Windows 10: Windows 10 and Microsoft account question

Discus and support Windows 10 and Microsoft account question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1903 Greetings, I'm eventually going to buy a new PC and give my existing computer to my mother but I have a question regarding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by templar, Nov 4, 2019.

1. templar Win User

Windows 10 and Microsoft account question

Windows 10 Version 1903

Greetings,

I'm eventually going to buy a new PC and give my existing computer to my mother but I have a question regarding Windows activation.

When I purchased my present computer I had Windows 8 Professional installed and I took advantage of Microsoft's free upgrade to Windows 10 Professional when it was available. Isn't this Windows 10 upgrade linked to my Microsoft account though? Obviously I will be disconnecting my Microsoft account from this current PC when I hand it on to my mother, but by doing so won't this also remove the Windows 10 installation?

:)

templar, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 and Microsoft account question :(

Zakin, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and Microsoft account question - Similar Threads - Microsoft account question

2. Question About Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question About Microsoft Account: hi, what happens if i remove my account microsoft on windows 10 settings , didn't loss any my data ? or just removed on my device laptop?or on website microsoft ?[ATTACH]thanks if supporter helps me my question![ATTACH]...
  3. Windows 10 / Microsoft account question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 / Microsoft account question: Hello everyone, So I found my sisters laptop after she moved out, I've been using it for work and she is logged in through her microsoft account. Is there any way to log her out and log myself in to the computer without knowing her microsoft account password? We're about to...
  4. Windows 10 account question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 account question: Does my regular windows 10 account need to be an administrator account? I want to modify my sign on options such that I do not require a PIN. When I try the suggested process, I get a message that says my account type requires a PIN. When I look at my account using...
  5. Account Security Questions Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  6. Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question: Greetings everyone, I hope you are well. Recently I lost all access to my microsoft account which i'm still trying to gain access to. I'm still able to log into my pc via pin code and that is great. I keep getting alerted about the pc not being able to sign into the...
  7. Question on Windows 10 Microsoft Account Security Risks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on Windows 10 Microsoft Account Security Risks: I am wondering about the risks of using a microsoft account instead of local account on windows installation. If the microsoft account I signed up with got compromised, what additional risks are there to having the same account tied to my pc? I know that emails/onedrive are...
  8. Microsoft account question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account question: I wound up with 2 Microsoft accounts. Can I sign in to my second device & create another user, then delete the second account without affecting Windows 10 on either one? Then my pc & laptop could sync....
  9. Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question: OK, I have quite a few PC's all upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8. I have roughly 11 or 12 that are used at various points. So my question is, Can I link all those systems with genuine windows 10 upgrade digital license to the same Microsoft account? I don't want to...
  10. Microsoft Account Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Question: Will you be required in windows 10 to have an local account to use windows 10 offline and will you be able access the ms store and download apps while logged into your local account 4971