Windows 10: Windows 10 and security software

Discus and support Windows 10 and security software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All_ I would appreciate any feedbakcs with this query. Is there a need to install a third party-security antivirus program on the windows 10? Also,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mmoogui, Jan 13, 2019.

1. mmoogui Win User

Windows 10 and security software

Hi All_ I would appreciate any feedbakcs with this query. Is there a need to install a third party-security antivirus program on the windows 10? Also, I was recently required to scan and repair an external USB with the built-in windows defender but no luck so I wonder if there would be any issues with installing an antivirus program to my lap top.

:)

mmoogui, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 13, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 and security software capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and security software - Similar Threads - security software

2. many problem occur when downloading software and files, some security tool cannot be found...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many problem occur when downloading software and files, some security tool cannot be found...: After reset my laptop, some system component is missing and unavailable in my laptop for example system security, some software is missing such as microsoft store. Everytime when I want to download some software, there are something affecting the download state. HOW can i...
  3. many problem occur when downloading software and files, some security tool cannot be found...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many problem occur when downloading software and files, some security tool cannot be found...: After reset my laptop, some system component is missing and unavailable in my laptop for example system security, some software is missing such as microsoft store. Everytime when I want to download some software, there are something affecting the download state. HOW can i...
  4. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...: I am in total disagreement with this. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security setting in the properties section of a right click on a folder in me instance. I installed and had to browse to a particular folder and found a Creator...
  5. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...

Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...: I am in total disagreement with this. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security setting in the properties section of a right click on a folder in me instance. I installed and had to browse to a particular folder and found a Creator...
  6. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can we safely assume that the security update KB5034451 is a software issue and not a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we safely assume that the security update KB5034451 is a software issue and not a...: Microsoft Windows 10 Version 22H2 Security Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-safely-assume-that-the-security-update/758c1d84-3f7b-47d1-a020-1e0e881b63f4
  8. Can we safely assume that the security update KB5034451 is a software issue and not a...

Can we safely assume that the security update KB5034451 is a software issue and not a...: Microsoft Windows 10 Version 22H2 Security Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-safely-assume-that-the-security-update/758c1d84-3f7b-47d1-a020-1e0e881b63f4
  9. If your Windows PC freezes, Avira security software may be the culprit

in Windows 10 News
    If your Windows PC freezes, Avira security software may be the culprit: A recent update for Avira antivirus software for Windows seems to have a negative impact on system stabilization for some users. For a couple of days, Avira users have reported issues with the antivirus software on their Windows machines. Most users report freezes on...
  10. Why Windows 11 Security does not detect a spying software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows 11 Security does not detect a spying software: Recently I was working with Python development. As a hobby project I developed a Python script to snoop on user activity. The script I developed logs the window names that user opens and also take screenshots of user screen after defined intervals. In a layman term, this...