Windows 10: Windows 10 and Network share properties

Discus and support Windows 10 and Network share properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by avallk, Mar 28, 2016.

1. avallk Win User

Windows 10 and Network share properties

Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are in a windows 2008 domain with 2012 and Win 10 machines.
    We have regular accounts and admin accounts. The regular account can see get properties for the folders/shares that it has access to. The admin account, when run using "run as a different user" cannot generate the properties dialog box at all. *Mad This worked fine on Win 7.

Any ideas?

:)

avallk, Mar 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 - cannot access TCP/IPv4 Properties on a PPTP VPN Connection

Windows 10:

I found the IPv4 settings for VPNs in "Network and Sharing Center" on the left column go to "Change Adapter Settings" right click desired VPN connection got to properties then the networking tab.

Marksmanaz, Mar 28, 2016
  3. -lpm- Win User
    Can't share files after 1703. What should I do?

Try this on the Windows 10 machine serving files:

start -> run -> ncpa.cpl

right click active network adapter -> properties -> uncheck "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" -> OK

right click active network adapter -> properties -> check "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" - > OK

You will need to do this after each reboot until Microsoft fixes this known issue in 1703.

The issue is discussed at Anyone else notice the network issues with Windows 10 Creator's edition?

-lpm-, Mar 28, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

If the Win10 PC is joined to the domain and the release is current branch (10586.164) this is something I've not seen before. Earlier releases of Windows 10 prior to cumulative update 3140768 had issues with networking, but I've observed this to have been fixed in the most recent versions. OTOH, if you're running Current Branch for Business (10240.xxxx) then you are simply dealing with documented issues with networking behavior in Windows 10. If so, I'm not aware of any fixes for that right now. But perhaps other forum members may have other -- and hopefully better -- ideas.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and Network share properties - Similar Threads - Network share properties

2. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue. This seems the same behaviour as previously reported here...
  3. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue. This seems the same behaviour as previously reported here...
  4. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network sharing The properties of this connection cannot be displayed. Windows Management...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network sharing The properties of this connection cannot be displayed. Windows Management...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljaxv2/network_sharing_the_properties_of_this_connection/
  6. Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...

Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue - users are upset at the change though. Has anyone seen this? Our networking properties on several computers randomly started showing things like for IPV4 : @%systemroot%/system32/drivers/tcpip.sys, -10100 . Only...
  7. Windows 10 Network Sharing

Windows 10 Network Sharing: Hello. This is my first post. My name is Matt. I work in the IT/Telecom field professionally. I am 38 and have been building PCs for over 20 years. I'm not PC/networking ignorant, but there is always more to learn, so I humbly ask for assistance. So, I have a seemingly...
  8. Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties

Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties: I've been looking for an alleged domain name like "domain.local 2" and I can't find it anywhere. EXCEPT on Network and Sharing Center Properties under "View your active networks" where I see: "Domain.local 2 Domain network" At issue is the "2". I'm just about convinced...
  9. Windows 10 network share

Windows 10 network share: Hi there, Being an advanced Windows user I am kind of puzzled on why I am now unable to easily share some folders between my two Windows 10 computers which are sitting on the same network. I have followed the tutorial, indeed my services were switched off (why?) and I can...
  10. viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network

viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network: My question is: How do I view the "Properties" of the other drives in my networked computers. Before I used Windows 10, ( all 4 computers were on windows 7) all I had to do was point to the shared drive on another networked computer and right click on it and select...