Windows 10: Windows 10 and Printers

Discus and support Windows 10 and Printers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can no longer see my network printers in add printers or scanners.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shelley Geiger, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 and Printers

I can no longer see my network printers in add printers or scanners.

:)

Shelley Geiger, Jun 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 and Printers

Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 and Printers

1. Windows 10 and Printers - Similar Threads - Printers

2. Printer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer not working: I have a Canon Printer that I've been using for my job and i never had a problem with it before. I was gonna print some files today but it's not working for some reason.it shows ready to print but won't print....
  3. Printer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer not working: I have a Canon Printer that I've been using for my job and i never had a problem with it before. I was gonna print some files today but it's not working for some reason.it shows ready to print but won't print....
  4. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  5. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  6. Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?: Why in the name of all that is holy does Microsoft require me to turn on my printer in order to print a PDF? It's absurd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-force-me-turn-on-my-printer/e4c2a2e0-e341-4d24-bc43-83c3f3456588
  7. Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?

Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?: Why in the name of all that is holy does Microsoft require me to turn on my printer in order to print a PDF? It's absurd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-force-me-turn-on-my-printer/e4c2a2e0-e341-4d24-bc43-83c3f3456588
  8. Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to change language in my printer setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change language in my printer setting: Can you help me how to change language on this setting printerhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1NKWC0Sid2p31Sk5ysDZdaPMRl93S8yPo/view?usp=sharingOS: Windows 10Printer: Canon ip2770...
  10. How to change language in my printer setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change language in my printer setting: Can you help me how to change language on this setting printerhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1NKWC0Sid2p31Sk5ysDZdaPMRl93S8yPo/view?usp=sharingOS: Windows 10Printer: Canon ip2770...