Windows 10: Windows 10 and the disappearing Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (SAC-T)

Discus and support Windows 10 and the disappearing Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (SAC-T) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When we first released Windows 10 in July 2015, we tried to explain the process by which servicing worked in what became known as the Current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 and the disappearing Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (SAC-T)

Source: Windows 10 and the "disappearing" SAC-T - Microsoft Tech Community - 199747

:)

Brink, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

How to stop Win 1803 update

Hello Keith,

The new update can cause compatibility problems such as device drivers not functioning correctly. In line with this, we suggest that you reach out to your device's manufacturer support for compatible drivers.

Regarding stopping updates, you can defer new feature updates and pause quality updates in the Settings app. However, these options are only available on
    Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise. Here's how:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Update & security > Windows Update > Advanced options.
    • Under Choose when updates are installed, select the readiness level: Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) or
      Semi-Annual Channel.
    • Select the number of days that you want to defer installing Windows 10 version 1803.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 12, 2018
  3. “Hybrid Laptops with discrete GPU connected to display” error when installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803)

Hi Greg,

So I got also stuck with the broken update process.

The following steps worked for me:

1: Open: Settings -> Update & Security -> Advanced Options

2: On Win Pro (my System) I changed the update cycle (branch readiness level) from "Semi-Annual Channel (targeted)" to "Semi-Annual Channel"

Suggestion for Win Home: You may try checking the Box for "Defer Feature Update".

3: I rebooted the system, to see if changing the setting alone helped. It didn't.

4: Then I deleted all downloaded update files following this description:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/11/16/how-to-delete-downloaded-windows-update-files/

5: Rebooted the System.

6: Manually Checked for Updates. And it worked:

- the broken Update dissapeared

- Windows defender defintion files were updated

And just recently the latest security patches installed als always.

The broken 1803-update still appears as failed update in the update history.

But every thing seems to be working fine again.

I also tried to remove the Update (failed, because you can only remove if it was installed) or restore from a restore point (started fine but failed with the message that some files couldn't be restored).

Good Luck

Bruce

Master Bruce, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and the disappearing Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (SAC-T)

1. Windows 10 and the disappearing Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (SAC-T) - Similar Threads - disappearing Semi Annual

2. Stuck on Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Stuck on Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel: I was originally on the current channel and in the process of trying to connect a work email it was changed to semi-annual enterprise channel on my home PC. I want to get back to the current channel but I am stuck. I tried using the OfficeC2RClient to change the channel to...
  3. Office 365 Semi-Annual Targeted v2002 build 12527.20278 - March 10

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Semi-Annual Targeted v2002 build 12527.20278 - March 10: Version 2002 (Build 12527.20278) Security updates listed here Feature updates Access Find linked tables fast: Our new search box makes finding linked tables a breeze. Learn more Excel Get their attention with @mentions: Use @mentions in comments to let co-workers know...
  4. Office 365 Semi-Annual (Targeted) v1908 build 11929.20516 - Dec. 10

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Semi-Annual (Targeted) v1908 build 11929.20516 - Dec. 10: Version 1908 (Build 11929.20516) Security updates listed here Resolved issues Access Fixed an issue where a Union query that includes references to remote tables (e.g. SQL Server tables) may cause Access to close and restart. Fixed an issue where aggregate like Sum may...
  5. Choose when updates are installed (Semi annual channel / Targeted) option disappeared in 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Choose when updates are installed (Semi annual channel / Targeted) option disappeared in 1909: [ATTACH] After updating to 1909, I don't see this option anymore under advanced settings in Windows update. Is this normal or bug? https://preview.redd.it/am208683any31.png?width=1163&format=png&auto=webp&s=9b8b5bdcb4d91bc3241771e37731e9789d43d1b1 submitted by...
  6. Office 365 Semi-Annual (Targeted) v1908 build 11929.20300 - Sept. 10

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Semi-Annual (Targeted) v1908 build 11929.20300 - Sept. 10: Version 1908: September 10 Version 1908 (Build 11929.20300) Security updates listed here Feature updates Access Zoom with more room: Make the Zoom box bigger, change the font, and Zoom remembers it all. Learn more Keep tabs on your database objects: Clearly see the active...
  7. Difference between Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (targeted) in regards to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (targeted) in regards to...: I have never had a problem with updates to my Win 10 laptop, 2 years now. But I have decided to have these updates installed a bit later. Instead of simply delaying my updates for a month, and then turning them back on manually, I think it would be better to simply move my...
  8. Office 365 Semi-Annual Targeted v1803 build 9126.2259 - July 10

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Semi-Annual Targeted v1803 build 9126.2259 - July 10: These release notes provide information about new features, security updates, and non-security updates that are included in Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) updates to Office 365 ProPlus in 2018. Note The following also provides information about new features, security...
  9. Windows Semi-Annual Channel and Targeted Deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Semi-Annual Channel and Targeted Deployment: As you may have already seen on the Windows Experience blog, yesterday we announced that the Windows 10 Creators Update is ready for broad deployment. Additionally, we announced a transition from the Current Branch (CB) and Current Branch for Business (CBB) model of Windows...
  10. Windows Server version 1803 Semi-Annual Channel update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server version 1803 Semi-Annual Channel update: UPDATE: Windows Server, version 1803 will be generally available for Software Assurance customers on May 7, 2018. You can access the VLSC portal on that date to download the bits. Last week we announced that Windows Server 2019, the next release in the Long-Term Servicing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. semi-annual channel vs targeted

2. windows 10 semi-annual channel vs targeted

3. difference between targeted updates

4. windows 10 semi-annual targeted vs channel,
  5. windows 1902 Semi-Annual Targeted not there,
  6. windows update semi annual vs targeted,
  7. sac sac targated,
  8. windows 10 semi-annual channel (sac) targeted,
  9. windows 10 semi-annual channel target,
  10. windows update difference between semi-annual vs targeted,
  11. channel not showing in windows update advanced options semi-annual semi-annual(targeted)