Windows 10: Windows 10 and SHA2 web certificates

Discus and support Windows 10 and SHA2 web certificates in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I maintain 2 webservers that host identical websites. 1 is a dmz box running a SHA1 certificate, the other is an internal server that has a SHA2... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by diehardjon, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Windows 10 and SHA2 web certificates

I maintain 2 webservers that host identical websites. 1 is a dmz box running a SHA1 certificate, the other is an internal server that has a SHA2 certificate. Internal users, utilizing Windows 10, get cert errors. If they hit the SHA1 server (same software) no cert errors, and they access the website without issue. I am stumped on this one, and any help would be appreciated.

:)

diehardjon, Jun 22, 2016
  2. NormanZ Win User

Parallels 10.2.2 Broke Windows 10 developers preview!!

This problem exists with the new Windows 10 Anniversary edition as well.

The file has two digital certificates attached. The Parallels one is a sha1 certificate and the other a Microsoft Third Party certificate which is sha256.

The sha256 has an expiry date of April 2016.

I believe that everyone was being pushed to move off sha1 to sha2 owing to the former being near to being hacked. The big companies, like Microsoft, were going to kill off support for these. Perhaps this is the start. There will be a manual turn off for
    checking in Windows but a replacement dll would be the real solution.

Is it a simple case that the dll needs recompiling with the sha2 encryption?

NormanZ, Jun 22, 2016
  3. bbao Win User
    SMTP settings to access Outlook emails on E72

Downloaded and applied all certificates inclduing the SHA2 ones. Gravity now does not prompt for any certificate warning but Nokia Email still cannot send out any Outlook.com emails.

Thema:

Windows 10 and SHA2 web certificates

1. Windows 10 and SHA2 web certificates - Similar Threads - SHA2 web certificates

2. Windows 10 installation Certification Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation Certification Problems: Hi,The problem first signs is i cant get Updates working as they error out. Another is i cant download from the Microsoft Store anything: Code: 0x80248014First my Clock was out of sync. I had go via old Control Panel to Sync it as Windows 10 own was greyed out or lacked the...
  3. Certificates on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Certificates on Windows: Hey! Today I've created a certificate, yesterday as well, I think, to encrypt one of my files, on a local user that has no admin rights, it is a standard user. I have 2 questions: in case I've deleted a certificate that is not created by me, is that dangerous? I mean I am...
  4. Windows Certificate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Certificate: How do I know if my certificate is expired? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-certificate/0b8c35b7-fc77-4ec2-a29e-9065a9e97470
  5. windows 10 and web

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 and web: All photos in windows ands on web look like negatives... What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-web/d6cc6309-ce80-4f1d-bc2c-15ecfb517716
  6. Windows certificates..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows certificates..: My antivirus just issued a certificate for my router..it was strange because before I only had warning that site was insecure but now I have verified certificate for my router and edge display that the page is safe for the first time.. Then I went to control panel, internet...
  7. Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate: Hi, got a new vpn solution setup at work that uses machine certificates on our laptops for authentication. im trying to setup the vpn ... i select IKEv2 as the authentication type and then i get the extra option for machine certificates. but it tries to connect, looks...
  8. Windows 10 certification

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 certification: Does anyone know where you can get certified on Windows 10. I would like to know where to start the procedure of learning Windows 10. Thanks 120350
  9. Certificate web page expire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certificate web page expire: I trying to used my desktop computer and there a few pages that says certificated expire and the address bar is red with an X how can i install those certificated windows 7 explorer 11 thank plz help...
  10. Problem with certificate for my web email

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with certificate for my web email: I know I have the correct settings. I keep getting a message saying that there is a problem with the certificate with my isp email account on windows 10. How can I fix this? I've deleted the account and re-added it back on. I've double-checked the settings and they're fine....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 1803 support SHA2 certificates for WIFI authentication