Windows 10: Windows 10 and free Excel editing not working

Discus and support Windows 10 and free Excel editing not working in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi I've bought an 8" tablet with Windows 10 because I read an article saying Excel mobile allows free editing if the tablet size is smaller than 10.1".... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ma701ss, Jan 27, 2017.

1. ma701ss Win User

Windows 10 and free Excel editing not working

Hi I've bought an 8" tablet with Windows 10 because I read an article saying Excel mobile allows free editing if the tablet size is smaller than 10.1". However when I try to create a new document it says I have to buy an Office365 subscription. Am I doing something wrong?

:)

ma701ss, Jan 27, 2017

2. Excel for Windows 10

Is there a free edition of Excel for Windows 10? Please reply soon.

nikolaossampanis, Jan 27, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Microsoft Photo Editor from Office 97 on Windows 10

Office 97 and its components are not supported on Windows 10.

You understand that between 1997 and 2016 the Windows code has changed enormously? You cannot expect software from 19 years ago to work properly - or at all - on Windows 10.

My personal favorite for image editing is an application called
    Paint.net
    . It's supported on Windows 10 and it's free. But there are many other excellent image editing products - free and paid. Your big problem is going to be deciding which one to choose.

BulldogXX, Jan 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Can you provide that article or a link to it? Editing is not the same as creating so there may be nothing wrong, just doesn't work as desired. Over a year ago my 8" tablet came with a 1-year subscription to Office 365 but I preferred the free LibreOffice rather than renewing a subscription-based program.

Berton, Jan 27, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - this is a longstanding issue. Although website says it applies to Windows, it does not work in many cases. Apparently vendor of tablet has to ensure Windows identifies tablet as a small form device (I always though this was BS personally).

I have had same issue on 2 tablets and never resolved it - in simple terms it just does not work.

cereberus, Jan 27, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    There are free Viewers for Microsoft Office products but they don't allow editing.

Berton, Jan 27, 2017
  7. mrgeek Win User
    ma701ss; However when I try to create a new document it says I have to buy an Office365 subscription. Am I doing something wrong?

There is a free Office suite you can use and save work to OneDrive, if you have it enabled. Go here and try a test doc - Access Denied

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and free Excel editing not working - Similar Threads - free Excel editing

2. free excell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free excell: i do not use my pc a lot but on my old pc i had office 13 this new pc keeps asking to sign in to 365 but i only need small parts now and again like excell how to get and not 365...
  3. free excell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free excell: i do not use my pc a lot but on my old pc i had office 13 this new pc keeps asking to sign in to 365 but i only need small parts now and again like excell how to get and not 365...
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free: I redeemed mine years ago and played the minecraft windows 10 edition. Then when they restarted the free code I suddenly lost mine. I know I redeemed it I literally flew in a creative world on it. How do I get it back?...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 edition free versionfrom java not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 edition free versionfrom java not working: Hello, A few years ago, around 2016, I purchased minecraft JAVA edition. I loved the game, and around July 2019, I realized I could get a bonus windows 10 edition free! I did it, and sure enough it worked. Well, for a year. I logged on earlier today, and to my surprise, I...
  6. Windows 10 edition for free if bought pocket edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 edition for free if bought pocket edition: Can I get Minecraft windows 10 edition for free if I have bought pocket edition on mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-edition-for-free-if-bought-pocket/fbffcf70-c037-42ca-b2ce-8d1bb3d991dd
  7. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free: Back in 2014, I had gotten Minecraft: Java Edition. A few days ago, I learned I could get Windows 10 Edition for free but when I checked, there was no code. I learned a couple minutes ago the code expired back in April. As this was not advertised to me at all, is there a way...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free Copy Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free Copy Not Working: I was trying to claim my free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, and when I was redirected to the Microsoft page where it usually autofills in the code, it didn't fill in the code at all. I have tried this many times and it still isn't working....
  9. Free minecraft 10 edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free minecraft 10 edition: Hi i'm told that i can get a free minecraft 10 edition if i bought the java edition before February 2018, i got java edition since June, 2014 BUT it leads me to the non free edition reedem, why is that?...
  10. Free Minecraft Windows 10 code with Java edition not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Minecraft Windows 10 code with Java edition not working: So I am aware that a while ago, there was an issue with the redeem box being grayed out. I have also heard that they fixed that, but I bought the game in 2017 and the box is still to this day, grayed out and if I click it, it just says, "Error! It looks like we've temporarily...