Windows 10: Windows 10 and Linux

Discus and support Windows 10 and Linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am curious, if I have 3 hard drives, 1 for windows, 1 for games and 1 I am thinking of having Linux on. Can a dual boot happen when windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kiwiprobie1, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 and Linux

I am curious, if I have 3 hard drives, 1 for windows, 1 for games and 1 I am thinking of having Linux on. Can a dual boot happen when windows 10 and Linux are on 2 separate hard drives?

:)

Kiwiprobie1, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Windows 10 and Linux

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and Linux

1. Windows 10 and Linux - Similar Threads - Linux

2. Mic quality is better on linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic quality is better on linux: I recently got my brand new hyperx quadcast and when I plugged it in and tested it was so bad..Then I tested the mic on my linuxsame laptop, Im dualbooting ubuntu and windows 11 it was great. I have no idea whats the problem is can some one help me?...
  3. Mic quality is better on linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic quality is better on linux: I recently got my brand new hyperx quadcast and when I plugged it in and tested it was so bad..Then I tested the mic on my linuxsame laptop, Im dualbooting ubuntu and windows 11 it was great. I have no idea whats the problem is can some one help me?...
  4. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  5. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  6. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. time to learn Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    time to learn Linux: time to learn linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-to-learn-linux/644b6853-d20a-4920-9800-975d4fb518c2
  8. time to learn Linux

time to learn Linux: time to learn linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-to-learn-linux/644b6853-d20a-4920-9800-975d4fb518c2
  9. time to learn Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/?

Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/?: Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-move-the-linux-folder-into-my-d/2ea0d784-aa0d-4b90-9469-d50dca0012f2