Windows 10: Windows 10 and Support for Dell 3000cn colour laser printer

Discus and support Windows 10 and Support for Dell 3000cn colour laser printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm about to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Does Windows 10 support the Dell 3000cn colour laser printer. Do I have to get a new driver if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by keithet, Aug 8, 2015.

1. keithet Win User

Windows 10 and Support for Dell 3000cn colour laser printer

I'm about to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Does Windows 10 support the Dell 3000cn colour laser printer. Do I have to get a new driver if I upgrade to W10?

Thanks,
    Keith

:)

keithet, Aug 8, 2015

2. Unable to print in Dell 3000cn laser printer after Upgrading to Windows 10.

Windows 10 automatically updated to my computer and now I can no longer print pdf files, my emails, bank statements, etc, etc. Its not my printer because some older files will still print. When I goto print it recognizes my printer but I keep gettin this
    error message. "We couldn't reach this printer. Make sure the printer is on and you are connected to the printer's newtwork, or try a different printer." I'm using a Dell 3000cn laser printer. For the love of god someone help me out here, some frustrating.

Original title: I CAN'T PRINT anymore !!

The Carpet Man., Aug 8, 2015
  3. Unable to print in Dell 3000cn laser printer after Upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

Please try the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run inbuilt printer troubleshooter.

Note: If your computer is having problems printing, try using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that a printer is connected to your computer, and it checks for common issues such as whether the printer has enough paper and
    toner to complete printing your document.

1. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Click Troubleshooting.

3. Now click on view all option.

4. Click on printer and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers
    or missing updates.

Method3:

If the issue still persist, you may refer to the below links to dell website and try the troubleshooting steps explained.

Support für Dell 3000cn Color Laser Printer | Support-Themen und -Artikel | Dell Deutschland

Installieren von Druckertreibern einer früheren Windows-Version | Dell Deutschland

Hope you could fix your printer issue.

Let us know if you have any further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 8, 2015
  4. gator2013 Win User

I doubt if anyone can answer this unless they have had direct, first hand experience. I am inclined to say yes but I would encourage you to search the net for an answer and try to see what the manufacturer has to say. If having the printer available is extremely important I would wait for an answer and confirmation before you proceed.

gator2013, Aug 8, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Aug 8, 2015
  6. neomatter Win User
    Hi Keith,

I have a Dell Colour Laser 3010cn model. Unfortunately, we are dealing with legacy devices. The best to do is to download the latest driver (in my case Windows 7 x64; which is actually Vista x64 drivers). Then you need to manually install the drivers. If you setup network printing, you will need to find the printer via TCP/IP. I use my router to set a static IP for the printer in case of this. It will prompt you for drivers. In which you will choose have disk. Navigate to the folder that has the proper driver and install it. Everything should work after that. I have 2 legacy devices that are no longer supported (this being one of them). From experience, any drivers from Vista age will work.

The drivers you will have to get directly from Dell's site. Run the .exe and then navigate to the Dell folder in C:\ drive (provided you didn't change the default setting) when manually installing the driver.

Edit: You will run into errors if you use classic control panel to change some properties of the printer, but it will print documents, pdfs, etc.

neomatter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and Support for Dell 3000cn colour laser printer - Similar Threads - Support Dell 3000cn

2. Brother laser printer not being recognized by windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother laser printer not being recognized by windows 10 & 11: My system includes a windows 10 desktop, two w.10 laptops, and a new windows 11 desktop. I have 2 printers: an Epson ecotank 3 years old and a 12 year old Brother laser printer. Everything in my home network works perfectly – except for the Brother printer. It does not...
  3. Brother laser printer not being recognized by windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brother laser printer not being recognized by windows 10 & 11: My system includes a windows 10 desktop, two w.10 laptops, and a new windows 11 desktop. I have 2 printers: an Epson ecotank 3 years old and a 12 year old Brother laser printer. Everything in my home network works perfectly – except for the Brother printer. It does not...
  4. Printer colour issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer colour issues: My printer is a few months old, however I have noticed that it is not printing pink. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-colour-issues/07d7d56d-ebf4-4bcd-8745-8021b2d95e4e
  5. laser jet color printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laser jet color printer: what does error79mean on my HP Laser Jet Color Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laser-jet-color-printer/94d7a79b-ba26-4675-b615-e1f9af49133b
  6. Dell 1710 laser printer problem

Dell 1710 laser printer problem: Hello, I have a dell 1710 laser printer installed on my Lenovo helix. I had the Lenovo and an HP desktop connected to the printer via a switch so that I could share the printer. I was not using the HP desktop so I removed the switch and connected the Lenovo directly. It has...
  7. Dell 1710 laser printer problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell 1710 laser printer problem: Hello, I have a dell 1710 laser printer installed on my Lenovo helix. I had the Lenovo and an HP desktop connected to the printer via a switch so that I could share the printer. I was not using the HP desktop so I removed the switch and connected the Lenovo directly. It has...
  8. Brother Laser Printers

Brother Laser Printers: We have a Brother HL-3170CDW printer and a Brother HL-2170 printer and both of them started printing very faint, black text so faint that it is had to read. Have the latest printer firmware installed and the latest printer drivers. This is a problem with bot Windows 10 and...
  9. Laser Printer Samsung clp-315 and Windows 10

Laser Printer Samsung clp-315 and Windows 10: Will a Samsung Printer CLP-315 work under Windows 10? What driver will be best? Does anyone have successfully installed a printer driver for CLP-315 and got it to work with Windows 10? HP support in Germany claims, the printer CLP-315 is not compatible with Windows 10....
  10. Two icons for same laser printer

Two icons for same laser printer: Up until the April 2018 update, I have always been able to setup two icons for my Brother HL-2270DW laser printer. One set to Duplex, the other set to non-Duplex. This has worked out well for me and my wife, especially for her. Can't doe it any more. See here in sevenforums:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make dell 3010cn work on windows 10