unlicensed windows: Hello. The software solution I am developing needs to be distributed together with the operating system as it's meant for computers that do not usually have any sort of peripherals. The idea is that we would distribute a wim file that has windows 10 + our software. The...
  4. creating distribution lists in Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    creating distribution lists in Windows 10 Mail: I was searching for help with creating email distribution lists in Windows 10 Mail, and what I was pointed to was a thread that was started in 2015 or 2016 --- I can't believe you haven't fixed this yet! Do you have a solution yet?...
  5. Expand distribution lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand distribution lists in Windows 10: In my previous version of Windows, if I needed to delete a name or two from a distribution list I could hit the little + sign and it would expand the list allowing me to selectively delete names. In Windows 10, the little + sign is gone - how do I do this without having to...
  6. gps tracking in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gps tracking in windows 10: I have a windows ten computer. Also have an XP computer. With XP I could/can attach my handheld Garmin Venture HC GPS to it and use the National Geographic TOPO mapping software. I can track myself in real time. With the "upgrade" to a windows 10 computer, I attach the same...
  7. gps tracking in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gps tracking in windows 10: I have a windows ten computer. Also have an XP computer. With XP I could/can attach my handheld Garmin Venture HC GPS to it and use the National Geographic TOPO mapping software. I can track myself in real time. With the "upgrade" to a windows 10 computer, I attach the same...
  8. Track pad on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Track pad on windows 10: I have just got a new laptop with windows 10. I was adjusting my settings and by mistake i turned off the trackpad and can no longer move the cursor! how do i turn the trackpad back on without the trackpad working?...
  9. Distributed processing in Windows 10? Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Distributed processing in Windows 10? Is it possible?: Hello! Most of us have at least 2 computers connected at the home network. Is it possible to make them cooperate for resource-demanding tasks such as HD video editing? If I get the term right, I think this is called Distributed Processing. So is there any software or...
  10. Do I need "Distributed Link Tracking Client"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need "Distributed Link Tracking Client"?: Read up on it, cant quite make it out if it's to my disadvantage (and how) in every day Computer life if I have it disabled. I had to disable it because it was the reason I could not safely eject external drives (in this case SATA drives connected to the USB 3 port) in...