Windows 10: Windows 10 and Solitaire

Discus and support Windows 10 and Solitaire in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, My complaint is that I am very dissatisfied that Windows 7 was taken away. I upgraded to 10 and now not all is as smooth or fast on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ginny79, May 19, 2020.

1. Ginny79 Win User

Windows 10 and Solitaire

Greetings,

My complaint is that I am very dissatisfied that Windows 7 was taken away. I upgraded to 10 and now not all is as smooth or fast on my Dell computer. Before everything was perfect. I know it's all about making money but it sure seems unfair to throw something away that was still working to get something not as good. The laptop had to be replaced but my desktop took the upgrade but not as good as before.

Also, now that I have Windows 10 and play a simple game as solitaire, I get advertisements unless I upgrade for a price. Can you get these games without advertisements without more money?

These are my concerns and feelings, I really wanted to express this to Microsoft.

Ginny

:)

Ginny79, May 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Solitaire Collection - Stopped working - Windows 10

Hi Frank,

It is possible that the
    components were corrupted
    during the update causing your
    Solitaire Collection
    to
    crash. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and run the application again:

Method 1: Run the Windows Store Application Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter, click this
    link.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Method 3: Reset Windows Store.

To
    reset Windows Store, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows Key + R
      to open the
      run window.

• Type
      WSReset.exe
      and hit
      Enter.

• Open
      Windows Store
      and
      sign-in
      with your
      Microsoft Account.

• Run
      the
      Solitaire Collection.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 19, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 and Solitaire

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 and Solitaire

1. Windows 10 and Solitaire - Similar Threads - Solitaire

2. MS Solitaire Collection Dailey challenge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection Dailey challenge: Today 4/19/24 in MS Solitaire Pyramid daily challenge is unsolvable. There are 2 tens with 3 threes blocking them. You can't remove 3 threes with only 2 tens available....
  3. MS Solitaire Collection Dailey challenge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Solitaire Collection Dailey challenge: Today 4/19/24 in MS Solitaire Pyramid daily challenge is unsolvable. There are 2 tens with 3 threes blocking them. You can't remove 3 threes with only 2 tens available....
  4. Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games - Sukoku Daily Challenge states I do not have internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games - Sukoku Daily Challenge states I do not have internet...: I play all the games in this suite of games and Sudoku is the only one that I have this issue with all the other games, i.e. Solitaire, Ultimate Word Games, Jigsaw, Mahjong. It states on Sudoku that I need internet connection to play when I have played all the other games no...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games - Sukoku Daily Challenge states I do not have internet...

Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games - Sukoku Daily Challenge states I do not have internet...: I play all the games in this suite of games and Sudoku is the only one that I have this issue with all the other games, i.e. Solitaire, Ultimate Word Games, Jigsaw, Mahjong. It states on Sudoku that I need internet connection to play when I have played all the other games no...
  6. Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account: Hello, My dad has been playing microsoft solitaire for quite a while, but has never signed in. He has reached level 1400 as a guest, but now his computer is starting to slow down. He is worried that if he gets a new computer that he will lose all of his progress. Is there a...
  7. Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account

Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account: Hello, My dad has been playing microsoft solitaire for quite a while, but has never signed in. He has reached level 1400 as a guest, but now his computer is starting to slow down. He is worried that if he gets a new computer that he will lose all of his progress. Is there a...
  8. Why does this advisory stay on screen for 7 seconds in Spider Solitaire?

Why does this advisory stay on screen for 7 seconds in Spider Solitaire?: Spider Solitaire has been changed for the worse at least in Windows 10. I am greatly annoyed by the advisory popping up at the bottom of the playing field that says “Build each card stack in order from high to low.” Everyone knows that! And then it stays on screen for a...
  9. Why does this advisory stay on screen for 7 seconds in Spider Solitaire?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this advisory stay on screen for 7 seconds in Spider Solitaire?: Spider Solitaire has been changed for the worse at least in Windows 10. I am greatly annoyed by the advisory popping up at the bottom of the playing field that says “Build each card stack in order from high to low.” Everyone knows that! And then it stays on screen for a...
  10. What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....

What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....: What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It has been a long while? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-status-of-fixing-the-problems-logging/9f6fef8b-a7ef-437e-ba88-474f4a8350f5