Windows 10: Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs

Discus and support Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have repeatedly encountered a strange behavior on both Windows 10 and Server 2016. On systems with a static IP, after a reboot, sometime the adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew_Barzyk, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs

I have repeatedly encountered a strange behavior on both Windows 10 and Server 2016. On systems with a static IP, after a reboot, sometime the adapter comes up with a self-assigned IPv4 address (169.254.x.x). When you check the adapter's properties, the static is still set, but when you do an IPCONFIG, it is using the self-assigned address -- sometimes with the proper statically-assigned gateway.

To fix it I must either disable and re-enable the port or reboot the system. It happens randomly to servers and workstations with static IPs across all of our subnets.

Is this happening to anyone else?

:)

Andrew_Barzyk, Aug 14, 2018

2. Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 14, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs

Static IP With Windows 10 and HP Zbook

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not connecting to a router. I'm hard wired to a modem device that does not have DHCP so I need a static ip to set my IP address to the correct subnet. It works on another machine doing the exact same steps.

In my question I already checked ipconfig and it shows the correct ip/netmask on the dell machine that works and the HP that does not.

NateElmore, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs

1. Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs - Similar Threads - Server 2016 having

2. window server 2016 standard have crash file issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window server 2016 standard have crash file issue: We have window server 2016 having purchased license. we are facing crashing files issues in our server, we have installed antivirus which is automatically disable and not running in window. Some other application not working properly. We have checked in event log view details...
  3. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  4. Static ip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  5. Static ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Most PC users are looking for ways to enhance their computer privacy. Using dynamic […] This article Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Static IP settings for windows 10

Static IP settings for windows 10: Let me explain you my query : I've wifi adaptor which provides me wireless internet and uses dhcp to get ip. I've installed oracle in my windows 10 machine for which i need to use static ip address. Now when I ping my computer name it gives me IPV6 or DHCP ip adress...
  8. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  9. I have static IP adress, but it shows me another server in the games

I have static IP adress, but it shows me another server in the games: I have static IP adress, but it shows me another server in the games. Please help the server with my static IP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-static-ip-adress-but-it-shows-me-another/4a7e25b6-ae80-4904-956b-022d3732672d
  10. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....