Windows 10: Windows 10 and iTunes Advanced Settings Changes, Multiple Songs for Each Album, Etc.

Discus and support Windows 10 and iTunes Advanced Settings Changes, Multiple Songs for Each Album, Etc. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased a new computer with a small SSC C Drive and a larger data D drive. My music is stored on an external hard drive here on my desk. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanCapricorn, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 and iTunes Advanced Settings Changes, Multiple Songs for Each Album, Etc.

I purchased a new computer with a small SSC C Drive and a larger data D drive. My music is stored on an external hard drive here on my desk. I have mapped the location of the iTunes Media music to the external hard drive, which is: V:\Shared Music\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media

When I reopen iTunes, the default music location is "This Computer," so I have to select the Music drop-down menu to select WDMyCloudMirror. Then iTunes goes to the external hard drive and loads the music. When I go back to the advanced settings they have changed to: V:\Shared Music\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\iTunes\iTunes Media. It will not keep the settings as I mapped them!

Also I have as of today all artists' songs listed 4 times for each of the CD's I have loaded onto the computer. I know I have to fix that in iTunes because if I delete the repeated songs on the V Drive, they still are not deleted in iTunes. Oh, each repeated song plays in iTunes. My SONOS software only shows each song in an album one time thank goodness.

I don't want to delete all those repeated songs until I know I have fixed the problem so they don't reappear.

I did not have this problem with my old computer which had Windows 7 until 12/2018. I also don't understand why I should hold down the "shift" key and select the iTunes icon to go the the "Choose iTunes Library" since I only need one library. I have been using iTunes in Windows for many, many years.

I am waiting for a call back from iTunes support, but the scheduled time has passed with no call-back yet. The tech was going to work with the "engineer" on my problem.

Also, when I download iTunes in the Windows store, it does not show up in the Programs list in the Control Panel. Microsoft just called!

:)

JanCapricorn, Sep 13, 2020

2. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

When I try to access specific songs in itunes it says "file location not found" yet I can call the song up on wmp and listen to it.
    Sometimes when I list the album in itunes the song is missing and other times it is grayed out. I am trying to put music to a video but I can only do it through itunes. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have spent too much time watching facebook videos on how to sync these two programs

really old guy, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Bastieeeh Win User
    iTunes Introduces Complete My Album

Turns Individual Songs Into Complete Albums at Reduced Prices
    CUPERTINO, California — March 29, 2007 — Apple today announced Complete My Album, a groundbreaking new iTunes service that allows customers to turn their individual tracks into a complete album at a reduced price by giving them a full 99 cent credit for every track they have previously purchased from that album.

“Music fans can now round out their music collections by upgrading their singles into complete albums with just one click, and get full credit for those songs they have previously purchased from iTunes,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes. “Complete My Album is a wonderful new way that iTunes helps customers grow and enjoy their music collections.”

“iTunes continues to revolutionize the digital music industry by offering music fans innovative ways to explore and enjoy new music,” said Thomas Hesse, president, Global Digital Business and US Sales, Sony BMG Music Entertainment. “With Complete My Album, iTunes is giving music fans the best of both worlds—the ability to discover great new music by buying just the single and a credit toward the purchase of the complete album.”

Complete My Album offers customers up to 180 days after first purchasing individual songs from any qualifying album to purchase the rest of that album at a reduced price. When users buy any song on iTunes the corresponding album will immediately appear on their personalized Complete My Album page with the reduced price listed. For example, a user who’s already purchased three 99 cent singles and decides to buy the corresponding $9.99 album would be able to download the remaining songs to complete the album for just $7.02, without having to buy the singles again.

Source: Apple

Bastieeeh, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Bubbles71 Win User

Windows 10 and iTunes Advanced Settings Changes, Multiple Songs for Each Album, Etc.

Nokia 1020 - albums split into individual songs

Hi all, I've just bought the nokia 1020. I tried moving all of my itunes music to the new phone but no luck. Then I cut and pasted in Windows Explorer into the Nokia music folder. Mostly went well but a large number of albums have been split into individual
    songs. That is; when I go into "Albums" on the phone every song on the album is listed individually - I can't play the entire album with all its songs but only one at a time. Someone suggested i should collate these into playlists - yes this would work -
    but really is a patchup and is not a real Nokia solution surely!

Bubbles71, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 and iTunes Advanced Settings Changes, Multiple Songs for Each Album, Etc.

1. Windows 10 and iTunes Advanced Settings Changes, Multiple Songs for Each Album, Etc. - Similar Threads - iTunes Advanced Settings

2. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Support
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  3. Help please! When I drag albums from downloads folder to iTunes the songs are in incorrect...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help please! When I drag albums from downloads folder to iTunes the songs are in incorrect...: Is there any way to fix this or work around it? submitted by /u/HeyCharmz_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3m9m3/help_please_when_i_drag_albums_from_downloads/
  4. Windows 10 - iTunes will not play songs or download anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - iTunes will not play songs or download anything: Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 iTunes version 12.10.7.3 I have downloaded and installed iTunes a number of times from the Microsoft app store and it still does not work. I get this error if I try to download something: [ATTACH] When I click to play...
  5. buy song/album to play on windows media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    buy song/album to play on windows media player: buy song/album to play on windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-songalbum-to-play-on-windows-media-player/853dc1f5-568d-4855-9168-22a6d34d57d4"
  6. Groove music song/album titles cit short

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music song/album titles cit short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  7. iTune song genre changing when playing the song.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iTune song genre changing when playing the song.: Lost the entire iTunes library. Partially recovered, but when playing a song, the genre is changed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/itune-song-genre-changing-when-playing-the-song/10e250a5-227f-470d-8a38-7e94bf3f5457
  8. All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song

All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song: Why is it like that? Most of them even have their own custom Covers! But all Groove Music shows me is this one! When I delete the Song this Cover is from it just takes another Cover and plasters that onto all the songs. The Metadata is not affected however. The songs still...
  9. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library: Spent far to many hours trying to get some music that plays in WMP but does not show up in Itunes. If I look at the i tunes albums the song is there but grayed out and says "file location not found". Is there a way to have itunes and WMP sing all songs off the same "song...
  10. Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10: How to: Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 [img] Information The included Groove Music app in Windows 10 allows you to listen to your favorite music on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. You can create a playlist with music you've...