Windows 10: Windows 10 and future CPUs

Discus and support Windows 10 and future CPUs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well,., you have the facts as I understand them.. Make your own decisions accordingly.. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chaosrealm93, Feb 16, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 and future CPUs

Well,., you have the facts as I understand them..
    Make your own decisions accordingly..

BunnyJ, Feb 17, 2016

2. It's going to be hard to reason with someone who refers to Windows 10 as spyware. It isn't and most of us are using it and enjoying a great OS.

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2016
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    True.. just pointing things out as I see them,, no more and no less. If someone really thinks that Linux is a good OS for gaming they need to do some more homework. It's not. *Wink

But heck.. he can knock himself out trying *Cool

BunnyJ, Feb 17, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

With all due respect, why are you posting and seeking advice on a Windows 10 forum?

f14tomcat, Feb 17, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Troll?? Not saying but..
    Windows 10 and future CPUs [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Hmmm _ I wouldn't say so. See, the other day I posted it a question on the Vista forum regarding Windows Calendar. Now I run the application on Windows 8, but the application is native to Vista, so I posted it there instead.

Likewise, the perceived forthcoming CPU limitations of Skylake and what not have a lot to do with the future of Windows 10, even though it affects the future use of the OPs chosen OS. So he posts the question here. You're original answer seemed to sum up what he was asking, but I don't that makes his behaviour troll-like, does it?

Jody Thornton, Feb 17, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    You could be right.. but he's worrying a bit early concerning something none of us know what really will be happening in 5 years time.,

Who really knows what processors will be available and if all of them in 5 years will only work with 10. I suspect that the mfg. will still have some available for previous OS's or for more affordable PC's that will run on other OS's than 10.

For my 2c.. it's simply the time to keep ones powder dry and wait to see what really happens.

BunnyJ, Feb 17, 2016
  8. Windows 10 and future CPUs

Also what is forgotten is that if Skylake/Win10-Only takes hold, there will also be other competing OSs that can run on Skylake. But who knows what Windows 10 will even be like in five or so years. Heck, I might even like it. Vista, 8, XP and 2000: I hated all of them at one time or another. You tend to come around to things in time.
    *Smile

Jody Thornton, Feb 17, 2016
  9. well because you guys on the win 10 forums would know most about the OS (presumably) and could offer insight and advice as to how bad/deep/entrenched the data logging and mining is

obviously linux/mac os isn't known for gaming, but that's wasn't what i started the topic with

pls dont let win 10 be your identity, discussing it and its issues shouldnt be held as an attack unto your person

chaosrealm93, Feb 17, 2016
  10. There aren't any issues to worry about, especially once you get comfortable, remove the tinfoil hat, and go on enjoying your computer for the intended uses you have for it.

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree.. this is speculating on what will happen 5 years from now. Right now I just want to use my PC do get things done and have fun.

BunnyJ, Feb 17, 2016
  12. dhuhtala Win User
    I'd be extremely surprised to see how Microsoft could possibly restrict older Windows versions running on newer CPUs. Generally, there are no compatibility issues amongst processors and operating systems - they're all x64 nowadays and I don't see that changing any time soon. There are sometimes issues with chipset drivers but there isn't really a CPU driver per se. There's usually a way to make it work. I wouldn't be concerned about it. Eventually, yes, Windows 7 will be a security risk and there won't be a way to plug all the holes. At work, it's absolutely forbidden to run Windows XP on our network - it's too susceptible to malware. Eventually, you'd find applications don't work with Windows 7, drivers would be very difficult to find, compatibility would be the biggest issue, not the CPU.

dhuhtala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and future CPUs - Similar Threads - future CPUs

2. How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?: How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-correct-file-created-dates-in-the-future/efa53ec8-0868-4e01-a3c2-de16027d6e51
  3. How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?: How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-correct-file-created-dates-in-the-future/efa53ec8-0868-4e01-a3c2-de16027d6e51
  4. How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  6. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  7. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

8. can someone help me with this dism log i tried to install media future pack but there wa an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me with this dism log i tried to install media future pack but there wa an...: 2024-04-22 06:36:36, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: "C:\Windows\system32\Dism.exe" /online /add-capability /CapabilityName:Media.MediaFeaturePack~~~~0.0.1.0 2024-04-22 06:36:36, Info DISM DISM Manager: PID=18528 TID=18716 physical location path: C:\ -...
  9. can someone help me with this dism log i tried to install media future pack but there wa an...

can someone help me with this dism log i tried to install media future pack but there wa an...: 2024-04-22 06:36:36, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: "C:\Windows\system32\Dism.exe" /online /add-capability /CapabilityName:Media.MediaFeaturePack~~~~0.0.1.0 2024-04-22 06:36:36, Info DISM DISM Manager: PID=18528 TID=18716 physical location path: C:\ -...
  10. Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs: Intel has a long history of leading the industry in I/O innovation. In the late 1990s, Intel developed USB, which made it easier and faster to connect external devices to computers, consolidating a multitude of existing connectors. Intel continues its I/O innovation...