Windows 10: Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I have a HP EliteBook 840 and a HP 2013 Ultra Slim Docking station. Problem is when i un-dock my laptop the screen stays black, its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thikra77, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Thikra77 Win User

Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings

Hello there,

I have a HP EliteBook 840 and a HP 2013 Ultra Slim Docking station. Problem is when i un-dock my laptop the screen stays black, its working in the background but the screen is just black. Can you help please?

Thanks

:)

Thikra77, Jul 15, 2019

2. External display with laptop and docking station

Hi Ray,

It is possible that there's no main display that was set to your Windows 10 devices, when you connect your laptop to the dock station. This could be one of the possible reasons that whenever you disconnect your laptop, it reverts to either of the two displays.
    To get this corrected, let's try to set a display as your main display. Here are the steps:

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop.
    • Click on Display settings.
    • On the right side of Display, click on the display number at the top that you want to make the main display, and check the
      Make this my main display box under Multiple displays.
    • Then, you can close Settings.

Additionally, there's an easier way to extend your monitor display so that you wouldn't need to go to the display settings every time you want to have an external display. To do that, simply press
    Windows key + P on your primary computer to see the options.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 15, 2019
  3. display problem with docking station

Hi Syed,

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't help.

Have the latest driver and have also tried the comparability mode installation.

Have also followed all steps as given on http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/525125-displaylink-and-windows-10

Extended display through dock still does not work. Windows 10 does not detect the display device when connected via dock.

The same monitor was working perfectly fine with windows 7.

ShirishHPatil, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings

Microsoft Display Dock as "USB Hub"

Hello guys

I've a Microsoft Display Dock but no need to use it with my Lumia 950 - BUT: I'm searching for an USB Type C or Thunderbolt 3 Dock anyway. So hey, I could use my Microsoft Display Dock for that!

But when I plug it in, I get the message "Try improving the USB connection / DisplayPort connection might not work. Try using a different cable"

Some Facts in advance:

• Laptop is a Dell Precision 5510 with USB Type C / Thunderbolt 3
    • Windows 10 Enterprise is installed
    • I use the original cables
    • USB Ports of the Display Dock work fine
    • DisplayPort and HDMI do not work (as the error message says)

Any idea how to get it to work? Is it possible to "daisy chain" the dock?

Thanks a lot,

Manuel

Manuel Bauer, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings

1. Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings - Similar Threads - Docking Display Settings

2. Fujitsu Pro9 Display docking - settings not remembered by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fujitsu Pro9 Display docking - settings not remembered by Windows 10: We have 200 Windows 10 HP Elitebook 850 G8 connected by usb-c with 200 Fujitsu Pro9 Display dockingstations. Each dockingstation has 2 monitors connected. All available patches & firmware are applied. A new user must configure Windows 10 for using the monitors in our...
  3. Fujitsu Pro9 Display docking - settings not remembered by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fujitsu Pro9 Display docking - settings not remembered by Windows 10: We have 200 Windows 10 HP Elitebook 850 G8 connected by usb-c with 200 Fujitsu Pro9 Display dockingstations. Each dockingstation has 2 monitors connected. All available patches & firmware are applied. A new user must configure Windows 10 for using the monitors in our...
  4. Fujitsu Pro9 Display docking - settings not remembered by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays not working with a docking station: I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?...
  6. Docking computer changes monitor display

Docking computer changes monitor display: Currently having the following issue on multiple Windows 10 devices in my organization for the past few months. I mainly see this on Surface Pro/Book models, but have also seen this on some Dell laptops. Please note that all devices are running on Windows 10 version 1909, and...
  7. docking station for extended display is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    docking station for extended display is not working.: I went to Display but there's no option for me to choose to extend display. I even did Win+P but monitor won't extend. PLease help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-for-extended-display-is-not/102d1335-019e-4b1c-94c9-e1c4de47f73c
  8. elitebook display shifts after docking

elitebook display shifts after docking: New Elitebook 830 OS display shifts right after docking and remains when removed from docking station https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elitebook-display-shifts-after-docking/b84aa8dc-f164-4709-932a-2d178645af4d
  9. Display Settings on Docking Stations

Display Settings on Docking Stations: Hi all, My organisation has recently used to Windows 10 and our estate is largely made up of Surface pro 4's, 6's and surface laptop 2's. we use these with the surface docking station with mini display ports to connect to 2 monitors. i have set most of the display...
  10. Windows 10 Display Setting

Windows 10 Display Setting: I am running windows 10 on Parallels Desktop. I have tried to alter the display settings in an effort to make texts and icons on applications appear larger; however, whenever I changed the setting and logged in again, the change would be reverted back to its original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 docking settings

2. screen sarng from docking station settings windows 10