Windows 10: Windows 10 and free Excel editing not working

Discus and support Windows 10 and free Excel editing not working in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi I've bought an 8" tablet with Windows 10 because I read an article saying Excel mobile allows free editing if the tablet size is smaller than 10.1".... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ma701ss, Jan 27, 2017.

1. ma701ss Win User

Windows 10 and free Excel editing not working

Hi I've bought an 8" tablet with Windows 10 because I read an article saying Excel mobile allows free editing if the tablet size is smaller than 10.1". However when I try to create a new document it says I have to buy an Office365 subscription. Am I doing something wrong?

:)

ma701ss, Jan 27, 2017

2. Excel for Windows 10

Is there a free edition of Excel for Windows 10? Please reply soon.

nikolaossampanis, Jan 27, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Microsoft Photo Editor from Office 97 on Windows 10

Office 97 and its components are not supported on Windows 10.

You understand that between 1997 and 2016 the Windows code has changed enormously? You cannot expect software from 19 years ago to work properly - or at all - on Windows 10.

My personal favorite for image editing is an application called
    Paint.net
    . It's supported on Windows 10 and it's free. But there are many other excellent image editing products - free and paid. Your big problem is going to be deciding which one to choose.

BulldogXX, Jan 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Can you provide that article or a link to it? Editing is not the same as creating so there may be nothing wrong, just doesn't work as desired. Over a year ago my 8" tablet came with a 1-year subscription to Office 365 but I preferred the free LibreOffice rather than renewing a subscription-based program.

Berton, Jan 27, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - this is a longstanding issue. Although website says it applies to Windows, it does not work in many cases. Apparently vendor of tablet has to ensure Windows identifies tablet as a small form device (I always though this was BS personally).

I have had same issue on 2 tablets and never resolved it - in simple terms it just does not work.

cereberus, Jan 27, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    There are free Viewers for Microsoft Office products but they don't allow editing.

Berton, Jan 27, 2017
  7. mrgeek Win User
    ma701ss; However when I try to create a new document it says I have to buy an Office365 subscription. Am I doing something wrong?

There is a free Office suite you can use and save work to OneDrive, if you have it enabled. Go here and try a test doc - Access Denied

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and free Excel editing not working - Similar Threads - free Excel editing

2. Can't install my free Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install my free Minecraft Windows 10 edition: Okay so I saw a similar question and tried everything its replies said, and nothing is working. When I do hit "install on my devices," it says it's trying to install. Also, there's some small line (on that same window where it says it's trying to install), kinda like a typing...
  3. Problems with activating Malwarebytes Free Edition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with activating Malwarebytes Free Edition: I suspect my laptop has been infected,- I have received e-mails with threats, informing of an infection with CVE-2019-1663. Therefore I decided to install Malwarebytes Free Edition. The process of installation went OK till the "Finnish". However, when i was trying to start...
  4. Excel does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Excel does not work: An error message "Excel stopped working" appears on my screen and the program unexpectedly closes. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-does-not-work/564bb44e-3394-4b27-bdc5-80bb60f194e8"
  5. Excel does not work

Excel does not work: An error message "Excel stopped working" appears on my screen and the program unexpectedly closes. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-does-not-work/9c1a9dc4-a15e-42c2-84be-64387fe71c4d"
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Not Working

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Not Working: So I recently found that I had a code to redeem Minecraft Windows 10 edition for free. So I followed the links and proceeded smoothly up until I got to the point where I was about to play the game. According to Minecraft, I do not have the full version even though I put the...
  7. Free photo editing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free photo editing software: I see a download that mimics the old PICASA: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows. Is this legit? Is it malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-photo-editing-software/c50baf82-b489-4945-a6a1-0dbc9d795db2
  8. bitdefender free edition

bitdefender free edition: to my surprise, it installed on windows 10. can I assume it does what it is supposed to? edit: I posted this question on the bitdefender forum. I saw that the latest build of free edition was announced with the hope that it would support windows 10. My immediate reaction...
  9. AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation

AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation: I've been using AVG Free Edition for a few years but the latest version gives me probs installing and when it is installed the GUI is different and stupid. My last installed version included Zen/Anti-virus but after uninstalling (wasn't an easy task) I can't even find a...
  10. Free Music Editing Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Music Editing Software: I'm looking for software that can edit music files i.e. fade in/out, snipping, etc. Any suggestions? Cheers! 1407