Windows 10: Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue

Discus and support Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; after upgrade to windows 10, did anyone notice that nvidia optimus is not working properly as it keep switching between discrete and integrated graphic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by janice1234, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue

after upgrade to windows 10, did anyone notice that nvidia optimus is not working properly as it keep switching between discrete and integrated graphic even for some simple thing like open action center. this has cause graphic shuttering and lag for windows GUI.

i can assured that this is not happen with windows 8. and the issue is still persists even after a clean install of windows 10 following by intel and nvidia gpu driver. perhaps it is some driver issue?

GPU: GTX 780M
    IGPU: HD 4600

look like other also experience this

https://www.tenforums.com/redirect-to...0-and-optimus/

https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...ering-lag.html

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/nvidia-optimus-not-working-properly/a059390d-dfc1-44aa-9a47-d2172d70933e

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nvidia have fixed the issue with 365.10 driver.

:)

janice1234, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Daniele3 Win User

Microsoft10 Lag

Hi, Thanks for your reply

I have a Packard Bell TM85 with Nvidia 320m with the same problem on Windows 10.

I also think there is a problem with the Optimus card switch management, in my laptop there is no Optimus, the only graphic card used is the Nvidia ( physically there is also the Intel integrated graphic card but it is not connected ).

So could have not the Optimus be a problem?

Is there a solution? How to ask it directly to Microsoft or Nvidia?

Sorry for my poor english.

Thanks

Daniele3, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Apache_88 Win User
    Apache_88, Aug 23, 2015
  4. popeye Win User

Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue

Wow! One more reason I'm glad I held off upgrading. My laptop uses Optimus and I love it, sure don't want it buggered up. Thanks for posting!

popeye, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Manticore Win User
    Tell me about Optimus... I also have issues with that magnificent piece of junk. After upgrading to Windows 10, all games using DirectX version 8 and lower refuse to work on my GT755M. No matter what I do in Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector, they always run on Intel GPU. The only solution is to use wrappers like dgVoodoo 2, WineD3D or nGlide. I've reported my issue to Nvidia and here's the answer I've got: Games based on DirectX 8 and older versions of DirectX will only run on integrated graphics in an Optimus laptop under Windows 10 | NVIDIA

Manticore, Aug 24, 2015
  6. popeye Win User
    Optimus.....junk? Works fine for me on 8.1. Your complaint should be with ALL three players, Nvidia, Intel and MS.

popeye, Aug 24, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I use a GTX 750Ti with The latest Nvidia driver and have zero problems.

8. Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue

GTX 750TI is a desktop GPU, this issue only affect nvidia optimus (nvidia mobile series gpu).

janice1234, Aug 24, 2015
  9. popeye Win User
    Um, yea. *Thumbs

popeye, Aug 24, 2015
  10. https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...50966/#4650966

from geforce community, an user did experience this and solved it by using older windows 8 driver.

janice1234, Aug 25, 2015
  11. popeye Win User
    Great info janice1234 especially if I ever decide to upgrade. Thanks again!

popeye, Aug 26, 2015
  12. some update about this issue,

after tested the suggestion posted by geforce community, i can confirm that the current workaround for this issue will be using older ver of driver 350.12 with windows 10. but keep in mind that the older driver did not support directx 12.

janice1234, Aug 26, 2015
  13. Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue

LOL sounds about right use an old driver that doesn't actually support your OS

I have been looking into this recently due to a friends Dell 2720 and now I find also a lot of other Machines with the same issue, all based on the intel 4600 and an on board Nvidia and all using optimus, This fault has been know about for ages by ALL three players, Nvidia, Intel and MS and yet noting has been done to sort it, its not just Windoes 10 this has happened in 7 and 8 and 8.1 and now 10 where the Nvidia disappears completely, sometimes it can be sen in hidden drivers but it won work, some times it will suddenly start working and that in the same fashion stop for no reason

I feel Optimus is to blame as I have personally done limitless hardware swaps, loaded many many versions of windows and browsed for what seems to be hundreds of hours

some one needs to come up with a Optimus software Manual switch that allows the user to force the startup of the Nvidia card or the manufacturers of the hardware needs to add it into the MB Bios, a set of Proper Nvisia diagnostic tools would be nice too

Nvidia, Intel and MS are not cheap companies and they need to get together and find the answer to this problem as its growing daily

stubbie2012, Feb 25, 2016
  14. janice1234, May 12, 2016
  15. interesting I started installing 365.19 today and didnt notice it made a difference, but I will look out a MB that has the issue and rerun the tests

Thanks for letting us know about the thread

stubbie2012, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue

1. Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue - Similar Threads - Nvidia Optimus issue

2. NVIDIA optimus trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA optimus trouble: NVIDIA optimus forces the use of Intel GPUs in lightweight games such as Minecraft It forces my Minecraft to run at 30~40 FPS and not play properly. What I have tried- Reinstall Windows. Reinstall Intel & Nvidia GPU using DDU Reinstall Minecraft Nvidia control panel & windows...
  3. NVIDIA optimus trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA optimus trouble: NVIDIA optimus forces the use of Intel GPUs in lightweight games such as Minecraft It forces my Minecraft to run at 30~40 FPS and not play properly. What I have tried- Reinstall Windows. Reinstall Intel & Nvidia GPU using DDU Reinstall Minecraft Nvidia control panel & windows...
  4. NVIDIA optimus trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  6. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  7. Is it possible to have nVIDIA Optimus in a desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is it possible to have nVIDIA Optimus in a desktop?: Hi, I have an msi Z390 motherboard and an i5-9600K, with the integrated iGPU Intel UHD 630. I am going to buy a GTX 2060, but it consumes way more power than the Intel iGPU, even for idling/browsing. I've had notebooks in the past and there was this thing called "nVIDIA...
  8. NVIDIA Optimus for Desktop PCs

NVIDIA Optimus for Desktop PCs: Hi I have an iGPU and dGPU in my desktop PC. I want to have the NVIDIA Optimus Configuration where the iGPU works for normal browsing and surfing tasks, and dGPU kicks in when doing GPU intensive tasks i.e. gaming, video editing, AI programs. I have plugged my display into...
  9. Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus: I don't know if this is only for Windows 10, but I'll post it here, maybe someone knows a workaround. I installed Star Wars The Old Republic (the new MMORPG) and when I start it with my NVIDIA GeFore 610M card, it refuses to launch, no error message, process closes too. But...
  10. Nvidia Optimus & Adobe Acrobat

Nvidia Optimus & Adobe Acrobat: I have a dell precision 7710 laptop. It has a Quadro M5000M. In NVidia Control Panel I have adobe Acrobat DC to use the Quadro card, but on the task bar, the Quadro Activity icon does not show acrobat using the Quadro. If I run Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom, Photoshop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia optimus not working

2. can nvidia optimus upgrade

3. nvidia optimus issues

4. nvidia 320m windows 10 driver 1903,
  5. windows 10 driver optimus issue,
  6. nvidia optimus for windows 10,
  7. windows 10 1903 & nvidia optimus,
  8. very slow boot time nvidia optimus,
  9. nvidia optimus windows 19 1903,
  10. windows 10 nvidia optimus problem,
  11. nvidia optimus not working windows 10,