Windows 10: windows 10 and old systems

Discus and support windows 10 and old systems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 on an old core2duo hp desktop system and I gave the machine an SSD to boot from. but I also gave it a 4 TB harddrive. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbm, Feb 19, 2021.

1. CBM
    cbm Win User

windows 10 and old systems

I am running windows 10 on an old core2duo hp desktop system and I gave the machine an SSD to boot from. but I also gave it a 4 TB harddrive.

The drive was from another system (I have many many systems) and was already formatted and windows 10 lists it as a 4 TB drive.

But the old bios lists it as a 2 TB drive when booting up. Should I be worried or does Windows 10 have it all under control?

Should I be worried?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 and old systems - Similar Threads - old systems

2. Deleting old system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old system files: Hi! I had recently changed my C drive from hdd to ssd. So I have noticed that folders like program filesx86 and users folders are still presentwhich are heavy in storage , when I try to delete them it doesn't allows me to. Please help how can I delete these files....
  3. Deleting system files from an old hard drive

Deleting system files from an old hard drive: I followed this script: " OK, open a Command Prompt window as Administrator Windows + X keys together and then select Command Prompt Admin from the resulting menu Run each of these commands and press enter after each one, this will remove the old Program Files Folder...
  4. Can You Use an Old Boot Drive for Your New System?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can You Use an Old Boot Drive for Your New System?: Hey everyone! So as it is the holiday season I’m looking into building a new rig(as I’m sure a whole lot of others are). And I just had a question. So I have an SSD that I made my boot drive/installed windows on it from a USB on my current rig when I had built it. I also...
  5. Is it safe to get rid of System reserved disk from old HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to get rid of System reserved disk from old HDD?: A while ago, my old PC died. I got its HDD with windows and put it in a new PC with windows preinstalled I got later, figured out how to access the old HDDs files and everything works fine, just that there are two disks showing up in the This PC window. It doesn't cause any...
  6. Restore an existing windows 10 system image not to the old failing HDD but to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore an existing windows 10 system image not to the old failing HDD but to a new SSD: Hi, it's really frustrating that Microsoft makes things so unideal and tough for us users. The new SSD is connected to the computer through a USB 3.0 to SATA cable, so right now it's external. My computer still runs using the old failing HDD, so I need to get this done...
  7. Copy an existing windows 10 system image not on the old failing HDD but to a new SSD

Copy an existing windows 10 system image not on the old failing HDD but to a new SSD: Hi, it's really frustrating that Microsoft makes things so unideal and tough for us users. The new SSD is connected to the computer through a USB 3.0 to SATA cable, so right now it's external. My computer still runs using the old failing HDD, so I need to get this done...
  8. How to remove Windows system files from old hard drive

How to remove Windows system files from old hard drive: I bought a new PC that has Windows 10 pre-installed. I'm using the old 1TB drive from the previous system as a data drive. Let's call it the D: drive. The D: drive used to be the boot drive and has lots of Windows system files on it that I want to delete to free up space....
  9. How can I Transfer old system files from old windows 10 into new system files in windows 10

How can I Transfer old system files from old windows 10 into new system files in windows 10: I bought a new windows 10 computer. I want to integrate my old system drive into my new computer. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-old-system-files-from-old/6f003fc5-b49e-48c2-bf85-87f4f5e60db3
  10. How to integrate old system files with new system files in windows 10

How to integrate old system files with new system files in windows 10: I bought a new computer. I want to use the C system drive from my old computer. Can I use or integrate any of my old system files into my new C system drive files? If not, how do I remove the old system files so what is left can be integrated? Can I save any saved game...