Windows 10: Windows 10 and one drive

Discus and support Windows 10 and one drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to know what gives any of the three online cloud drives permission to take over your C drive destroy your file system and subsequently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by William.Robb886, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 and one drive

I would like to know what gives any of the three online cloud drives permission to take over your C drive destroy your file system and subsequently cause you to lose needed files? This happened to me after an automatic update which caused my start icons to disappear and subsequently my file system to become messed up so that many of my needed programs would not work. Little did I know that this was the tip of the iceberg and that one of the three external cloud drives had taken over my C Drive and stolen a lot of my original work that was supposedly highly secure. I also discovered that this online cloud based storage drives had not only taken date from a flash drive but also from My WD external HDD. additionally I discovered that nothing you delete is deleted forever from the recycle bin as you are informed it does. I discovered this after an automatic update caused over 4,000 errors in my filing system and registry. When I got my files almost normal a message, form one of the external cloud drives popped up on my monitor asking me if I wanted the files I deleted restored to my computer. The final straw was when I looked at the URL at the top of my original word docs were not mine but were the property of one of the online cloud storage drives.

The following appears at the top of the discussion board. Maybe we should change it to read beware of any cloud based storage systems for you run the chance of having your computer taken over, your filing system destroyed and many of your programs rendered useless as well as whatever word processing system you use. I am writing this because all this happened to me and cost me in access of 8 computers and I feel that authorities of countries as well as international police forces should do all they can to bring this illegal invasion of our privacy yo an end

Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact https://support.microsoft.com/contactus if you need help.

This is a public community. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, or credit card number.

Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact https://support.microsoft.com/contactus if you need help.

This is a public community. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, or credit card number.

:)

William.Robb886, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 and one drive

little cat, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and one drive

1. Windows 10 and one drive - Similar Threads - drive

2. Network Drive Connection Issue - Auto Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drive Connection Issue - Auto Connect: Win 10 Pro desktop A desktop needs to connect to another Win 10 Pro shared drive. In the mornings when they boot the desktop the connection comes up with a red X for no connection. If they click the connection icon it goes green and they can use the shared folder. The...
  3. I don't have permission my external hard drive.

I don't have permission my external hard drive.: I can't download or change anything inside my hard drive. Everytime i try to do so i get the Message "You dont have permission to do this" even though i am admin on my PC. This is the 2nd time i have this problem, last time i just formated the Whole disk and it worked fine...
  4. How do I share my one drive files with outside people

How do I share my one drive files with outside people: How do I share my one drive files with outside people https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-my-one-drive-files-with-outside/aa9ebff3-b800-4b08-924c-d731e77841cf"
  5. opening backup files from a jump drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opening backup files from a jump drive: I backed up files from a computer that won't boot using the onscreen Microsoft instruction, and I want to open them on another computer to be sure they are all there before I do a complete restore on the one that won't boot. No matter how long I look, I can't find out how...
  6. External Hard Drive suddenly not accepting files

External Hard Drive suddenly not accepting files: I have a brand new external hard drive "Samsung" Model # HX-M202TCB/G M3 Portable 2TB. Was working great, I started to download external music files to it, everything was going fine, then suddenly the drive just stopped accepting files. (still 98% free) Was getting I/O...
  7. Lost My Documents on drive D after committing stupid error

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost My Documents on drive D after committing stupid error: Running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte motherboard based tower PC. Have the OS on an SSD and I had mapped "My Documents" to an HDD, assigned drive letter D with volume name "Stores". The install is about 3 years old I stupidly disconnected the HDD with assigned drive letter D and...
  8. External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive: For some reason it changed from USB Drive to Local Disk. Now i cant use a Label Name (like MyDrive). I try to change the drive Letter and still nothing happen. When i plug the USB Driver to an other computer i see it again as a local driver. If i go to Properties -> Label...
  9. Flash Card Drive.

Flash Card Drive.: Computer can not display SD Flash Card when inserted in drive. When clicking and opening File Explore all other drives are visible and accessible. However when SD Flash card inserted it not visible and accessible even drive letter is also not display....
  10. Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Windows 10 Home and USB flash drives: All of a sudden no USB flush drive (different makes) seem to be recognised by Windows but it does recognise USB external drive. I have uninstalled the flush drives in Device manager, power off the pc and power it on again and tried the flush drives again but to no avail!...