Windows 10: Windows 10 and Parallels

Discus and support Windows 10 and Parallels in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 to use with Parallels on my Mac. I loaded it and it was running fine with Parallels, registered it using the product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ArthurWest1, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 and Parallels

I purchased Windows 10 to use with Parallels on my Mac. I loaded it and it was running fine with Parallels, registered it using the product key. Then, for some unknown reason, Windows 10 got deleted by Parallels. Now, when I have reloaded Windows 10 and try to activate it I get a message that the activation code is being used on another machine (one that now does not exist) and that I have to buy another copy of Windows 10. Is there any way to delete the prior virtual machine from your records as it has now disappeared? I'd like to use Windows 10 but it doesn't make any sense to have only one try at using the software with Parallels and if anything goes wrong that is the only chance you get and have to spend another $150 to buy another license key to use it on the exact same computer. Seems like gouging to me. Can you help?

:)

ArthurWest1, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2018
  3. parallels windows 10 mac

Hi Jan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

Just to clarify, you receive the error message while trying to install Windows 10, is that right?

I would suggest you to try the steps given in Parallel's Support page and check if it helps.

Installing Windows on your Mac using Parallels Desktop

If that doesn't help, please contact Parallel Support
    for further assistance. They will be better suited to guide you with this.

Hope this helps.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 14, 2018
  4. SMillson Win User

Windows 10 and Parallels

Loading Windows 10 onto Parallels

I downloaded Windows 10 onto my iMac. What are the steps to installing onto Parallels?

SMillson, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and Parallels

1. Windows 10 and Parallels - Similar Threads - Parallels

2. How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?: I just bought a license for Microsoft Win Home 11 64-bit All Lng PK Lic Online DwnLd NR KW9-00664, and was given a 25-character key. However, when I use that key to activate Windows 11 ARM in the Parallels virtual machine on Macbook Air M2, it get an error: The product key...
  3. How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?: I just bought a license for Microsoft Win Home 11 64-bit All Lng PK Lic Online DwnLd NR KW9-00664, and was given a 25-character key. However, when I use that key to activate Windows 11 ARM in the Parallels virtual machine on Macbook Air M2, it get an error: The product key...
  4. How to Upgrade from W10 parallels on intel Mac to W11 parallels on M3 Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Upgrade from W10 parallels on intel Mac to W11 parallels on M3 Mac: Currently, I have an 2017 iMac Intel based running Parallels V19 & MS W10 as a VM.I just bought an 2024 MacBook Air M3 based... I installed Parallels V19 moved the key to the new machine and then I installed W11. W11 now asks for activation.Supposedly, upgrading from W10 to...
  5. can more than 1 usb to Parallel port cables on windows 98 se

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can more than 1 usb to Parallel port cables on windows 98 se: I have a client how uses windows 98se on old computers for machines, they use 3 parallel ports my question is can those usb to parallel port cables instead of a physical port, can I plug 3 cables into 1 machine? I ask here as there is alot of mixed information out there, so...
  6. can more than 1 usb to Parallel port cables on windows 98 se

can more than 1 usb to Parallel port cables on windows 98 se: I have a client how uses windows 98se on old computers for machines, they use 3 parallel ports my question is can those usb to parallel port cables instead of a physical port, can I plug 3 cables into 1 machine? I ask here as there is alot of mixed information out there, so...
  7. I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...: I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software KrPanoI've tried deleting and reinstalling the KrPano Software multiple times and no .exe program from krpano seems to work....
  8. I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...

I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...: I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software KrPanoI've tried deleting and reinstalling the KrPano Software multiple times and no .exe program from krpano seems to work....
  9. I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I...: I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I bought a registration key windows 11 home but it does not work....
  10. I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I...

I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I...: I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I bought a registration key windows 11 home but it does not work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macbook pro running parallels for windows 10 why cant mi personalixe windows ?