Windows 10: Windows 10 and older intel processors

Discus and support Windows 10 and older intel processors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So....perhaps somebody can straighten me out here. From most things I've read Dell and Microsoft made the decision to not support some of the older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cadman2011, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 and older intel processors

So....perhaps somebody can straighten me out here. From most things I've read Dell and Microsoft made the decision to not support some of the older processors for Windows 10. Indeed when I look at compatibility charts it shows my Dell Precision 4600 with the Core i7-2860QM is on the list of unsupported processors, but...I have also read that early Windows 10 builds supported the older processors, and the below link refers to someone running windows 10 with almost the identical board only I have the M2000 graphics and not the M1000. So what gives here? I would really to go to Windows 10 for a number of reasons (including but not limited to .Net framework and Windows update issues), but I don't want to open a whole new can of worms trying to jam a square peg into a round hole. Are there any viable solutions? All those venturing to tell me it's old and "buy a new computer"can save your breath. This was a top of the line unit in 2012 and was over the $4000 mark. When I boot it next to a 2017-2018 Dell Precision running Windows 10 mine is only slighter slower (even though Windows 10 is supposed to be faster booting than 7 was). Performance-wise I can't justify the business decision to spend nearly $6000 to replace it with a similarly equipped unit.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...cpu-core/5a2fee4a-eb03-42d9-9047-8b89fdf81065

Thanks!

:)

Cadman2011, Apr 9, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Apr 9, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 and older intel processors

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 and older intel processors

1. Windows 10 and older intel processors - Similar Threads - older intel processors

2. Why is the Intel i7-6500U processor not supported for Win 11 while older processors such as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Intel i7-6500U processor not supported for Win 11 while older processors such as...: I saw a similar question answered as the 6500U is older and does not have some security feature in it. I highly doubt that the Celeron from 1998 has that security feature either, yet it is supported for Win 11. Perhaps there is some newer instructions that are used when using...
  3. Why is the Intel i7-6500U processor not supported for Win 11 while older processors such as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the Intel i7-6500U processor not supported for Win 11 while older processors such as...: I saw a similar question answered as the 6500U is older and does not have some security feature in it. I highly doubt that the Celeron from 1998 has that security feature either, yet it is supported for Win 11. Perhaps there is some newer instructions that are used when using...
  4. Windows 10 on Intel Z690 Chipset I9 12th Gen Intel processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Intel Z690 Chipset I9 12th Gen Intel processor: Hello I was wondering if someone can help.I have an exising windows 10 Pro activated on my current pc its a 6th gen Intel and an old Asus MotherboardI am planning to build a new machine with a new motherboard and a new processor and planning to install Windows 10 on the new...
  5. Windows 10 on Intel Z690 Chipset I9 12th Gen Intel processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on Intel Z690 Chipset I9 12th Gen Intel processor: Hello I was wondering if someone can help.I have an exising windows 10 Pro activated on my current pc its a 6th gen Intel and an old Asus MotherboardI am planning to build a new machine with a new motherboard and a new processor and planning to install Windows 10 on the new...
  6. Windows 10 on Intel Z690 Chipset I9 12th Gen Intel processor

7. Supported Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Supported Intel Processor: My system has an I5-7200U Intel processor. System check for Windows 11 shows this processor does not meet requirement. Looking at the supported Intel processors list it shows that the I5-7200U is supported. Is it supported or not. Thanks for the help....
  8. Supported Intel Processor

Supported Intel Processor: My system has an I5-7200U Intel processor. System check for Windows 11 shows this processor does not meet requirement. Looking at the supported Intel processors list it shows that the I5-7200U is supported. Is it supported or not. Thanks for the help....
  9. Windows and Intel intalling older version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows and Intel intalling older version.: Hey im currently trying to play Star wars Battlefront 2 with my son. when i try to lunch the game it tells me my driver is old and i should update to Intel driver 15.33. I go to intels website and download the 15.33 version. but when i try to install it it installs an older...
  10. Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor: I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but I wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i5 processor in the place of AMD. But I have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are seen to be different....