Windows 10: Windows 10 and "Secure Boot"

Discus and support Windows 10 and "Secure Boot" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Regarding the Secure Boot feature introduced in Windows 8: Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality | Ars Technica First off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Victek, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Victek Win User

Windows 10 and "Secure Boot"

Regarding the Secure Boot feature introduced in Windows 8:

Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality | Ars Technica

First off am I understanding correctly that the Secure Boot option is actually enforced by UEFI and not by the OS? I'm seeing some concerns from people about being unable to upgrade to Windows 10 on older systems (BIOS) that don't support secure boot. That seems unlikely since Microsoft wants to push 10 to the whole Windows 7 base.

On the other hand it seems like folks who buy new systems with UEFI that doesn't include a Secure Boot switch are going to have problems with older or alternative operating systems...?

:)

Victek, Jun 2, 2015
  2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Windows 10 and "Secure Boot" :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Jun 2, 2015
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

1-hey ..! i did a format to my nokia n97 few days ago .. before i did the format i had the problem that sometimes when i go to photos its says " memory full close some applicartions ..." and now i have it again ! so i just wanna know how to
    solve this problem its really annoying !

2- my best music kind is trance ,, but i dont enjoy listening trance on my n97 coz music does'nt sound good for this kind of music .. so i want to know if there is a way to make n97 music sounds like x6 or even 5800 ( i guess ) .. through some
    application or through equalizer or whatever ! i dont wanna get another phone Windows 10 and "Secure Boot" :(

hope u help me .. ! thanks Windows 10 and "Secure Boot" :)

hitch_11, Jun 2, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2015
  5. genet Win User
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...s%2CAllReplies

genet, Jun 2, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    This is just a policy change for OEM's to get the Windows logo, and relates to how they set the defaults for their Firmware. It's not a technical requirement for Windows 10 itself. You don't need Secure Boot either for Bios or UEFI boots.

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  7. Victek Win User
    Thanks to everyone who replied and confirmed that Windows 10 does not require UEFI Secure Boot. The only thing problematic mentioned in this article...

Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality | Ars Technica

...is the possibility that the toggle for Secure Boot in newer UEFI systems will be removed. That seems like speculation at this point though.

Victek, Jun 2, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Can be designed, not, must be designed. To me it looks like the manufacturer have the choice. If they decide wrong, it will show up in sales. They're worried about Windows 10 lowering PC sales now because of the free upgrade, and being the "Last" Windows, I don't see them removing a switch, a Linux user shopping for a new PC needs. Or does Linux user money stink?*chuckle

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2015
  9. labeeman Win User
    A few of the Linux flavors do install in a secure boot machine.

labeeman, Jun 2, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    That's because they have signatures and cryptographic certificates.

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2015
  11. labeeman Win User
    Which would mean that switch does nothing except that the end user will have a hard time installing W7.

labeeman, Jun 2, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Please don't take this wrong, but is that a real loss?

I look in Seven Forums and 75% the posts are about BSOD's. Of course my last Win7 BSOD was in 2012 when I was experimenting with so called optimization software, but then I just re- imaged*Smile.

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2015
  13. labeeman Win User

Only for the people trying to stay on W7. I have one box on XP it runs the program I use it for 24/7 it is not broke yet. I have 2 boxes on W7 one cannot be upgraded to W10 due to no WMC that box is only used with that program the other W7 box is for the wife she can put anything she wants most of her computing time is now on Android. I have one Lappy on W10 that is mine to do as I please it looks like it will stay with W10 when it goes RTM. As far as OS I will use the one that works with what I am doing.

labeeman, Jun 2, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    I loved Win 7 when it came out(specially when the taskbar became the superbar) but glad I'll be able upgrade it to 10, so I can sync both my desktop and laptop even more(Win 7 has OneDrive and OneNote desktop too) so I can share files & changes, between the two, when I'm away with the laptiop.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and "Secure Boot" - Similar Threads - Secure Boot

2. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  3. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  4. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.: Hello,I want to update my Windows from 10 to 11. so I ran PC health checkup which detected that secure boot is not enabled on my windows. So in BIOS setting I changed boot from legacy to UEFI and enabled the secure boot but my windows is not starting after this. What should I...
  5. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.: Hello,I want to update my Windows from 10 to 11. so I ran PC health checkup which detected that secure boot is not enabled on my windows. So in BIOS setting I changed boot from legacy to UEFI and enabled the secure boot but my windows is not starting after this. What should I...
  6. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Activar secure boot en placa base asus b-450m-a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activar secure boot en placa base asus b-450m-a: He estado tratando de activar el secure boot en mi placa base pero indica como no compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activar-secure-boot-en-placa-base-asus-b-450m-a/563a21ab-af3e-4eae-bd79-90c78f44ff3e
  8. Activar secure boot en placa base asus b-450m-a

Activar secure boot en placa base asus b-450m-a: He estado tratando de activar el secure boot en mi placa base pero indica como no compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activar-secure-boot-en-placa-base-asus-b-450m-a/563a21ab-af3e-4eae-bd79-90c78f44ff3e
  9. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  10. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...