Windows 10: Windows 10 and Matebook D15: Installing Windows from USB

Discus and support Windows 10 and Matebook D15: Installing Windows from USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Matebook D15 2020 with UEFI BIOS (i think its uefi, i am not 100% sure) I want to make a clean install of Windows 10, deleting the recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by valadisr, Feb 14, 2021.

1. valadisr Win User

Windows 10 and Matebook D15: Installing Windows from USB

I have a Matebook D15 2020 with UEFI BIOS (i think its uefi, i am not 100% sure)
    I want to make a clean install of Windows 10, deleting the recovery partition., but I have a problem.
    My 128GB usb flash drive is not recognized by bios during the setup.
    The problem for that is that uefi recognises only fat32 usb disks as i read at huawei supports forums. But my sflash drive cannot formated at fat32, du to the limitations of fat32 filesystem. requires 32GB not 128Gb as mine.
    Is there any possible way to format at fat32 losing the extra space and be recognised by my bios?
    sorry for my english and thnx in advance for your help.

:)

valadisr, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 14, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and Matebook D15: Installing Windows from USB - Similar Threads - Matebook D15 Installing

2. Automatic Repair Screen Huawei Matebook D15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Screen Huawei Matebook D15: Hi, after starting a Windows Update my laptop shut down to then start again but showing a blue screen saying “choose your keyboard layout”.Then “choose an option”. I’ve tried everything from Startup Repair to System Restore, and even typing commands but it doesn’t solve the...
  3. Automatic Repair Screen Huawei Matebook D15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Screen Huawei Matebook D15: Hi, after starting a Windows Update my laptop shut down to then start again but showing a blue screen saying “choose your keyboard layout”.Then “choose an option”. I’ve tried everything from Startup Repair to System Restore, and even typing commands but it doesn’t solve the...
  4. Automatic Repair Screen Huawei Matebook D15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why there no password option to login for huawei matebook d15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why there no password option to login for huawei matebook d15: Hello, i have a problem to login into my laptop which is there no password option there. It just have a fingerprint and pin options but i can't verified it even i was change it for many time before so i prefer using password but there no option for it just today there don't...
  6. why there no password option to login for huawei matebook d15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why there no password option to login for huawei matebook d15: Hello, i have a problem to login into my laptop which is there no password option there. It just have a fingerprint and pin options but i can't verified it even i was change it for many time before so i prefer using password but there no option for it just today there don't...
  7. Matebook D15 C: drive extend option not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Matebook D15 C: drive extend option not available: Hi I would like to use D: drive storage into my C: drive System, I found a way using disk management tool, but extend volume option is not available. Additionally, I cant delete D: just shrink It. could someone help me, please? Greetings Rafa...
  8. Touchpad not working Huawei Matebook D15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working Huawei Matebook D15: Hello, My touchpad has completely stopped working, I`ve checked the settings, fine, uninstalled drivers and restart, still nothing, done a factory reset, still not working. Entered BIOS at start up and the pointer and touchpad work then, please help? Thanks, Alan...
  9. Installation of the Windows 10 OS on an Huawei MateBook 13

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of the Windows 10 OS on an Huawei MateBook 13: just an inquiry from a post i've come across on FB here : https://www.pcmag.com/news/370748/huawei-opts-for-linux-on-its-laptops?fbclid=IwAR1udD9OxD8-kyFbA8wNCWueiN0svDhw8bDRnPMtwiwU5HIbGlk3mC_eUo0 To which a discussion has developed about windows 10 could be installed on...
  10. Install Windows 10 from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 from usb: I purchased a windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, Instruction tell you to insert it turn on computer change to setting to boot from USB as first drive, my computer restarts in Windows 7 any help?...