Windows 10: Windows 10 and Gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 and Gaming in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last week’s launch of Windows 10 was a huge moment for Microsoft, Xbox, our fans and all of our partners. It’s been humbling to see the incredible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 and Gaming

Source: Windows 10 and Gaming | Blogging Windows

:)

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Miss Tila Win User

Gaming and Windows 10

Hello there is a bit of an issue here, 1: The Advertisement of Gaming on Windows 10 is a Fallacy. 2: Gaming in Windows 10 with Dual Displays and nVidia display cards also causes a BSOD. 3: Direct 3D and 3D Vision is no longer supported and those of us that
    use it are now being told we can't. 4: Windows 10 is not designed for Gamers but for Developing things that are not for gamers. Do not feed the lie that Windows 10 is for gamers. It is not and unless Direct X 12 can actually really be there and not forgotten
    to be installed and the hooks to any driver from any manufacturer be there, and to day they are not.

Remember Windows 10 is FREE for the first year and well you the community are the beta testers and so far to date all the requests for fixes in Windows 10 have not been addressed. No class action suit can be filed, can any one say Obama care. Just like it
    it lies, and really has no place in the Gamer Community. Like Obama Care that really has no actual dealings with healthcare, but the Insurance you can Buy or use to use said health care. Well Windows 10 is a cover to see if you are really doing anything. Really
    Microsoft get it together and Make a Gaming Version for all us Gamers and include full security and anonimity (sp) for us as Gamers we don't want spy ware adware on our systems it breaks gaming and that's what Windows 10 has done. Given us Spyware and Adware
    in the form of Shareware Free ware programs with an opportuinty to BUY into it. Component Ware is what Windows 10 is, if you need to use something to make it work you have to BUY that part, leaving out Aero and the Direct 3D and Hardware accelleration and
    forgoing to a lesser less stable OS that cannot compare to even Linux and its gaming ability. Get it together and Fix it.

Miss Tila, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Window 10 pro problems

Where is the control panel gone in Windows 10?

Will and Windows 10, Aug 5, 2015
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Windows 10 and Gaming

What I'd like to know is how is Microsoft supporting gaming on Windows without the X-Box factor? IOW are they supporting developers who wish to make PC exclusive games only? This I don't see as it would take away from their precious X-Box sales.

Wow, you can now sync your X-Box experience across your PC. WOW! Here's a thought, I don't own a game console because I have a gaming PC. Give me PC exclusive games... without need of an X-Box.

My two cents

sygnus21, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Burgurne Win User
    *Ditto

Us with expencive gamer-PC's don't want any "consol-compiled" games. We want games made for our PC's, and that seems to (for the moment at least) be a black hole for Microsoft. They gave us Dx12, okay, but if they _only_ support game-makers that are making games for Xbox, then it is like Cortana here in Denmark! It is only something we can read about, but we can't get it to our own PC's.

Burgurne, Aug 6, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    And don't forget about better support for older games, people are complaining about their performance since W8 !!!

CountMike, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Doesn't seem to like older games. They may or may not even start up. If they do there seems to be a lag or studder.

stealth2920, Aug 7, 2015
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Windows 10 and Gaming

How old is older?

Honestly I don't expect games from 10 years and back to be fully functional on modern PC's. And further I can't blame MS for this either. They can't be expected to insure every game from the by-gone years to run smoothly on their OS', I believe some of that responsibility should fall on the game developer as well.

On the flipside, I don't expect Microsoft's OS to completely render older games useless either. It's a balance of give and take, and both sides - game developers and MS needs to work on this. However there comes a point in time where a cutoff needs to happen, and in this area, if the game developer still wants their game to be relevant, they need to adjust to Microsoft, not the other way around.

My favorite game of all time is Unreal, and in that, I would love to see this game revived and updated for modern systems.

My two cents.

sygnus21, Aug 7, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    Going as far back to support Dx9 games would be quite enough.

CountMike, Aug 7, 2015
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    I would agree with that and I don't think that's unreasonable.

sygnus21, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Exactly. Strange that the same games that will run in 8 won't in 10 or not very well.

stealth2920, Aug 8, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    I am using Batman Arkham games from 2009,2011 both use DirectX 9c and i believe Tomb Raider uses, working fine.
    Even game form 2007 works for me.

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 and Gaming

Really put there mark on DirectX 12, XBox *sarc

Windows 10 and Gaming [​IMG]

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
  14. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah, really, unless there are driver issues I can't really see games running any differently on 10 then they did on 8.

BTW after upgrading my desktop last night I tried a couple of games under both Steam and Origin - Dues EX: Human Revolution and Skyrim under Steam, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect 3 under Origin and all ran well. I didn't put hours into each game, but for the quick ten minutes or so on each game I hadn't run into any issues.

sygnus21, Aug 8, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    All i use so far is Steam and Origin. no issues except the plug in for Origin not compatible with MS Edge, when using Battlefield games, but will work, as i have another post on that issue here.

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 and Gaming

1. Windows 10 and Gaming - Similar Threads - Gaming

2. Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.: Hello, hope this request finds you well. I need help. About a year ago, I've begun getting this problem where if I'm playing video games, my Wi-Fi will cut within 3 minutes. And when I go check on the drivers, The Wi-Fi driver "qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network...
  3. Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.: Hello, hope this request finds you well. I need help. About a year ago, I've begun getting this problem where if I'm playing video games, my Wi-Fi will cut within 3 minutes. And when I go check on the drivers, The Wi-Fi driver "qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network...
  4. Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.: The title pretty much covers everything but I'm looking for a way to switch the primary account on my old gaming PC.I purchased a new gaming PC and it came with Windows 11. Now I have two Windows licenses on my Microsoft account. I would like to move one of them to my old PC...
  6. Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.: The title pretty much covers everything but I'm looking for a way to switch the primary account on my old gaming PC.I purchased a new gaming PC and it came with Windows 11. Now I have two Windows licenses on my Microsoft account. I would like to move one of them to my old PC...
  7. Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.

8. Game crashing when running together with a browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing when running together with a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  9. Kernel-Power 41 Error while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 41 Error while gaming: I have been having issues while playing games on my PC recently and its left me confused and not sure what to do from here. This has now started to hapopen randomly and even not when just playing games however, my PC will shut itself off and restart, I check the logs and...
  10. Kernel-Power 41 Error while gaming

Kernel-Power 41 Error while gaming: I have been having issues while playing games on my PC recently and its left me confused and not sure what to do from here. This has now started to hapopen randomly and even not when just playing games however, my PC will shut itself off and restart, I check the logs and...