Windows 10: Windows 10 and Samba - Raspberry Pi 3

Discus and support Windows 10 and Samba - Raspberry Pi 3 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know everyone in this forum is probably sick of this scenario but I would still like the input if you have it. I have searched the forum and I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GreatOffender, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 and Samba - Raspberry Pi 3

I know everyone in this forum is probably sick of this scenario but I would still like the input if you have it. I have searched the forum and I see that this is a common problem which is more often than not blamed on Samba. Could be but ...
    I am using a Toshiba S75-A laptop (older I know) but my problems vary depending on the day of the week.

Connecting to a Raspberry Pi 3 set up as an NAS with 2 portable drives connected. When the 2 drives are mapped it will only take a day or two before one of the drives becomes inaccessible and I get an error message telling me (paraphrasing) that I cannot connect to 2 drives using different credentials or something to that effect. Disconnect the drive and never find it on the network again or get the repeated error previously stated. If I disconnect both drives I am usually SOL for days as Windows 10 tells me I am using the wrong user/password combination. We all have good days and bad days but what's the problem? Nothing changes between the days it works and the days it stops.

Solutions?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

:)

GreatOffender, Sep 11, 2020

2. Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

I have a Raspberry Pi that is running samba to share with the Windows network. In Run, I enter \\Raspi and it comes right up with the appropriate shares. That means the samba shares are actually there, yet when I open Networks, all my computers are there except the Raspi.

To try to fix this:
    1. I rebooted both the Pi and my PC
    2. I double checked the samba configuration and checked it with testparm
    3. I made certain the samba and pi passwords are the same
    4. I found a list of PC services that need to be running and set them all to automatic

Again, all my PC's and some devices like my Roku and printer are visible, just not the Pi.

Suggestions?

PickyBiker, Sep 11, 2020
  3. windows 10 ARM ISO image for raspberry pi 3

I am trying to get a build for windows 10 ARM for raspberry pi 3.

From UUP dump I got the build for the following disc image file:

17134.1550.200602-1741.RS4_RELEASE_SVC_PROD1_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_A64FRE_EN-US

The WOA deployer for raspberry pi wants a .WIM windows image. Can you offer pointers on why I am unable to build a .WIM image?

Thanks,

Priya

PriyaNadathur, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 and Samba - Raspberry Pi 3

Brand new Raspberry Pi 2 comes with Windows 10 AND Ubuntu support !

sources

blobster21, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 and Samba - Raspberry Pi 3

1. Windows 10 and Samba - Raspberry Pi 3 - Similar Threads - Samba Raspberry

2. stop windows 11 failed samba login at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop windows 11 failed samba login at startup: I recently setup a new PC with Windows 11. I have a NAS and mapped network shares using the my NAS credentials without an issue. The problem is that Windows 11 insists on trying to login to the NAS on startup using my Microsoft credentials which, of course, fails. Any idea...
  3. stop windows 11 failed samba login at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stop windows 11 failed samba login at startup: I recently setup a new PC with Windows 11. I have a NAS and mapped network shares using the my NAS credentials without an issue. The problem is that Windows 11 insists on trying to login to the NAS on startup using my Microsoft credentials which, of course, fails. Any idea...
  4. Invalid credentials error when trying to open network samba drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid credentials error when trying to open network samba drive on Windows 11: Hi!I am trying to create a samba drive with an external hard drive connected to an old router Inteno DG301A and keep getting invalid credentials error when I try to access the drive through Windows file explorer. The credentials I enter are definitely the same that I created...
  5. Invalid credentials error when trying to open network samba drive on Windows 11

Invalid credentials error when trying to open network samba drive on Windows 11: Hi!I am trying to create a samba drive with an external hard drive connected to an old router Inteno DG301A and keep getting invalid credentials error when I try to access the drive through Windows file explorer. The credentials I enter are definitely the same that I created...
  6. Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares: I have problem to connect from Windows 11 to my sambashares on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS but to my sambashare on Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ the connection works. When I tested with Windows 10 I was able to connect both Ubuntu's and RaspberryPi's samba shares without problems....
  7. Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares

Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares: I have problem to connect from Windows 11 to my sambashares on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS but to my sambashare on Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ the connection works. When I tested with Windows 10 I was able to connect both Ubuntu's and RaspberryPi's samba shares without problems....
  8. windows 11 insists on me login into my samba instance with a microsoft user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 insists on me login into my samba instance with a microsoft user.: Hey running windows 11 on my laptop, and when ever I try to connect to my samba instance running on the local network it doesn't prompt me for username and password like it does on windows 10. I only have it configured for it to work with that spefic username / password....
  9. windows 11 insists on me login into my samba instance with a microsoft user.

windows 11 insists on me login into my samba instance with a microsoft user.: Hey running windows 11 on my laptop, and when ever I try to connect to my samba instance running on the local network it doesn't prompt me for username and password like it does on windows 10. I only have it configured for it to work with that spefic username / password....
  10. Windows 10 Save As dialog stuck when browsing my Samba server name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Save As dialog stuck when browsing my Samba server name: I am experiencing the following issue on the Windows 10 clients in my home network different computers.Whenever I try to Save As no matter what application and select my Samba server to browse my shares, the dialogue is "stuck" until I click cancel once. After cancelling...