Windows 10: Windows 10 and HP laptops

Discus and support Windows 10 and HP laptops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We recently refreshed all of our laptops to HP elite with Windows 10. Reports have been coming in that after locking their laptops for a period of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Al Servati, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 and HP laptops

We recently refreshed all of our laptops to HP elite with Windows 10. Reports have been coming in that after locking their laptops for a period of time, it takes several attempts to log back into their laptop. Anyone have any idea on how to resolve?

:)

Al Servati, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 and HP laptops

Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and HP laptops

1. Windows 10 and HP laptops - Similar Threads - laptops

2. Issues setting up new laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues setting up new laptop windows 11: Im setting up my new lapbook S15 512GB i am stuck on ‘let microsoft and apps use your location’ i am unable to click on yes or no and accept is greyed out. Please advise as i am unable to continue set up...
  3. High memory usage from my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory usage from my laptop.: Edge and and app called Antimalware service are using a lot of memory. I know that the antimalware is from Microsoft defender but it takes up too much memory. My laptop runs slow and sometimes Edge freezes. Any way I can make that stop?...
  4. Issues setting up new laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues setting up new laptop windows 11: Im setting up my new lapbook S15 512GB i am stuck on ‘let microsoft and apps use your location’ i am unable to click on yes or no and accept is greyed out. Please advise as i am unable to continue set up...
  5. High memory usage from my laptop.

High memory usage from my laptop.: Edge and and app called Antimalware service are using a lot of memory. I know that the antimalware is from Microsoft defender but it takes up too much memory. My laptop runs slow and sometimes Edge freezes. Any way I can make that stop?...
  6. How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?: Please tell me how I can download and update to Windows 11 even though my laptop doesn't meet the requirements? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-11-onto-a-non-supported/99916465-52dc-48c6-92bd-096fe3f1b7cc
  7. How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?

How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?: Please tell me how I can download and update to Windows 11 even though my laptop doesn't meet the requirements? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-11-onto-a-non-supported/99916465-52dc-48c6-92bd-096fe3f1b7cc
  8. I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing: Please solve my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wanna-my-laptop-stop-auto-repairing/19c0752c-d979-42a8-82e5-0a177077bb68
  9. I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing

I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing: Please solve my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wanna-my-laptop-stop-auto-repairing/19c0752c-d979-42a8-82e5-0a177077bb68
  10. I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging