Windows 10: Windows 10 and language features unable to download

Discus and support Windows 10 and language features unable to download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all Fresh install of Enterprise Win10 1803 here and I'm encountering a nuisance with the language pack, I have selected English (United Kingdom)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Senko13, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Senko13 Win User

Windows 10 and language features unable to download

Hi all

Fresh install of Enterprise Win10 1803 here and I'm encountering a nuisance with the language pack, I have selected English (United Kingdom) under 'Add language' but it's failing to download 'optical character recognition', 'speech recognition' and 'typing' under optional features. (Error 0x800F0954). Upgrading to later version of Win10 is not an option. The nuisance part is the fact that it's constantly giving notifications that it's trying to download features (We are adding some new features) and then another notification along the lines of 'Something happened and we couldn't install a feature'

I would like to

1) Fix the issue, or

2) Remove the features and/or notification

Any advise?

I tried downloading the GB language pack CAB and manually install but I'm guessing it also does not contain optical char recogn/speech recogn/typing.

:)

Senko13, Feb 25, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 25, 2019
  3. unable to download language in windows 10.

Hi Parikh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the Language Pack.

To better understand your query please respond to the questions below:

• What is the error message you receive when you to tap on “Something happened, and we couldn’t install the feature”?

• Is it a single language pack Operating System? If it is a single language pack Operating System then you cannot install any other language in that.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 and language features unable to download

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 and language features unable to download

1. Windows 10 and language features unable to download - Similar Threads - language features unable

2. Unable to download language packs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download language packs.: Unable to download language pack, I have tried methods 1 and 3 here, for method 2, I cannot find: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU I was not able to find the WindowsUpdate\AU folder in the Windows folder. I use a VPN, and I have tried...
  3. Windows 10 and 11: Unable to install Language Pack features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 11: Unable to install Language Pack features: HI experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 10 and 11. The language pack itself installs, but not the features. I've tried Chinese and Spanish. See below. I've tried quite a few options from the web to no avail.Thanks for any ideas...
  4. Windows 10 and 11: Unable to install Language Pack features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and 11: Unable to install Language Pack features: HI experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 10 and 11. The language pack itself installs, but not the features. I've tried Chinese and Spanish. See below. I've tried quite a few options from the web to no avail.Thanks for any ideas...
  5. Unable to download language features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to download language features: I'm completely unable to download language features, it just says that it's searching for language features, is there a way to manually install these or another possible solution? If anyone is wondering, I'm using a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx 4XU96EA#ABU.[ATTACH]...
  6. Canceling Optional Language Features download

Canceling Optional Language Features download: Hi, I wanted to start typing in Mandarin on my Windows 10 PC, so I installed several different input languages for Chinese. I removed the input languages that I didn't like, but I didn't know that the optional features were still being downloaded, resulting in a pile-up of...
  7. Can't download the feature language

Can't download the feature language: Dear Microsoft, Good evening, My Name is Nanda and i'm from Indonesia. I would like to ask, how to adding other language in the windows. my administrator language is US English, so I want to install Japanese language. but when I tried to install the language there is...
  8. Unable to download the Korean language pack for Windows 10

Unable to download the Korean language pack for Windows 10: I`ve a problem to add the language option for Korean Language ( Basic Typing, Handwriting, Speech ). It starts the download, but does not finish. I can`t type in Korean. It stay broken. For example, to create a txt file "A4G;황OWA.txt". I already added the language and I...
  9. Language feature keeps failing to download.

Language feature keeps failing to download.: Hello everyone, Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was all fine, until it tried to download the English (GB) speech recognition. The download keeps failing halfway through and it...
  10. Download Language typing features FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Language typing features FAILED: Hello, just recently reinstalled my laptop.. Now every day in on it, i get several prompts from windows to "download language typing features" When i press the notification, it says something with "we are adding..." i press that and i direct to page "manage optional...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 handwriting wont download

2. win 10 language option download failed

3. why are basic typing and optical character recognition checked by default when adding language

4. windows 10 english gb typing download