Windows 10: Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

Discus and support Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an Nvidia Quadro card on my computer. Till now, to update the driver, I would always uninstall the old drivers from windows add/remove programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rezpower, Dec 15, 2015.

1. rezpower Win User

Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

I have an Nvidia Quadro card on my computer. Till now, to update the driver, I would always uninstall the old drivers
    from windows add/remove programs and then after a reboot install the new drivers. I would also use driver sweeper
    to remove the remaining files and entries.

But now when I remove the driver, on next boot, there is a black screen and can't log into windows! I even tried to change
    the driver from quadro to "Microsoft basic Display Driver" that works while I am still in windows. But after reboot same
    problem accrues!

Wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem? What's the best way to update the Nvidia drivers?

Also did you realize that after updating Nvidia drivers, windows system files get corrupt?
    I have to run sfc /scannow to fix ! I also wonder why this happen ?

:)

rezpower, Dec 15, 2015
  2. SakuPeura Win User

How to fix Start Menu critical error windows 10?

I'm glad that worked for you. As I said before, I tried reinstalling windows, and it didn't help. Part of the process was installing Nvidia-drivers again, so that didn't do it either.

I now use Windows 10 only where I work.

SakuPeura, Dec 15, 2015
  3. After Windows update, second monitor (Dell) stuck in power save mode

Are you trying to install the driver from Windows Update or manually from Nvidia download?

Try running the Nvidia driver scanner and manually install the driver it proposes:
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=e...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

It sounds like there could be another underlying issue, but have you ever tried removing the drivers in Safe Mode first? I usually do that, then reboot and run CCleaner. I'll reboot once more and then install the Nvidia drivers.

DeaconFrost, Dec 15, 2015
  5. rezpower Win User
    Thanks for your response DeaconFrost,
    in fact uninstalling the driver in safe mode solved the problem. But then when I used Display Driver Uninstaller downloaded from Guru3D.com the problem came back. So I recommend others not to use this!

rezpower, Dec 16, 2015
  6. That's an example of why I try to limit my extra software, whenever possible. I am not a fan of any third-party driver apps, either for removal or updating.

DeaconFrost, Dec 16, 2015
  7. PJLLB Win User
    rezpower: You should use the Nvidia driver installation process (download and install from Nvidia's web site) and not remove the driver from the add/remove programs function. The current Nvidia installation process automatically removes prior versions of the driver when it install the new ones. And the custom settings option allows you to not add portions of the driver that you don't want (e.g. 3D support, etc.).

DeaconFrost: You consider Nvidia's own driver update process to be a "third-party driver app?" I sure don't.

PJLLB, Dec 16, 2015
  8. Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

I was thinking Driver Sweeper was one of those apps that helps find and update drivers.

DeaconFrost, Dec 20, 2015
  9. I always use Display Driver Uninstaller, it takes you to safe mode, compleatly uninstalls the drivers and blocks Win 10 from automatically updating the drivers.

fracking4oil, Dec 21, 2015
  10. Ex_Brit Win User
    There is no need to uninstall the old driver as the new installer will do that. Unless of course there are major issues and you need to do things the hard way.
    I have GeForce Experience installed and it does much of the work for me.

Ex_Brit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

1. Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update! - Similar Threads - manual Nvidia Driver

2. Windows Update - Manual driver download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Manual driver download: Hello community,i got some driver installed by the windows update function. The driver in question is called:CORSAIR MEMORY, INC. - Monitor - 1.0.0.2and i can see it in the update history for windows update driver updates.This entry cannot be clicked and there is no other...
  3. Windows Update - Manual driver download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - Manual driver download: Hello community,i got some driver installed by the windows update function. The driver in question is called:CORSAIR MEMORY, INC. - Monitor - 1.0.0.2and i can see it in the update history for windows update driver updates.This entry cannot be clicked and there is no other...
  4. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  5. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  6. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?

Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?: Good Morning, My Windows 10 Pro for Workstations desktop has a Pascal era nVidia Quadro. Windows Update WU deployed nvidia proprietary driver v442.50. Is the 'best practice' for Windows 10 just to let WU handle drivers if I'm not experiencing any issues? I ask because...
  8. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  9. Windows 10 updates removing Nvidia driver

Windows 10 updates removing Nvidia driver: I know this has been asked before and I've read the replies but I am still having this problem. It's becoming ridiculous having to role back the laptop every time Windows 10 decides to do an update. Why do they continue to remove the Nvidia drivers? I've just dumped the last...
  10. Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver: Hi, I need an older version of the nvidia driver to be installed on my computer. But windows 10 keeps updating it every time even with "Never install driver software from Windows Update" checked (as the figure). Any idea to prevent this? Thanks [img] 12237