Windows 10: Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!!

Discus and support Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HELP PLEASE!! This is more to get the attention of a tech who works for Microsoft or whomever, but I had to let this all out. I can't begin to tell you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lucille j gumbus, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!!

HELP PLEASE!! This is more to get the attention of a tech who works for Microsoft or whomever, but I had to let this all out. I can't begin to tell you how frustrated and upset I am. I am no techie, and I've spent the last 2 weeks going from one Windows 10 issue to another. Now, I believe Onedrive has ruined most of my 6 GB of photos from the last 1 1/2 years. Windows 10 literally took over my 2 PC's, and was just doing whatever. First I had a stuck new user blue screen update, for a profile I didn't make, mind you. Next, it was the "black screen of death", and that was lovely to get out of. There were 3 other "known" issues that I can't even remember now, because I am just at that point. The most recent is a corrupted user profile, and I finally said enough yesterday. I got thrown into a Work Group because they got rid of Home Group, it's not necessary anymore they said. I don't know how many times I kept telling them that it's only ME on MY three PC's at HOME with 2 user profiles each, like you're supposed to have. I told a rep yesterday what was going on, after I noticed most of my photos on my one PC not corrupted user profile were pulled off, and put on my other PC into the CORRUPTED user profile, where they were unreadable. All my photos were moved around,and out, and I was left with empty folders. What is the sense of having PC names & or them plastering your email on the screen brilliant Since Windows 10 failed to acknowledge that it was ONLY me, there were all these user profiles that I ran across in the system!! I had used up the free 5 GB they give you, and was on my 2nd 1 GB paying once a month for them to not roll it over, cause nothing has been moved into the cloud for awhile I noticed. My photos were in the cloud and available on my PC's, and I had different stuff on both PC's. I've been trying to get assistance for 2 weeks, when this nightmare began, and I was greeted with two "accidental" hang ups during the first week. Why aren't my photos up in the cloud? There is hardly anything there, and that shouldn't be. I have no other backups, Onedrive WAS my safe place. Then, I thought...oh good, they should all be in the Windows 10 "Photos" app I use to view my photos, cause they just store there. Well, guess what? It looks like Onedrive took over the Photos viewer app, and pulls them out of there!! I've spent the last 2 weeks reading & fixing, repeat, repeat, to only wind up with almost NOTHING. Now, my email is down I find out, so I don't know if the Onedrive support ever got back to me a 2nd time yesterday. It looks like they found "some" out of my 6 GB, cause they were put into one of my user profiles. They were telling me to come here to the community and ask for help, and read some help articles for a solution, lol, really? They don't know what the solution is? After the last two weeks I've had, I've done quite enough of playing a techie, doing nothing but reading and fixing. I believe I'm due some real help now, since I've endured two weeks of it on my own. I'd really appreciate some help, cause I can no longer go on like this. Thank you, in advance

:)

lucille j gumbus, Apr 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!!

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!!

1. Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!! - Similar Threads - Onedrive beyond frustrated

2. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.: Need I say more than error 0x8007001F while installing Minecraft? I think not. I've tried everything, to the point where I even wiped my hard drive. I've just about had it....
  3. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.: Need I say more than error 0x8007001F while installing Minecraft? I think not. I've tried everything, to the point where I even wiped my hard drive. I've just about had it....
  4. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive : Puzzled and frustrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive : Puzzled and frustrated: MS WINDOWS 10 HOME 64-BIT 10.0.19041 I'll admit I dislike OneDrive intensely and wish MS had never bundled it in Win10 but I hope I will feel differently if I maybe understood it better. I have scanned some of your tutorials but I am still confused by the following : 1)...
  6. Macrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief: Is there any absolute fix for the Macrium Reflect VSS issue that they must know plaques the free and assuming the paid version. I have been looking for a method for imaging the windows partition on my system for a while. I don't buy software till I know it works and...
  7. Please Help Me WITH THIS ISSUE, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help Me WITH THIS ISSUE, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING: [ATTACH] The surface laptop 2 after a quite usage period, Shows a blue screen of death (BSOD), with the stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, I have tried every internet tutorial to solve this error, The following results are: During the memory diagnostic (Ran a memory...
  8. Windows Photos + OneDrive - Please help, I'm really frustrated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos + OneDrive - Please help, I'm really frustrated.: I have around 20,000 photos which I store on OneDrive. There are so many missing features in OneDrive related to photos management and organization, so I naturally thought that I will use Windows 10 Photos app as client software to organize these photos on OneDrive. The...
  9. ONEDRIVE HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE HELP PLEASE: Ever since i got onedrive i have had nothing but issues with it. When i try to stop syncing my files it says to wait for the file to stop syncing although it never stops. The limit is 5gb however it still continues although it says i'm already maxed out. I have tried to get...
  10. OneDrive help please

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive help please: Hi. I recently purchased a OneDrive subscription and am having a problem with it not fully syncing my music folder. Locally my music is saved in the Music folder->Artist->Album->Tracks. OneDrive is only syncing the Artist and Album titles but no tracks. All my photos...