Windows 10: Windows 10 and HDDs, file access, and non-essential services

Discus and support Windows 10 and HDDs, file access, and non-essential services in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there windows users, I don't know how many of you actually have the problems with windows 10 i've had, such as HDD spinning out update caused my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DustyShredder, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 and HDDs, file access, and non-essential services

Hey there windows users, I don't know how many of you actually have the problems with windows 10 i've had, such as HDD spinning out update caused my HDD to **** itself and exceed it's RPM limit, significant slowing from non-essential services being disabled, such as skype or the mail app which I never have, and never will use, cortana eating up 15% of resources at all times seriously, add an option to simply shut it off completely, oh, and let's not forget all the "features" that I have never used, don't plan on using, and use up resources that again, could be redistributed to actually essential services and user programs.

In addition, Microsoft has a SOFTWARE block for windows 7 and 8 on all hardware released after windows 10 was released, installed during the updates. These shenanigans need to stop. They are stealing our control of our systems right under our noses, andand laughing at us in the process! I'm sorry, but I would never pay $150 for a system that is unstable, has updates that break components, and has countless features that are never used by the vast majority of people.

I have a solution: actually hire real diagnostic staff to test each update in a virtual machine, find the bugs, and repair them. Hire real testing staff to put the system through it's extremes, ensuring stable gaming environments and general system stability. They have the money. They have the income. They can afford to stop being greedy and actually put out a stable operating system that won't make you fear every single update because you don't have the money to fix a component broken by the update only reason I actually upgraded to an SSD, considering the cost. I lost my HDD, many of my pictures, 3d models, and other files, and $300 just because of ONE update 3 months ago spinning out my HDD. That's an expensive update, costing an easy $1500 in parts and time, and unfortunately, there is no way to prove that the system caused that failure, so Microsoft cannot be held liable for that damage. I'm seriously contemplating learning the source code of windows so I can write the drivers and a bypass for the hardware block installed onto windows 8 and 7, so I can actually install one of those on my machine.

I purchased the license for windows 8.1 pro, why the hell am I not permitted to use it on my 7th gen machine!? Why do they make us spend $160 for a system that actually is stable, only to make it impossible to use it on anything but 5th gen hardware?! That, in my true opinion, is theft. It's fraud. I am not stealing their services, I am purchasing them. So, why accept my money if they're just going to deny my ability to use those services? Why take away my right to use the machine of my choice to install the operating system of my choice!? It's wrong on so many levels, and it just shows that large corporations and conglomerates do not care what we think, they don't care how their choices affect us, they don't care about our well being, and they do not care about our machines! Microsoft is committing suicide at the moment, with the manner in which they conduct themselves, focusing entirely on maximum profit over maximum productivity here's a tip for you Microsoft: productivity = profit, profit =/= productivity. The overwhelming desire for money is the root of all evil

:)

DustyShredder, May 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 24, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

Windows 10 and HDDs, file access, and non-essential services

unlock hdd

Johankaan, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 and HDDs, file access, and non-essential services

1. Windows 10 and HDDs, file access, and non-essential services - Similar Threads - HDDs file access

2. Attempting to access non existant file on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to access non existant file on startup: Windows keeps trying to access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.22062.536.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe... when no such file seems to exist. It keeps happening on startup and I would like it to stop. I reinstalled windows and the problem persists. I am using a fully...
  3. Attempting to access non existant file on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting to access non existant file on startup: Windows keeps trying to access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.22062.536.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe... when no such file seems to exist. It keeps happening on startup and I would like it to stop. I reinstalled windows and the problem persists. I am using a fully...
  4. Windows Update keeps non-system HDDs awake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps non-system HDDs awake: I set "Turn off hard disk after" to 20 minutes in Power Options. But my HDDs keep waking up for no apparent reason. So I am tracking down the causes. I applied the registry settings in:...
  5. HDDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDDs: dose windows 10 changes the HDD from MBR to GBT or vise versa automatically, if so is it wipe it out or the data still there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdds/be966c48-b80c-4b05-b8d0-56fedab7e10e
  6. Recently installed Windows 10 to SSD. Can't access old HDDs' programs or user files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently installed Windows 10 to SSD. Can't access old HDDs' programs or user files: Hello, I recently bought a brand new copy of Windows 10 and a Solid State Drive to put it on. I was upgrading my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and figured I'd do this while I was working on the PC. The MoBo, CPU, and RAM installation went flawlessly. Windows 10 installed as...
  7. Is it safe to susped non-essential Windows processes/services ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it safe to susped non-essential Windows processes/services ?: Hey, i was thinking... there are a lot of useless services, that are running on background. For some services startup parameters are greyed out. You can change that in registry. But i heard it is not good idea to turn these off: e.g. One Sync, Contact Data, HTTP Web Proxy...
  8. FTP Server can not access some HDDs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP Server can not access some HDDs: I have enabled the built in FTP server in Windows 10. In the IIS console I have set up access to all 4 of my HDDs(Win 10 x64 runs on an SSD) but only 2 of them are visible. I have made sure my account has ownership of the drives and has sufficient permissions. What would...
  9. Quick access and HDDs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access and HDDs: I would like to add my Hard Drives to Quick Access through the registry or another way. Possibly not manually. Anyone got any ideas? 66087
  10. Windows 10 with multiple HDDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 with multiple HDDs: sorry for the silly/stupid questions as i'm a windows newbie. I have windows 10 PC with (4) 3.5 HDDs as Media, Photos, etc...my main OS is on SSD. I wanted to know when my main OS SSD set to sleep can i make my other HDDs accessible? example, My Plex is on one of my HDDs and...