Windows 10: windows 10 and HDR

Discus and support windows 10 and HDR in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by misterdean, Oct 19, 2017.

1. windows 10 and HDR

i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be using RGB full in the nvidia control panel or one of the ycbcr settings? when i wanted to play an HDR game i had to use ycbcr but i hear it's not the same for video. the windows HDR setting under display settings will not turn on when using RGB. i hear windows is suppose to automatically detect HDR content and switch to the correct settings but it has a history of not working properly and not sure how to go about getting HDR movies to properly display.

:)

misterdean, Oct 19, 2017
  2. TimCarl Win User

Cannot Enable HDR

The HDR option does not appear in 'Display' settings.

I am using:

Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics

Cardas HDMI cable

LG 27UK650 Monitor

The LG monitor's HDR works with a Playstation 4 Pro and Cardas HDMI cable.

The LG monitor has no manual HDR setting. It only enters HDR mode when it receives proper signal, first.

Windows 10 only offers HDR setting when it receives proper signal from the display, first.

How can HDR be force-enabled on Windows 10?

TimCarl, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 HDR keeps turning itself on

Windows 10 HDR settings are horrible, as most of you probably have figured out. I have to turn it off in Windows 10 for HDR to work correctly on my TV and in games. I noticed while/after playing some games it turns itself on and ruins HDR settings, then
    I have to go and turn it off in Windows 10 again. Is there a way to permanently keep HDR off in Windows 10, since it has been horribly implemented?

Grunthor77, Oct 19, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

windows 10 and HDR

@misterdean,

I don't have that setup but I would leave the NVidia control panel alone and use the other solution. And I'm not sure what a ycbcr is), but it looks like color coding to me.

Anyway the reason I say leave the video card (control panel) alone is because it directly controls what you see on your monitor. Change something there and everything you see on your screen is affected. Using the other solution would just affect that program, and should display correctly on your screen. If there's a user's guide I'd highly recommend you read it.

Let us know if this helps.

sygnus21, Oct 20, 2017
Thema:

windows 10 and HDR

1. windows 10 and HDR - Similar Threads - HDR

2. why dose HDR makes my screen flicker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why dose HDR makes my screen flicker: Hi all,I recently enabled HDR and upped my refresh rate to 240 which my computer supports. I run a AMD R5600X with a 4060ET. After enabling these settings my screen seems to flicker between on and black. I don't know what is causing these outages and i have tried upping the...
  3. why dose HDR makes my screen flicker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why dose HDR makes my screen flicker: Hi all,I recently enabled HDR and upped my refresh rate to 240 which my computer supports. I run a AMD R5600X with a 4060ET. After enabling these settings my screen seems to flicker between on and black. I don't know what is causing these outages and i have tried upping the...
  4. HDR is say it's not suppourted

HDR is say it's not suppourted: I have an Alienware ultrawide 34.18 inch aw3423dw that suppourts HDR how do I get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-say-its-not-suppourted/3afb608e-879b-40a0-8f1a-66d6deb51ce2
  5. HDR is say it's not suppourted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is say it's not suppourted: I have an Alienware ultrawide 34.18 inch aw3423dw that suppourts HDR how do I get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-say-its-not-suppourted/3afb608e-879b-40a0-8f1a-66d6deb51ce2
  6. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable auto HDR Windows 10: im having an issue with Battlefield V where when i launch it HDR auto enables but in windows "Use HDR" is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-hdr-windows-10/de0b67f0-03d9-4aaa-aa02-e07a3a34a935
  7. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

Disable auto HDR Windows 10: im having an issue with Battlefield V where when i launch it HDR auto enables but in windows "Use HDR" is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-hdr-windows-10/de0b67f0-03d9-4aaa-aa02-e07a3a34a935
  8. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Snipping Tool not working properly when HDR plus 10bits are enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool not working properly when HDR plus 10bits are enabled: Hello!Just bought a new monitor Dell Alienware AW3423DWF.I've noticed that the taken screenshots from some apps aren't looking the same as the original content. Here is an example captured on camera:Left - ShareXCenter - the originalRight - Snipping ToolHere is my...
  10. Snipping Tool not working properly when HDR plus 10bits are enabled

Snipping Tool not working properly when HDR plus 10bits are enabled: Hello!Just bought a new monitor Dell Alienware AW3423DWF.I've noticed that the taken screenshots from some apps aren't looking the same as the original content. Here is an example captured on camera:Left - ShareXCenter - the originalRight - Snipping ToolHere is my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 27uk650 and windows 10 hdr

2. vg248 WINDOWS hdr

3. windows hdr mode

4. windows 10 fake hdr