Windows 10: Windows 10 and Ubuntu

Discus and support Windows 10 and Ubuntu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I install Ubuntu on Windows 10 computer? It was not easy. There were errors! 165397 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kaulahuivi, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 and Ubuntu

How can I install Ubuntu on Windows 10 computer? It was not easy. There were errors!

:)

kaulahuivi, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2020
  3. rboppy Win User
    Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 and Ubuntu

Brand new Raspberry Pi 2 comes with Windows 10 AND Ubuntu support !

sources

blobster21, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 and Ubuntu

1. Windows 10 and Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Ubuntu

2. I tried dual booting Ubuntu 20.10 with existing Windows 10 install but Ubuntu's install...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I tried dual booting Ubuntu 20.10 with existing Windows 10 install but Ubuntu's install...: youtu.be/55NnSkuv3rM submitted by /u/InternationalFlow153 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgy6bi/i_tried_dual_booting_ubuntu_2010_with_existing/
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu with Windows10 already on it

Dual boot Ubuntu with Windows10 already on it: I want to dual boot Win10 and Ubuntu, more precisley I want to install Ubuntu on my laptop that already has a Win10. I checked my system it's UEFI so Grub should work fine for swirching between the operating systems (I'm guessing at least). My question is there something to...
  4. Windows10 Pro 2004 or Home does not Recognize Seagate 1TB BUP Slim HDD NTFS but Ubuntu...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 Pro 2004 or Home does not Recognize Seagate 1TB BUP Slim HDD NTFS but Ubuntu...: HI I have Music and videos copied on a Seagate from both Ubuntu and previously on Win7. I have not been able to used it on any of WIN10 PC and laptop but its been working fine on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and earlier versions laptop. To get around I use the Ubuntu laptop to share...
  5. Windows boot drive showing as Ubuntu in BIOS.

Windows boot drive showing as Ubuntu in BIOS.: My Windows boot drive isn't showing properly in BIOS after using Ubuntu. I have a 240GB SSD with Windows installed and an external 1TB HDD with Ubuntu in it. So, i restarted my pc to log into Windows again, but the SSD was showing as being an Ubuntu boot drive. From there, it...
  6. Computer not connecting to a wifi that works while connecting in ubuntu with zero problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not connecting to a wifi that works while connecting in ubuntu with zero problems: Hi, I've been having the following issue : My computer 6QE leopard pro with an old i5 and a gtx 950M simply DOES NOT see the wifi I have at home. Phones iPhone xs, old huawei, Samsung and another computer on windows 10 too are all working fine detecting the wifi and...
  7. Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot

Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot: Hi, I resize and moved partition where my windows boot was. Now I am unable to boot windows. Please help. Also, I would like to know the technical details of what happens and why it does not work. Thanks a lot! submitted by /u/last_iteration [link] [comments]...
  8. Helppp error while trying to boot Ubuntu from windows 10 via live USB

Helppp error while trying to boot Ubuntu from windows 10 via live USB: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LocalTman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2xezk/helppp_error_while_trying_to_boot_ubuntu_from/
  9. Help needed recovering Windows from dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help needed recovering Windows from dual boot with Ubuntu: Hi everyone, I dual booted Ubuntu on my laptop with Windows a little while back, and a big Windows update broke the bootloader so I cannot start up Windows now. Unfortunately I did not create a recovery drive prior to this, but I was considering going to...
  10. Persistant "update notifier" message in Ubuntu under WSL2

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Persistant "update notifier" message in Ubuntu under WSL2: I am running Ubuntu using WSL2. I am forever getting a popup message in Ubuntu from "Update notifier" telling me "Reboot is needed", but after powering down Ubuntu and restarting using the Ubuntu GUI, I keep getting this message. How can I stop it? I am running Ubuntu 20.04...