Windows 10: windows 10 and onedrive sync was enable and i didnt want it

Discus and support windows 10 and onedrive sync was enable and i didnt want it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a refurbish hp pavilion laptop that came with windows 10 and product key. when I activated windows 10 hoping for fresh new start because my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lettiee, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Lettiee Win User

windows 10 and onedrive sync was enable and i didnt want it

I bought a refurbish hp pavilion laptop that came with windows 10 and product key. when I activated windows 10 hoping for fresh new start because my old dell inspiron 1555 has been trouble especially with windows 10 update issues. once I activated windows 10 on my HP laptop I was asked to sign into micorsoft account or create one. so I used same email outlook account that was used on my old dell laptop for personal reasons, once done my new laptop was looking like a twin to old laptop. what happen was one drive sync to cloud was enable and it brought over all the files, downloads, etc that I had syncing to one drive and windows 10 on new hp laptop had sync enable under windows 10 settings. I didn't want any of this . I only wanted to keep my email account and use it on new laptop. my old laptop has issues , files corrupted an that's reaon why I want fresh new start with new laptop with windows 10 . how can I undo all this mess off my laptop . please help me

:)

Lettiee, Mar 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 and onedrive sync was enable and i didnt want it - Similar Threads - onedrive sync was

2. After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear: Hi everyone!I enable Windows Sandbox, restart computer and nothing happen, i get only error when restarting: powershell.exeThe operation was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes...
  3. After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear: Hi everyone!I enable Windows Sandbox, restart computer and nothing happen, i get only error when restarting: powershell.exeThe operation was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes...
  4. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  5. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  6. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything: I was prompted by Windows: "Let finish setting up your device", and decided to just continue this time instead of pressing "remind me later". I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft email. Previously, they were not synced, as I wanted to keep them separate....
  7. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything: I was prompted by Windows: "Let finish setting up your device", and decided to just continue this time instead of pressing "remind me later". I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft email. Previously, they were not synced, as I wanted to keep them separate....
  8. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

9. I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to?: I have a folder that I want to keep ON my computer and I don't want to sync or be uploaded to onedrive. How do I make this happen? I selected "always keep on my device" but I went to the onedrive and all the files are sync. I don't want them on the cloud. Thanks for...
  10. I don't want OneDrive Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want OneDrive Syncing: When I boot my machine which is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive. It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an...