Windows 10: Windows 10 and Firewire

Discus and support Windows 10 and Firewire in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got an old Canon Elura 100 camcorder. To connect it to a computer I must use an IEEE1394 Firewire I/O port. I installed a PCIE Firewire card and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KurtTate1, Jun 5, 2021.

1. KurtTate1 Win User

Windows 10 and Firewire

I've got an old Canon Elura 100 camcorder. To connect it to a computer I must use an IEEE1394 Firewire I/O port. I installed a PCIE Firewire card and updated the driver. Connecting the camcorder to the PC, I can see the Elura 100 in the Devices section of the Settings window, but it does not show up in the This PC window and my editing software Premier Elements doesn't see it either.

:)

KurtTate1, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 64bit won't recognize my camcorder via firewire.

Hi Zane,

For us to isolate the concern, kindly answer the following:

• Does you Sharp DV Mini Camcorder works on other computer?
    • Have you tried using a different Firewire cable?
    • Do you still have any other devices or other Camcorder that can be connected using the Firewire? If so, have you tried connecting them using your Windows 10 computer to check if they will work?
    • Have you followed the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar? If so, kindly provide us the result.
    • What is happening when you're connecting your Sharp DV Mini Camcorder using Firewire? Are you receiving any error messages
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 and Firewire

Movimaker and Firewire problem

Hi.

I have tryed that and a number of other options.

Now I have given up and returned the PCIe FireWire 1394a Card (F-261) to the retailer.

Do you have any suggestion on other Firewire I/F card that you know works for Windows 10 ?

Regards / Ingemar

IngemarSohlman, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 and Firewire

1. Windows 10 and Firewire - Similar Threads - Firewire

2. how do I install firewire drivers on Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I install firewire drivers on Windows 11 Pro: i have an old Sony DCR-TRV25E and I want to transfer some footage onto my Windows 11 Pro computer so far, I cannot get the computer top recognise the camcorder, my guess is this is due to not having firewire drivers on my computer I have tried a USB connection but this did...
  3. how do I install firewire drivers on Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I install firewire drivers on Windows 11 Pro: i have an old Sony DCR-TRV25E and I want to transfer some footage onto my Windows 11 Pro computer so far, I cannot get the computer top recognise the camcorder, my guess is this is due to not having firewire drivers on my computer I have tried a USB connection but this did...
  4. Portátil HP Omen / Windows 11 / Firewire

Portátil HP Omen / Windows 11 / Firewire: Hola, tengo un portátil HP Omen 16,1 pulgadas y la última versión de Windows 11.He estado en contacto con el soporte de HP para intentar configurar un dongle de Apple Thunderbolt 2/Firewire 800 y no han podido ayudarme.Como parece ser que el portátil no viene con los...
  5. Portátil HP Omen / Windows 11 / Firewire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portátil HP Omen / Windows 11 / Firewire: Hola, tengo un portátil HP Omen 16,1 pulgadas y la última versión de Windows 11.He estado en contacto con el soporte de HP para intentar configurar un dongle de Apple Thunderbolt 2/Firewire 800 y no han podido ayudarme.Como parece ser que el portátil no viene con los...
  6. No preview window on Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. I've tried USB, Firewire, &...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No preview window on Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. I've tried USB, Firewire, &...: No preview window on Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. I've tried USB, Firewire, & reinstalled software but still no preview window. Anyone else have this? Windows Ver. 22H2 OS Build 19045.3155....
  7. No preview window on Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. I've tried USB, Firewire, &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No preview window on Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. I've tried USB, Firewire, &...: No preview window on Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. I've tried USB, Firewire, & reinstalled software but still no preview window. Anyone else have this? Windows Ver. 22H2 OS Build 19045.3155....
  8. No preview window on Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. I've tried USB, Firewire, &...

9. Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...: Windows 10 laptop/64 bit does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0 cable. Error message - USB device malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize itAny suggestions? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...: Windows 10 laptop/64 bit does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0 cable. Error message - USB device malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize itAny suggestions? Thanks....