Windows 10: windows 10 and kobo reader

Discus and support windows 10 and kobo reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10. My computer won't recognize my Kobo touch ereader. The ereader says "connected and charged" when I plug it in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tuesdayweld, Jan 23, 2021.

1. windows 10 and kobo reader

Hi,

I recently upgraded to windows 10. My computer won't recognize my Kobo touch ereader.

The ereader says "connected and charged" when I plug it in. This is what usually happens but now, it does not open the device on my computer. it is not in my devices nor is it in the "safely remove hardware" list where it always appears. The ereader should not be unplugged without ejecting it properly. this is impossible because it's not recognized.

I am not computer savvy. I have restarted my computer several times. I have gone to the devices and printers in control panel and tried clicking on "add a device' but it says none found. the USB port seems to be working and I have tried the ereader in other ports without luck. I tried it on my husband's laptop, too and he has windows 8 I think. didn't work there either.

if the ereader says it is connected, I am assuming the cord is OK. I don't have another that fits the ereader.

I have called Kobo and done a factory reset of the ereader. I don't know what else to do.

I can connect my ereader to the internet through wifi.

I have read all I can find on the internet but nothing has worked for me.

Thank you to anyone who tries to help me

:)

Tuesdayweld, Jan 23, 2021

2. Kobo reader and Windows anniversary update

Since the Windows 10 Anniversary update, my Kobo Glo reader is no longer recognised by my laptop when connected via USB. It is also not recognised by the Kobo desktop app nor Adobe Digital Editions. Accordingly no new books can be added if purchased
    from a store apart from Kobo. Kobo say that Microsoft is preparing a "build" to rectify the problem. Does anyone know of this "build"? In the meantime does anyone have any suggestions as to how the Kobo reader can be recognised by the Windows anniversary build?

PeterDay_1946, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Kobo e-reader.

--I have the same problem with the KOBO HD GLO

just got to wait for a fix

Kobo help center clueless..

I use the kobo glo to take out library books

I am being patient

Ben Sonhurst, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Parallaxe Win User

windows 10 and kobo reader

windows 10 does not recognize my Kobo ereader

Same here. Windows 10 does not recognize my Kobo Aura One.

But on my other PC with Windows 7 the Kobo Aura One is recognized properly.

Some information on the Win 10 rig that causes the trouble:

• Surface Book, 16GB
    • Win10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1607
    • Kobo Aura One, Software version 4.2.8110
    • Kobo Desktop 4.2.6122

Here's what I have tried so far:

• Factory reset of the Kobo device
    • Tried various different USB cables in various ports
    • Installed the Kobo desktop app
    • Searched for the most recent updates/patch for the Kobo device and installed them
    • Searched for the most recent updates/patch/drivers for my Win10 rig and installed them
    • I have tried the steps suggested by Mario Tum (Dec 26)
    • Asked Kobo customer support for help (they asked me to try some default stuff like re-plugging in the USB cable, but no real help so far; they told me they have passed the issue to 'someone else' within Kobo - whatever that means)

Nothing resolved the issue. Since my Win7 rig recognizes my Kobo Aura One without any problems, I guess the problem lies with Win10.

Parallaxe, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 and kobo reader

1. windows 10 and kobo reader - Similar Threads - kobo reader

2. Win 11 não reconhece app Rakuten kobo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 não reconhece app Rakuten kobo: O win 11 não reconhece mais meu app rakuten kobo. No win 10 rodava muito bem, mas agora com o win 11, nada funciona relacionado ao Rakuten Kobo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-n%C3%A3o-reconhece-app-rakuten-kobo/e13464f4-cb1a-4a9b-ba84-11f053033d91
  3. Win 11 não reconhece app Rakuten kobo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 não reconhece app Rakuten kobo: O win 11 não reconhece mais meu app rakuten kobo. No win 10 rodava muito bem, mas agora com o win 11, nada funciona relacionado ao Rakuten Kobo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-n%C3%A3o-reconhece-app-rakuten-kobo/e13464f4-cb1a-4a9b-ba84-11f053033d91
  4. Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader: I had no problems in windows 10 proWindows 11 pro does not recognize any Ereader!Somebody an solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-ereader/9afb4c31-9942-4de4-8f81-d3b6cc23c017
  5. Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader

Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader: I had no problems in windows 10 proWindows 11 pro does not recognize any Ereader!Somebody an solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-ereader/9afb4c31-9942-4de4-8f81-d3b6cc23c017
  6. Kobo mini e-reader N705

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kobo mini e-reader N705: Hi, my kobo is discontinued, and says to download kobo app on pc to download books on my mini. I have the books on the pc, but says my mini and pc are two different accounts, and wont let me sync. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  7. Kobo eReader Not Working Window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kobo eReader Not Working Window 10: a month ago I downloaded to my Kobo ereader as it was recognized in file manage. Now I plug in the Kobo and it indicates that it is connected but it is not recognized in the file manager as connection. I have Window 10 version 1909 Any suggestions Marvin...
  8. my laptop does not recognize my kobo reader. help please

my laptop does not recognize my kobo reader. help please: the port does not recognize the kobo reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-reader-help/3340d234-57a7-4ba4-b4e7-50756a15a42d
  9. Kobo E-reader not recognized by laptop since Windows update

Kobo E-reader not recognized by laptop since Windows update: It's not the USB port nor the Kobo. when plugging in saying connected and charging, but that's it. Nothing else happens. Is there a fix? I tried all the tips previously suggested - changing wire/usb port/updating drivers...
  10. Resolved: Kobo reader not recognized

Resolved: Kobo reader not recognized: Hello My PC won't recognized my eReader Kobo plugged with the USB port. It use to work. Any idea? Martin 82796