Windows 10: Windows 10 and uptime session

Discus and support Windows 10 and uptime session in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a brand new HP laptop and since the battery is of difficult access, I can not remove it and not use it, therefore I have to charge it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JCosta1968, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 and uptime session

Hello,

I have a brand new HP laptop and since the battery is of difficult access, I can not remove it and not use it, therefore I have to charge it, use the pc, then when the battery is empty recharge it again and on and on, which for someone that uses a laptop as a home fixed computer, is a drag...

Nevertheless, I wanted to know how long time the battery lasts using after a 100 full charge, and used Task Manager and selecting Performance bar to see how long the "Active Time" in the bottom shows.

Curious is if I shut down computer and press on power button, and after login into Windows, and opening Task Manager, the up time is not reset, that only changes if I do a Restart instead, than this counter starts again from zero minutes, so I wonder why the normal shut down won't reset the counter, only the restart, it should right? Please help.

Thanks

J.Costa

:)

JCosta1968, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 12, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 and uptime session

uptime

Long periods of uptime for Linux is expected, but what about 600+ days of uptime on a Windows server?

Windows 10 and uptime session Windows-603-Days-Uptime.png

Yes, the server is still in use, no it is not connected to the internet. I had to power it down after taking this screenshot to clone a failing hard drive.

newtekie1, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 and uptime session

1. Windows 10 and uptime session - Similar Threads - uptime session

2. Windows Task Manager>Performance>CPU>uptime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task Manager>Performance>CPU>uptime: Running Windows 11 23H2 22631.3085Has anyone else seen this?I powered on my system about 430am this morning. A little while ago I went into Task Manager>Performance>CPU and it was showing that my CPU uptime was a little over 10 hours.My system is set to Never Hibernate or...
  3. Windows Task Manager>Performance>CPU>uptime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task Manager>Performance>CPU>uptime: Running Windows 11 23H2 22631.3085Has anyone else seen this?I powered on my system about 430am this morning. A little while ago I went into Task Manager>Performance>CPU and it was showing that my CPU uptime was a little over 10 hours.My system is set to Never Hibernate or...
  4. Windows 11 unable to ping local IPv4 network after 1-2 minutes of uptime.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to ping local IPv4 network after 1-2 minutes of uptime.: The issue only occurs on Windows 11, on the same hardware I am able to use multiple version of Linux, Windows 10, Windows Preboot, and a FreeBSD live disk to ping the internal network without issue via both IPv4 directly with the IP and via DNS lookup. The issue arose after...
  5. Windows 11 unable to ping local IPv4 network after 1-2 minutes of uptime.

Windows 11 unable to ping local IPv4 network after 1-2 minutes of uptime.: The issue only occurs on Windows 11, on the same hardware I am able to use multiple version of Linux, Windows 10, Windows Preboot, and a FreeBSD live disk to ping the internal network without issue via both IPv4 directly with the IP and via DNS lookup. The issue arose after...
  6. Why my screen uptime is so much

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my screen uptime is so much: I NEVER use the laptop for more than 5+ hours.I barely use it thoughout the week.Why does it show that the screen is being ON for that much hours. Tried using this command in CMD: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0NO...
  7. Why my screen uptime is so much

Why my screen uptime is so much: I NEVER use the laptop for more than 5+ hours.I barely use it thoughout the week.Why does it show that the screen is being ON for that much hours. Tried using this command in CMD: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0NO...
  8. How to get uptime using BGinfo on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get uptime using BGinfo on desktop?: Hello everyone, I need assistance in obtaining the system uptime using BGinfo. I have tried various methods, including PowerShell and VBScript, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to display the uptime information on the BGinfo desktop wallpaper. Can anyone help me with...
  9. How to get uptime using BGinfo on desktop?

How to get uptime using BGinfo on desktop?: Hello everyone, I need assistance in obtaining the system uptime using BGinfo. I have tried various methods, including PowerShell and VBScript, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to display the uptime information on the BGinfo desktop wallpaper. Can anyone help me with...
  10. How to get uptime using BGinfo on desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization