Windows 10: Windows 10 and Drag and Drop

Discus and support Windows 10 and Drag and Drop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, When does drag & drop in Windows 10 (between two folders) copy the file and when does move it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PI_Daniel, Aug 11, 2019.

1. PI_Daniel Win User

Windows 10 and Drag and Drop

Hello,

When does drag & drop in Windows 10 (between two folders) copy the file and when does move it?

Windows 10 and Drag and Drop ce5f617a-5597-48c7-8285-4bf1c727dc93?upload=true.png

Windows 10 and Drag and Drop bc7eed67-7e30-47e3-8d55-3d7ba7f9a095?upload=true.png

:)

PI_Daniel, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Win User
  3. Unable to drag and drop on Windows 10.

Original Title: Drag and drop at windows 10

i just want to ask you microsoft, why we cant drag and drop???

thats so stuped step to disable the option.

i use adobe photoshop, and with our this option, i cant working!

any answer??? why????

AvrahamSabach, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 and Drag and Drop

Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 and Drag and Drop

1. Windows 10 and Drag and Drop - Similar Threads - Drag Drop

2. Windows 10 drag and drop not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 drag and drop not functioning: Windows 10m drag and drop not functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-drag-and-drop-not-functioning/fda8bfb6-6b8e-4e3c-97f1-a2fd0b587a80
  3. Latest Windows 10 update is not allowing drag and drop from applications to computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows 10 update is not allowing drag and drop from applications to computer: I have been using HP Orbit which is a file sharing application from HP which allows you to transfer pictures from phone to computer. Then (before latest update) I was able to drag and drop those pictures to the computer (specifically Ebay for product listings). A week ago,...
  4. Win 10 (1903) Can't drag and drop to a shortcut for a network drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 (1903) Can't drag and drop to a shortcut for a network drive.: The company I work for is running Windows 10 1903 Enterprise. We've been working on upgrading from Windows 7. We use a lot of network drives. We discourage mapping and instead have our users create a shortcut for the network drive on their desktop. In the past (Win7),...
  5. Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update: Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update On my main computer's desktop, I have an icon for a shared drive (which is located on computer 2). For years, I have been able to drag any file onto the shared drive's shortcut on the and it would copy from...
  6. Drag and Drop content from Sticky note into program in Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop content from Sticky note into program in Chrome: Hi, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 for work. Previously, I used Windows 7 (I think) and when I used the sticky note, I could highlight and then drag by holding down on the left button on the mouse and then placing the selected content into a program in Chrome from...
  7. Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update: On my main computer's desktop, I have an icon for a shared drive (which is located on computer 2). For years, I have been able to drag any file onto the shared drive's shortcut on the and it would copy from computer 1 to computer 2. After the 1903 update, I get the red...
  8. Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019

Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019: Hi, On my Windows 10 machine under File Explorer I can no longer drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file. Usually I can just drag a file and over a zip file just drop it, but it wont even highlight the zip file. Any ideas why? Ian Johnston...
  9. Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size)

Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size): So I went to drag and drop a file today and noticed the transparent icon was much bigger than I remembered it. I haven't changed any settings recently so I did some searching and found no answers online. The only thing I found were people saying this large icon was normal. I...
  10. Drag-and-drop turns off in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcut I'm using by accident?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag-and-drop turns off in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcut I'm using by accident?: I'll be going merrily along in Windows 10, probably using Windows Explorer (or whatever they call it now), and suddenly drag-and-drop no longer works. Doesn't work in MS Word either. Oh look, doesn't work anywhere. The only solution is to reboot, then it works again having...